Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^

Well I wont be. As I'm not that bothered about seeing Little Mix live on a tour tbh.

Talking of tours. A fan asked them at the signing when they were going to do a UK Salute tour. Jade said next year and Jesy said June. So looks like a summer tour.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    ^

Well I wont be. As I'm not that bothered about seeing Little Mix live on a tour tbh.

Talking of tours. A fan asked them at the signing when they were going to do a UK Salute tour. Jade said next year and Jesy said June. So looks like a summer tour.

OMG why not? :eek: Are you embarrassed it something?...

I went to see them with friends at the Hammersmith Apollo in February it was great fun.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG why not? :eek: Are you embarrassed it something?...

Not really. Just not bothered about going to see them live on tour. :)
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still listening to the album and trying to decide what I like/am not keen on...
    The odd thing seems to be that sometimes a track is a great listen,... then the next play, it's missing something :confused:
    Trying not to be influenced by all your various opinions, because I think, somehow, they colour my expectations, :o.. - Weird!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the tour will probably be a bit too orientated towards the younger female fans for me. As much as I like their talent, i'm not prepared to sit/stand in a room of hundreds of screaming young girls for several hours. Will be intriguing to see how they approach the tour this time, I'm pretty sure the crop tops with pink logos on will be out....

Hopefully, I will catch them live as part of a line up at a festival or somewhere one day.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I was in the gym today and the radio started playing How Ya Doin, I found it funny cause its kind of a gym radio and I dont think HYD is a known song around here lol
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's disheartening that none of you want to see them on tour. :(

They really put on a good show!
  • sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    It's disheartening that none of you want to see them on tour. :(

They really put on a good show!
    I went to Hammersmith too and loved it, I also saw half there set at Wireless and the improvement (even though it was only a few months between them) was vast.
    I know a lot of people thought they should have been in America promoting over the summer, but i'm glad they stayed and did the festivals, I think it was vital in their stage confidence as a band!

I wanna see Salute tour live, just to see what visual they can come up with for Salute the song (am thinking 'you've got the love' x10 and less bewitched denim)
    They seem to work with Beth Honan too as a choreographer and she has choreographed some amazing tours for Girls Aloud and Cheryl on her own, so combine her visuals with Little Mix vocals it could be quite amazing
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No ones posted about Little Mix schedule yet? I am suprised.

Little Mix will be going back to Japan after they finish The Neon Lights Tour and the Salute Tour will happen sometime around June.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    it was posted yesterday of a video saying they are going to japan twice next year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    it was posted yesterday of a video saying they are going to japan twice next year

Yes thats right, in January to promote the album then back again after Demi.

Anyone reckon the second visit might be used to do some gigs? They might announce some dates in Jan then leave it the month or so for the tickets to sell. In general though it's probably just to keep themselves in the public eye and not do what they did in America last time - release the album then disappear off the music scene completely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Like I said I'll be seeing them on the NL tour. First arena pop show I've ever seen, actually. I'll be happy to fill you all in on my thoughts.

Agreed with the comments about Salute video. I'm thinking if they get an army of modern-day women together from different walks of life, there should be plenty of opportunity for quirky jokes.

Still haven't received my signed copy of the album 11 days after shipping. Annoying. Though the followup email was much appreciated. Anyone else still waiting? Guess I'll bug them about it if it doesn't show up by the middle of next week.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a well written or sung ballad fan.
    And they're all absolutely gorgeous, the projection, the delivery, the message, the music. Fabulous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotted this on JustJared:-
    It turns out that the girls also have a celebrity fan from the Glee cast!

“Damn, why are @LittleMixOffic so good? and they’re even better live. #respect,” actor Kevin McHale recently tweeted.

Could this be helpful in any way in the US??
    Forum Member
    I had to look up Kevin McHale to realize it wasn't the retired Celtics PF you were talking about!

I'm sure every little bit helps, but probably not worth much more than that.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not be going to see little mix unfortunately as I am a skint uni student. I was offered a ticket for last year but could not afford the travel costs home to go.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure Glee is the juggernaut it once was, but good to have names talking about them. What would really help would be some grease from someone like Kelly Rowland, who's musical opinion people would really be interested in. She should wait until the new single is out there first though :D
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am surprised at my less than scientific survey so far. I would have thought that an act that's consistently delivered live would get a better response. Also maybe there is something to cultivating a younger fanbase with indulgent elders who will pay for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Not sure Glee is the juggernaut it once was, but good to have names talking about them. What would really help would be some grease from someone like Kelly Rowland, who's musical opinion people would really be interested in. She should wait until the new single is out there first though :D

I can't disagree with that at all :D

So the big question is :- what will Columbia choose to put out first??

I don't normally find myself particularly enamoured with ballads/slow songs, but I am very, very impressed with the girls' performance of TFW on This Morning.....(cannot quite believe I've admitted that.)
    I think this effort just confirms my belief that the girls truly show their talent when singing something which doesn't need quite so much power...but that they occasionally lose a little cohesion when they really try to belt out a track live......
    ...though I wonder if that might be more to do with mic. balance on stage???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they are doing a summer tour in the UK and I finish Uni then so I'm going with my sister so I can report back and take some videos/pictures .

I probably go on the London date........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    General question to anyone reading. I know this was asked in the last part pre album release. Now that you know what music would be on the next tour, will you be going to a Little Mix tour date?

I'll wait for album #3 when they're well established.

Other things, I've said it
    I said it b4, management needs to invest on wireless headphones. CIN Move was a proof that it is needed. They look very awkward and holding the mics looks like a handicap...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am surprised at my less than scientific survey so far. I would have thought that an act that's consistently delivered live would get a better response. Also maybe there is something to cultivating a younger fanbase with indulgent elders who will pay for them.

Sorry to disappoint :o - but I have never really been one to go to live performances. I have in the past been to one or two band perfs. at very small venues...but I soon realised that my ears couldn't cope with the volumes :( - especially after having them ring for one to two days after the event....
    My son was disappointed - (as he's a drummer in a small group)
    I'll wait for album #3 when they're well established.
    I'll agree with aldu on this one:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I can't disagree with that at all :D

So the big question is :- what will Columbia choose to put out first??

I don't normally find myself particularly enamoured with ballads/slow songs, but I am very, very impressed with the girls' performance of TFW on This Morning.....(cannot quite believe I've admitted that.)
    I think this effort just confirms my belief that the girls truly show their talent when singing something which doesn't need quite so much power...but that they occasionally lose a little cohesion when they really try to belt out a track live......
    ...though I wonder if that might be more to do with mic. balance on stage???

My only disappointment is that Perrie's mic was a bit too loud and made her add libs completely overpower the girls harmonies. However on the Surprise Surprise performance the harmonies could clearly be heard...
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »
    I think the tour will probably be a bit too orientated towards the younger female fans for me. As much as I like their talent, i'm not prepared to sit/stand in a room of hundreds of screaming young girls for several hours. Will be intriguing to see how they approach the tour this time, I'm pretty sure the crop tops with pink logos on will be out....

This post hits the nail on the head for me. I'm sure they'd be fantastic live, I just don't feel that something like a LM tour would be aimed at me at all.

Have some dates been announced, is that why everyone's talking about the tour?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    My only disappointment is that Perrie's mic was a bit too loud and made her add libs completely overpower the girls harmonies. However on the Surprise Surprise performance the harmonies could clearly be heard...

Hmmm....only very slightly ;)
This discussion has been closed.