LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 26)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever done a poll. I shall be doing a poll on the most boring LBC presenter. Please may I have some suggestions? My ideas so far are Clive Bull, Anthony and Steve Allen. Many thanks. :)

JHB.Likes to dish but hates it coming back at her.:p
  • djm2211djm2211 Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    JHB.Likes to dish but hates it coming back at her.:p

Can't stand the woman and I had to switch off today because of her views on kids still living at home. What a vile, despicable woman. Her poor husband and kid is all I can say.I wish they would get rid of her. I can categorically state that I will now totally switch over when she comes on. I usually turn her down but I will now find another station.

As to most boring presenter - has to be Iain Dale. Sorry. I used to love his show but now he bores the pants off me and he is so not 5pm drive time material.

And whilst I'm ranting I wish they would also get rid off that Bookbinder woman. So boring and monotone and why in the mornings after Steve does she have a half hour news slot and then does the news at 7am ! Aaaagh !!

Why can't presenters / LBC inject some light relief into their programmes like JOB and NF do with subjects that aren't news or politically related ? Personally I wish they would give Iain Payne a non-sport related slot.

Its sad because I have literally grown up with LBC and I am now 46 but I find myself switching off more and more.

Anyway rant over - glad I got that off my chest. I've got my coat.....!!!
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djm2211 wrote: »
    Can't stand the woman and I had to switch off today because of her views on kids still living at home. What a vile, despicable woman. Her poor husband and kid is all I can say.I wish they would get rid of her. I can categorically state that I will now totally switch over when she comes on. I usually turn her down but I will now find another station.

As to most boring presenter - has to be Iain Dale. Sorry. I used to love his show but now he bores the pants off me and he is so not 5pm drive time material.

And whilst I'm ranting I wish they would also get rid off that Bookbinder woman. So boring and monotone and why in the mornings after Steve does she have a half hour news slot and then does the news at 7am ! Aaaagh !!

Why can't presenters / LBC inject some light relief into their programmes like JOB and NF do with subjects that aren't news or politically related ? Personally I wish they would give Iain Payne a non-sport related slot.

Its sad because I have literally grown up with LBC and I am now 46 but I find myself switching off more and more.

Anyway rant over - glad I got that off my chest. I've got my coat.....!!!

Agreed - but I think it should be as well as his sport-related spot.
  • djm2211djm2211 Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    If I was more into football I would agree but having said that dare I say, as much as i dislike football (sorry !!) I find myself listening to his show because I just find Iain Payne so entertaining and fun to listen to
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djm2211 wrote: »

Agree - the later slot suits his naturally laid back presentation style .Peter Allen is fairly tough competition at the best of times.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an enticing thought. :D

I was wondering the same thing about lunch with J O'B, which includes in it's billing:
    During your lunch you will be able to hear all about James’ media career beginning in national newspaper journalism and moving over to broadcasting :yawn:

I think that the package there might get higher bids if they dropped the lunch with J O'B out of it!
  • HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope your not living under the illusion that only the selfish and greedy live among the rich and powerful?

If you lived in a cardboard box under the Southbank there would be somebody envying it, somebody wanting to take it from you or-if they could not have it- smash it up, somebody annoyed that it is was in a better spot than theirs

Somebody, yes. But not everybody. Also, there are more countries and cultures and ways of life in the world than our own.

Capitalism or envy, which is how you're re-situating your point, are not intrinsic human traits. I find that envy rears its head if you're dissatisfied with your lot. Well, that's my experience. Your mileage may vary, as they say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    I think that the package there might get higher bids if they dropped the lunch with J O'B out of it!

..or keep the lunch and drop J O' B .
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve really should try and control his irrational hatred of Peter André; it's getting out of hand and he's starting to sound like an obsessive nut-job or a stalker. I could understand it if PA was a nasty piece of work, like some of Steve's previous targets, but the hatred seems to stem from his being bland and inoffensive. Poor Steve suffers from the syndrome of watching/listening simply to be offended.

Morning all. :)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Steve really should try and control his irrational hatred of Peter André; it's getting out of hand and he's starting to sound like an obsessive nut-job or a stalker. I could understand it if PA was a nasty piece of work, like some of Steve's previous targets, but the hatred seems to stem from his being bland and inoffensive. Poor Steve suffers from the syndrome of watching/listening simply to be offended.

He's STILL banging on about Peter??

Dear dear me. I'm glad I gave up listening to SA a few years ago.

Does he still bang on about Kerry Katona?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Collins in for Clive for the rest of the week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brien pondering Bozza 's love child.

A key ingredient is the mojo Jimbo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brien pondering Bozza 's love child.

A key ingredient is the mojo Jimbo!

Perhaps Boris is trying to outdo Ken's collection of 5 kids by 3 mothers! ;)

I can't recall J O'B's reaction to that revelation but I expect it was along the lines of - 'Oh well, what he does in his private life is none of our business.' :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't recall J O'B's reaction to that revelation but I expect it was along the lines of - 'Oh well, what he does in his private life is none of our business.' :rolleyes:

Ken does seem to have got away lightly in comparison .....maybe as he was never married in the first place,that makes it more excusable.Small wonder casual 'partnerships' are all the rage with men !
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ken does seem to have got away lightly in comparison .....maybe as he was never married in the first place,that makes it more excusable.Small wonder casual 'partnerships' are all the rage with men !

Or as I once heard a woman say regarding such relationships, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free." I'd never heard the observation phrased in that way before, but it did me think ... oh, and laughing:o
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ken wasn't married when he fathered those children so there wasn't really a story there. Ken also never flirted with the idea of being Prime Minister so his private life was less of an issue. As the judge said yesterday, the electorate have the right to know something that questions the integrity of someone aspiring to highest office, so Boris's (alleged) love child is a ligitimate subject for discussion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and now for some light entertainment on the J HB show - it's Ed and the Economy .
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't recall Ken lying to his wife, do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Ken wasn't married when he fathered those children so there wasn't really a story there.

Maybe not much of a legal story - just one helluva moral one.

Ken/Boris - much of a muchness here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extraordinary eye-witness account of the incident in Woolwich on Iain's show.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Steve probably fancies PA hence the nastiness, its Steve's way.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extraordinary eye-witness account of the incident in Woolwich on Iain's show.

Incident in Woolwich???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incident in Woolwich???

Put the radio on. Or go to LBC website or Twitter. Too horrible to describe.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incident in Woolwich???

From Sky News V Q

http://news.sky.com/story/1094380/woolwich-shooting-after-machete-attack

Hope it wasn't terrorist attack. Near barracks.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    Was it just me or did Steve Allen actually refer to the presence of a partner today ?

I was half asleep, but this morning I think it was or maybe yesterday, I remember him reading a text by someone that said " Who's WE?" - "You said WE were watching...so and so.. etc".

I can't remember to what it was refering but in a tone of mock cynicism he dismissingly replied, 'Oh for goodness sake, just me and my partner, now don't be so nosey!'

It doesn't really matter either way, but I was just really surprised as S.A is always so careful to avoid mention of any kind of significant other in his life.

I don't make use of the podcasts as much as I could but perhaps I should check the last couple of days' worth.
This discussion has been closed.