Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 9)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
DavidT wrote: »
Just don't go there.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1522103

Comments

• DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,226
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Bookings left right and centre.
    • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
      Forum Member
      Strong Song
    • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
      Forum Member
      0-1 Olympiacos. :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hope Kos isn't injured.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      OMG Diaby for his annual appearance.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      RVP again!
      Forum Member
      2-0! :D

So Arsenal group winners.
    • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Just like a Stevie Bould flick on to Ian Wright :D
      Forum Member
      Can't believe Arsenal are the only English winners this week. :eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Typical defending.
    • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
      Forum Member
      We can't even defend for 1 minute.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Great win but it is frustrating to keep conceding crap goals. As for Chelsea..............
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,314
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      First English team to make the knock out stages :cool:,hopefully the only one ;)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Just seen the second goal Chelsea let in. What on earth was Cech doing? And to think we had 'keeper problems until recently.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Captain Vantastic. Sounded a good team effort as well. We need occasions where VP can just hang about and tap them in rather than making everything himself.

As for the last minute goal, I think Szcesny and Vermaelen will sort that out. They HATE conceding. Thankfully it doesn't matter in the CL.
    • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,869
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Group winners, can't ask for anymore than that.

Now we can try to improve our league position.

Chelsea are turning into the spurs providing us with weekly laughs.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Chelsea have taken over from us 'the latest club in crisis' mantle,long may it continue,lets hope its passed onto the Spuds as well.
    • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
      Forum Member
      Great win!!!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      12 in last 8. 17 in 18 this season. 38 in 41 in 2011 and 44 in his last 47. First player to score 50 goals at the Emirates,Captain Vantastic indeed.Dortmund are a strong side on a great run of form so its a tad surprising to see them go out of the CL,was expecting them to be our main threat to winning the group.
    • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Patrick 1 wrote: »
      12 in last 8. 17 in 18 this season. 38 in 41 in 2011 and 44 in his last 47. First player to score 50 goals at the Emirates,Captain Vantastic indeed.Dortmund are a strong side on a great run of form so its a tad surprising to see them go out of the CL,was expecting them to be our main threat to winning the group.

Dortmund aren't out yet, they can still go through if they win by 4 goals and we beat Olympiakos or if they win by 5 goals and we draw.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      fab cesc wrote: »
      Dortmund aren't out yet, they can still go through if they win by 4 goals and we beat Olympiakos or if they win by 5 goals and we draw.
      Oh right.did'nt know that :o
    • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Great win, considering Dortmund won 1-0 at the Allianz playing in much the same way the weekend, I think we can be very proud of that.

Thought Song was immense today, possibly his best performance ever? He was absolutely everywhere, made tackle after tackle, and that run for the goal? Wonderful.

Van Persie is such a real leader, a proper captain after the years of Cesc having it based solely on being the best player. RVP happens to be both. And this team has much more of a togetherness about it than we have had over the last few years, and I think it's really showing in the performances. I really like this team, more than any squad since the Invincibles, even if it's not necessarily the "best".

We had a couple of Dortmund fans sitting next to us who were surprisingly vocal - irritatingly so - in their support despite being in our end. I thoroughly enjoyed yelling my head off next to them when we scored. There seemed to be little pockets of them around the stadium.

Looks like we're definitely going to be the only English team to top our group, if not the only ones to qualify. How times change. :D

Edit: Almost forgot Santos, who definitely had his best game for us tonight. Everything he does is so... Brazilian. Extremely enjoyable to watch and he did his defensive duties well tonight as well.
    • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
      Forum Member
      Looks like we're definitely going to be the only English team to top our group, if not the only ones to qualify. How times change.

It would be hilarious if Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City all dropped into the Europa League.

Arsenal fans should be concerned about Van Persie though. If he gets hurt, they lose the one player they are so dependent on. Another striker might be a good idea in January.
    • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
      Forum Member
      I was half way through yelling at the TV "Song, do you think you are Messsssss".....YESSSS.
      Brilliant goal.
      Gervinho clean through & headless chickening (more yelling) showed us though just how reliant we are on RVP.
      One of those Napoli strikers would do nicely
    • I Trust in God.I Trust in God. Posts: 1,942
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Walcott should be promoted to striker. He is itching to have a go at the role and what will we do if Van Persie gets injured? I think that Walcott would go if Arsene doesn't do anything about this. Although Arsene is flavour of the month it is only RVP's proficiency that is keeping Arsenal buoyant at the moment.
    This discussion has been closed.