Options

Doctor Who at Comic Con 2013

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Doctor Who Hub who have someone at CC in attendance:
    Doctor Who 50th Trailer will be shown on Youtube in HD when the BBC releases it shortly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    According to Doctor Who Hub who have someone at CC in attendance:
    Doctor Who 50th Trailer will be shown on Youtube in HD when the BBC releases it shortly.

Ah, right ok. Ta :o
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's cool. Like I say as long as we get something within the week its cool. Anything longer and I think its lame. Also this spoiler stuff if getting a little tiresome in general. Hopefully one day soon people will just release trailers worldwide and then the film/show and be done with it. Spoiler culture has reached stupid and boring proportions.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These trailers always get uploaded in HD eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer should be online within two hours per GallifreyTimes.

So it's no big issue really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer should be online within two hours per GallifreyTimes.

So it's no big issue really.

Ok nice one. I just remember I am sure Comic Con got The End of Time trailer and it wasn't officially released for ages so without the pirate upload we wouldn't have seen it. I was just worried we would have to rely on Twitter descriptions for the next month or so and get nothing until end of August.

I suppose my whinging is just because it all feels so quiet right now.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor Who 50th anniversary trailer and An Adventure In Space And Time trailer will be up in the next 2 hours according to doctor who online
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So all those years I spent buying the DVDs and the books and the merchandise when the show was off air and the conventions attended not to mention paying the licence fee that you know, helps make the show...all that doesn't matter. I don't get to enjoy the trailer for fiftieth. We get nowt. Nothing. Nada.

But hey! It doesn't matter. They're too busy on their knees kissing the feet of Uncle Sam to care about us sad sacks! What do we matter? We get to see a Tardis at an airport. What a fun packed year it continues to be for us!

Its how Comic- Con works they often release the trailers after the panel its what happened yesterday with the new Hunger Games trailer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Its how Comic- Con works they often release the trailers after the panel its what happened yesterday with the new Hunger Games trailer.

But Hunger Games is American. I'm sure if their new trailer was released in the UK first exclusively, they wouldn't like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Hunger Games is American. I'm sure if their new trailer was released in the UK first exclusively, they wouldn't like it.

It's also an event that is called Comic Con International and has fans from all over the world in attendance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    It's also an event that is called Comic Con International and has fans from all over the world in attendance.

Located in America, and obviously, this is a disadvantage to most fans elsewhere in the world.

Personally, I just think exclusives should be shown at home first. I have seen plenty of Americans complaining in the past about shows or bands from America releasing exclusives over here first.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Located in America, and obviously, this is a disadvantage to most fans elsewhere in the world.

I imagine it would be a disadvantage to fans elsewhere in the world if it was hosted in the UK, too :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I imagine it would be a disadvantage to fans elsewhere in the world if it was hosted in the UK, too :p

That's should be tough luck. UK show, UK get it first. No US show would let another country take their exclusive premier. International or not. Can't think of any country that would. Except the BBC that will roll over and screw the people who pay the licence fee.
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's should be tough luck. UK show, UK get it first. No US show would let another country take their exclusive premier. International or not. Can't think of any country that would. Except the BBC that will roll over and screw the people who pay the licence fee.

Except the majority of shows/films at ComicCon are actually American, so moving it to the UK would make very little sense. We have to wait about 3/4 hours for it, big deal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except the majority of shows/films at ComicCon are actually American, so moving it to the UK would make very little sense. We have to wait about 3/4 hours for it, big deal!

When the hell did I suggest moving comic con? Give them something else, they have the panel. No reason they have to see the trailer or why they couldn't release it here at the same time.

The trailer for a UK show should have been shown here, especially for something as big as the 50th. This whole year has been crap for UK fans with us just getting the minimum off the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the hell did I suggest moving comic con? Give them something else, they have the panel. No reason they have to see the trailer or why they couldn't release it here at the same time.

The trailer for a UK show should have been shown here, especially for something as big as the 50th. This whole year has been crap for UK fans with us just getting the minimum off the BBC.

If people are willing to put that much time, effort and money into going to Comic Con then they deserve a reward, they're getting it at most a couple of hours before us, we're not missing out. Being pissed off with the BBC for not giving us more is a separate issue and one I agree with you on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They deserve a reward? They aren't going to fight in a war. They bought tickets and arrived at an event. Surely the reward is the whole panel. Give them something, but give it to the fans in its homeland too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its looking more and more likely that the talk of a UK release at midnight is just rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They deserve a reward? They aren't going to fight in a war. They bought tickets and arrived at an event. Surely the reward is the whole panel. Give them something, but give it to the fans in its homeland too.

But we are getting it, any time right about now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But we are getting it, any time right about now.

says who?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    says who?

According to the BBC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the BBC

source please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so sure I believe that. Even if its true, midnight for a family show. What the hell are they playing at.

We will clearly never agree. But I hate how this UK show seems to belong to America more and more all the time.
  • Options
    ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    I think it's disgusting the BRITISH Broadcasting Company shows a BRITISH show to an American convention first. They had an ample opportunity to show it at the Proms.

Seems more like an American show now. And we all know how Torchwood fared after pandering more to the American audience.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor Who 50th anniversary trailer and An Adventure In Space And Time trailer will be up in the next 2 hours according to doctor who online
    Seems a bit strange to give either trailer an online debut, let alone so late at night. I'd be surprised if we see 'em any time soon. Which is perfectly cool, given that it's only July!

ComicCon's bound to have a few perks, it's what the whole event is about. I can't say I've ever been bothered about anyone seeing a trailer before me.