So, whos buying the XBOX ONE and why?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As per title, who and why?

I'm not, simply because of Kinect, I don't want it.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided really. DDepends on further details, price etc. And what sony are like in comparison
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Dont no yet, will make my mind up after E3

i have paid a £20 deposit with GAME ( dont no why i did bother though) for one for the simple fact, i currently use the 360 for games so its the obvious upgrade. over the years ive played and enjoyed there exclusives, such as Halo, Gears of War, PGR, Forza etc etc, however, im still open to the Playstation 4 and if im being honest, as im typing this, im leaning more towards the PS4.

But i hope once E3 is done, i will no which one im buying at launch, but no doubt will end up with both after a year or so.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna buy it. But not for gaming. Just for w**king. Every w**k will be in front of the xbone. It's always more exciting if someone is watching...

(hehe...bone)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reveal was too TV based and since then all these rumours and contradicting reports on pre owned games and stuff have been flying about. Will wait to see what MS have to say at E3. That said I'm not sold on PS4 either. It's too soon to decide anything either way.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to figure out who at MS thought people would take to having a camera and mic that can't be turned off connected to a network being in their living rooms and kids rooms.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »

Ill never understand why Microsoft are (apparently) so obsessed with this plastic piece of crap (kinect) that they'll risk alienating their loyal hardcore fanbase (those who spend the cash) by forcing it down their necks & making em potentially jump ship 2 the competition :confused: ... It's CRAZY imo!!! :confused:
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    If MSFT can get Sky and Virgin to sell this thing, with free or subsidize subscriptions then that could be a winner for them, I suppose.

Also it would mean that the 'One' would be at the centre of the living room, where people of all demographics can enjoy Kinect family games. It would make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1829049
    Isn't this already being discussed in this thread along with whether or not people will get PS4
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me and because we can't have Bill Gates having to resort to his food shopping in Aldi can we :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Me! Already pre-ordered.

Buying one for always online (such a cool feature), no-preowned games, no games in general really, excited for Live TV though (even if that wont be in the UK for a good while), mandatory Kinect and hopefully lot's of motion games in the future, it may only have 3GB of DDR1 RAM for games and a GPU equivalent to the Wii U but the TV, Internet browser and skype applications are too good to pass up. Plus I will be able to order pizza directly to my door using only my voice and hands.

Oh and no backwards compatibility MEANS I'm getting value for money.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I'm gonna buy it. But not for gaming. Just for w**king. Every w**k will be in front of the xbone. It's always more exciting if someone is watching...

(hehe...bone)

Achievement Unlocked

:D:D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »

Why's Kinect such a big deal? You don't have to actually use voice or gestures, and it doesn't mean that every game is going to be some crappy dance game or something. It just means it's there for developers to take advantage of if they want to.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will definitely appeal to new home owners who are in need of a TV telephone and DVD player, but hey still you need a actual TV :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Why's Kinect such a big deal? You don't have to actually use voice or gestures......

How do you actually switch the Xbox One on? Does anybody know?

Because there's no longer a 'guide' button on the controller, or a visible power button on the front of the machine as far as I can see.

There is an eject touch button on the silver strip on the front of the machine.

Do you have to use voice just to start it up? Surely not. :confused:
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must also be a button as what about folk who play but maybe cant speak
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Must also be a button as what about folk who play but maybe cant speak

The silver stripe that houses the disc slot has some sort of mark on it around the side of the machine. Perhaps that's it?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    How do you actually switch the Xbox One on? Does anybody know?

Because there's no longer a 'guide' button on the controller, or a visible power button on the front of the machine as far as I can see.

Yes there is. It's the X logo at the top. Power button to the right of the machine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes there is. It's the X logo at the top. Power button to the right of the machine.

Ah, OK. I read a report said the X logo on the controller was a Infra Red LED which illuminates your face in the dark so that the Kinect can see you.

