The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Sorry guys, my DVD was playing up and I had to give up half way through but I didn't want to disturb everyone else with my sob story. :(

Oh no! Mine did that a few weeks ago & I was forced to use the old ps2 to watch it (think it was casanova!). Should've seen me with a controller in my hands trying to pause it etc! LOL! Is it ok now?

Yep, up for Candy next week
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no! Mine did that a few weeks ago & I was forced to use the old ps2 to watch it (think it was casanova!). Should've seen me with a controller in my hands trying to pause it etc! LOL! Is it ok now?

lol at you with the PS2 controller. I'm going to have to replace it. Think I wore it out lol. I broked it. I'll have a look out when I'm up town next week. Saw it in HMV going fairly cheap a couple of weeks ago, hopefully they still have it in stock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Sorry guys, my DVD was playing up and I had to give up half way through but I didn't want to disturb everyone else with my sob story. :(

Yep, up for Candy next week. ;)
    not exactly a happy film, but bloody well acted tho:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not exactly a happy film, but bloody well acted tho:)

I think the film and the acting deserved a hell of a lot more recognition, but then it's not an 'attractive' hollywood type movie is it. It's very well done though, some of Heath's best work I think. It's also nice to hear Heath with an Australian accent again. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at you with the PS2 controller. I'm going to have to replace it. Think I wore it out lol. I broked it. I'll have a look out when I'm up town next week. Saw it in HMV going fairly cheap a couple of weeks ago, hopefully they still have it in stock.

I looked like a right weirdo - in my stripes holding a game controller to watch the film!

Hope it's not too s'pensive - I hate it when I breaked things! :p Especially when I have to pay to replace them!

And yep, Candy's some of Heath's best work - never one to shy away from the mainstream was he? Top chap.
    Forum Member

Just checked, HMV.COM have it in stock and its £4:99 free p&p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the Ten Things DVD rather than the player itself thank gawd. I've tried cleaning it a few times, it must be scratched, probably when I threw it in the DVD drive really roughly at 9.15 because I had been running a bit late. What a muppet I am. :rolleyes::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh cool! Thanks hun. :D
    Forum Member
    can we clear this up...who has the special edition AKT?, IN The silver box, and is it worth getting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no! You broked 10 things?! I thought you meant the dvd player! Disaster! Try play.com too - altho hmv do have a mega sale on at the mo....*whispers* I still need Monster's Ball but I'm scared to buy it cos he dies in it :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: HMV are selling BBM for £17.99!!! :eek:

hehe I'm going to order The Goonies aswell on the 2 for £8 offer. I love that film. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we clear this up...who has the special edition AKT?, IN The silver box, and is it worth getting?

I'm all confused cos i have this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knights-Tale-Heath-Ledger/dp/B00005RDQL/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207174289&sr=8-1

which I don't think is the very first one, but isn't the extended one! :confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :eek: HMV are selling BBM for £17.99!!! :eek:

hehe I'm going to order The Goonies aswell on the 2 for £8 offer. I love that film. :p

Ah Goonies - classic film! Ooh! Just seen AKT on blueray - yum! Heath in Hidef - yum yum! *plop!*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the one I've got SGF.

Oh, I've just found Gladiator and Titanic in the bargain bucket too. I'm doing well here. Been waiting for the prices to come down on those to replace the videos.
  • hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the Ten Things DVD rather than the player itself thank gawd. I've tried cleaning it a few times, it must be scratched, probably when I threw it in the DVD drive really roughly at 9.15 because I had been running a bit late. What a muppet I am. :rolleyes::p

Tut tut

At least you can get it pretty cheap at the moment if you nened to replace it (did you manage to find the AKT by the way??)
    Forum Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knights-Tale-Heath-Ledger/dp/B00005RDQL/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207174289&sr=8-1

which I don't think is the very first one, but isn't the extended one! :confused::confused:

i cant click on that, my pop up blocker wont let me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    Tut tut

At least you can get it pretty cheap at the moment if you nened to replace it (did you manage to find the AKT by the way??)

They've got the extended version with the extras in this HMV sale. Hmmm, don't know whether to replace AKT with the extended version. Already spend £16 in 5 minutes lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do

I haven't got round to watching the film on it yet :o (as more people had the red edition when we watched it) And I only got it just before Christmas & so then just left it till when we all watched it here

But all the features and deleted scenes look the same (it might have an extra one or two)

But I think it has a longer running time. My Aunt saw AKT's at the cinema, & she swears that some scenes she saw at the cinema aren't on the red DVD or in the deleted scenes..so maybe they've been put back in???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant click on that, my pop up blocker wont let me

it's just on amazon - put in a knight's tale & it's the first red one that comes up

Re Rose's comment - it's soooo easy to do that when you're trawling thru one of those sales & everything's only a few quid! Before you know it, you're basket's rammed :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    They've got the extended version with the extras in this HMV sale. Hmmm, don't know whether to replace AKT with the extended version. Already spend £16 in 5 minutes lol.

Is it the one with the silver background?
    It's ok, iv'e just spent £17:99 on bones on dvd!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the extended one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knights-Tale-Heath-Ledger/dp/B000E6TVZK/ref=pd_sbs_d_h__title_1/202-8316986-7250262?ie=UTF8&qid=1207174289&sr=8-1

Which is the same as the one in Rose's link for HMV
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's the extended version. I'll check on Amazon, it should have more of a description on that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Bones, I do! And not for David Biryani - I just like it!:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Review from Amazon of the one for sale on HMV...

"Great film - and I would recommend getting this 2006 release which is an extended cut (137 mins) and includes 11 'featurettes' (each 2-5 mins long): these give a rare insight to the thinking behind and making of the film. I just bought/watched this version and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 2001 'Superbit' release would only make a difference if you have a home cinema; you would have the original 127 min version with this and no extra features. "

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=486331

That's it, I've got the 'Superbit' release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm flagging again.... falling asleep - along with the wine & the long day. G'night all, happy shopping ladies - don't spend too much! :D:D Sweet dreams all! xx