Artists with flawless discographies

1235»

Comments

• scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    Oh.My.God. It's like talking to a brick wall. They were my personal choices, I didn't 'propose' them or for one second suggest that you have to agree with them. And actually, Siobhan Donaghy has been involved in three albums, soon to be four, so you're not quite right there.

Sorry to get territorial but this is my thread, and my question, and what I wanted to ask was which discographies have no bad tracks. If you'd rather have a thread that asks 'Who has a quite good discography?' then that is lovely, but you can politely go and make that thread yourself instead of criticising my perfectly innocent and intentionally fun thread.

I literally had the idea for this whilst cooking dinner one afternoon, you really do not have to take it that seriously. I know that there are artists who have far more credible discographies with a few flaws, but that is simply not the thread that I wanted to make. Please try and remember that this is only a forum. It's not United Nations. If you don't like the question or have nothing to contribute then you know where to go.
    1. Take note: my response was to someone else who seems to be getting a bit hot and bothered about the thread AND NOT to you.

2. Don't apologise for anything you are obviously not sorry about.

3. NO, it is NOT 'your' thread. You started it. That's all.

4. You do well to take your own advice: "Please try and remember that this is only a forum".

5. I've contributed more to the thread than you.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only band to fall into that category for me so far is Editors.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lancashire Hotpots for me.

Six albums (soon to be seven) all with at least two singles and b sides, and the lot of them have been great.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no one has.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh.My.God. It's like talking to a brick wall. They were my personal choices, I didn't 'propose' them or for one second suggest that you have to agree with them. And actually, Siobhan Donaghy has been involved in three albums, soon to be four, so you're not quite right there.

The problem with the Siobhan Donaghy suggestion is not that her discography is short but that it is not flawless. I relistened to the two albums I have and there are a number of tracks you would skip over quite readily. Still I actually rather like most of her work, especially most of 'Ghosts'.

The thread illustrates a number of things; that the original idea might have been framed better; that there are no flawless complete discographies but a few artists come close e.g. Joy Division, Kate Bush, Led Zepp etc ; many people just post what they like and assume that makes it flawless which could be argued is a fair point of view.

Sorry to get territorial but this is my thread, and my question, and what I wanted to ask was which discographies have no bad tracks. If you'd rather have a thread that asks 'Who has a quite good discography?' then that is lovely, but you can politely go and make that thread yourself instead of criticising my perfectly innocent and intentionally fun thread.
    scrilla wrote: »
    1. Take note: my response was to someone else who seems to be getting a bit hot and bothered about the thread AND NOT to you.

2. Don't apologise for anything you are obviously not sorry about.

3. NO, it is NOT 'your' thread. You started it. That's all.

4. You do well to take your own advice: "Please try and remember that this is only a forum".

5. I've contributed more to the thread than you.

Agreed. Once the thread is out there it's hard to control what direction it will take. That's the way it works.

And thanks for the detailed reply earlier..on point.
    no one has.

Some close but probably so.