Options

Well sourced Tory blogger says the cabinet will support 1 candiate to replace Cameron

2»

Comments

• Options
    LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is possible but I thought Boris would be a great candidate.

As for Milliband well he will survive because he can put it down to Cameron's useless campaign and side step the issue of his own shortcomings.
  • Options
    jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    While, theoretically, Boris could replace Cameron as leader of the Conservative party tomorrow, he could not become Prime Minister, as he is not an MP, so that is unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    There's no way Cameron has a Scottish bone in his entire body.
    He is descended from a German Jewish financier and snooty English people.

Don't believe me? Look it up yourself.

Perhaps you should look it up rather than post this tripe, he does have Scottish ancestors.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

He's half-Scottish, love.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His great great great grandfather was from Fife. His great great grandfather returned from the US and built and owned Blairmore House, a country pile in Aberdeenshire at the turn of the 20th century.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jassi wrote: »
    The difference is that the Labour party may not be sufficiently disenchanted with Miliband to want to replace him.

The Scottish Labour party certainly seems disenchanted with him. Although were they ever "enchanted" by him in the first place?
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should he resign. People had their say- its a democracy, they are not voting against him but for independence. Tony Blair and labour put this in motion. It was hardly like he could go campaign in Scotland as they dont like Tories up there. What he should have done though was persuade Gordon Brown to take charge of the campaign from the start.

More important is how he will fight for our interests if their is a yes or no vote. If I wake up tomorrow and we are still a united country but have no promises of an English parliament or that scottish mp's continue to get to sit in Westminster and decide on issues that have been devolved up there, then thats going to cause alot of upset in England and impact the whole general election.
  • Options
    jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    He's half-Scottish, love.

Rather less than that, though he clearly has Scottish links on his paternal side.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    How grown up a comment

Out of the mouth of babes Steve;-)
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    As someone who wants to see the Tories out I would love to see them put IDS back in charge. It would be hard to find a party leader worse than Ed Milliband but in IDS the Tories would have accomplished it.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should he resign..

No reason he should but it would just be used as an excuse for his political enemies (both inside and outside the party) to try to get rid of him. Many would be delighted to see him go just for being a Conservative, others have never liked him for being too "posh" and he's too socially liberal and friendly to Europe for lots on the right of his party. Over the next few days he'll find out who his political friends are. As other PM's have found even your closest closest colleague can stab you in the back if it suits their purposes.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether the Cabinet supports one candidate is immaterial...fact is anyone can stand and the vote goes to MPs and party members...and do people seriously imagine the loony brigade wouldn't put up someone like Bonio just to make a point?
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a very long way from being a Tory so I'm not really bothered who their leader is. But I'd like to see Cameron gone. He's an odious Scottish ****.

Yes - Scottish. Isn't Cameron a Scottish name?

Having a Scottish name doesn't make you Scottish. His father's side of the family could have been Scottish hundereds of years ago. If he grew up in England he's English.