If it doubles as a button, then all the better.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much TV which will only available in the US for me.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    To early to decide. The conference was terrible. Again MS forget gamers do not want to listen all this TV crap ( we've already got devices for those things, and EU most are not even going to be available). We want to know the basic nothing against that. However hearing TV after TV in a gaming console unveil was disappointing.

MS are currently blaming media for massive backlash, this is again is bullshit. MS chose to be sketchy on their second hand policy, they chose to just let slip with no clarity that the console will need internet access every 24 hours. That means all these community places, and due stupid regulations are not allowed to give them access to the internet, or your house in country side, that has no internet access or phone signal, then no using your new console for you. Then theirs kids with parents who wouldn't for a second think of allowing them internet access. This to me just screams limited your market.

Now power, yes It's obvious PS4 is the best of the two, for third parties I doubt we will see much of a difference other than FPS increases. It's bigger gap than I thought, however I'm not confident third parties will bother putting the extra effort in to PS4 version. Maybe theirs a few developers out there who might.

Overall I had high hopes, MS new there was backlash from the necessity of internet and do think it will harm them a lot more than people think. I think they should of been more game focused, It was like 5% games and 95% TV. It's all good having all these features but at core the Xbox is gaming brand, so It I just think is disrespectful to the fans who bought 4-5 360 and 100's games, to in away give them middle finger. I hoping that E3 will game focused, and they get balance right. At the moment I'm disappointed.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the more I think about the more I like the idea, I think there is something quite exciting about the Xone! Lol.

Don't get me wrong the PS4.sounds amazing but I don't want just a games console, I want the whistles and bells and it sounds like the Xone provides those by the bucket load haha. PS4 will of course be a must have for all the raw power games fans out there and that's fine.

Hopefully Kinect will come into it's own with all it's new power.

So yes, the Xone might not be for everyone but I'm certainly gonna be getting mine asap.

Can't wait for E3, to see what games are on the way in its first year, should be a good show.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    MS are currently blaming media for massive backlash, this is again is bullshit.

Are they really? Dont they realise that media doesn't mean much now a days with the internet? All the negative commentary was all over forums around the world on the actual night, and all over facebook and twitter. Sure does sound like the media to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the more I think about the more I like the idea, I think there is something quite exciting about the Xone! Lol.

Don't get me wrong the PS4.sounds amazing but I don't want just a games console, I want the whistles and bells and it sounds like the Xone provides those by the bucket load haha. PS4 will of course be a must have for all the raw power games fans out there and that's fine.

Hopefully Kinect will come into it's own with all it's new power.

So yes, the Xone might not be for everyone but I'm certainly gonna be getting mine asap.

Can't wait for E3, to see what games are on the way in its first year, should be a good show.

It's safe to say that a lot of gamers have been left cold by the launch presentation, but looking at the style of the hardware and it's multi-media aspirations, I think the Xbox One it could be fairly successful amongst the John Lewis crowd that you see cooing over Bose sound systems and iMacs on a Saturday afternoon. Those middle-aged, middle-income types that wouldn't normally set foot in GAME and think consoles are for kids might actually go for it.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's safe to say that a lot of gamers have been left cold by the launch presentation, but looking at the style of the hardware and it's multi-media aspirations, I think the Xbox One it could be fairly successful amongst the John Lewis crowd that you see cooing over Bose sound systems and iMacs on a Saturday afternoon. Those middle-aged, middle-income types that wouldn't normally set foot in GAME and think consoles are for kids might actually go for it.

Not sure what your talking about there. I've never been in John Lewis :D
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I'll be getting one if the price is right and they show some good exclusives.

The new joypad sounds amazing from the hands on reviews ive seen , and the thought of Xbox live arcade on a new, more powerful console really excites me. All of the 'flaws' ive seen rumoured dont effect me. I buy 99% of my games brand new, ive never had my console disconnected from the Internet ( apart from 1 or 2 very rare outages that lasted a couple of hours),and i don't really loan out games to friends as we usually play the same games online.

I'll probably look at getting a ps4 next year, I've never really got on with the ps3 joypad, but if they have some great games it will be hard for me to pass up.