Do you hide when the window cleaner is cleaning your windows

Comments

• HamptonHampton Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Any window cleaners on here?

Tell us the funniest thing you've seen.......
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    tewkesbury wrote: »
    This thread is starting to sound like a Robin Askwith film

LOL

Wish I had a window cleaner, would need to get a company out with a cherry picker to do mine lol. In one of my old houses though our window cleaner nearly fell off his ladder when my kitten jumped out the window, luckily we were just one up and the cat was fine. I don't remember hiding, think ours mainly came round when I was at work.

We had scaffolding up a few years back for rendering..I kept the blinds shut most of the summer :(
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    My husbands little nan used to have a window cleaner and she would make him a bowl of tomato soup and a mug of tea everytime he did her windows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hide but I do close my curtains, I don't know why though :o
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one and only time I really hid when the window cleaner was here was when I was sitting on the bog at the time! I leaned over to the wall underneath the window so much (trying to get out of his view) that I was practically hugging it. :D
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have a window cleaner my windows have not been cleaned since 2007. My windows are fine.

I would get self-cleaning glass if I ever need new windows though.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Was it deliberate on your part?

No, we're often naked indoors and we're not ashamed of it, nor worried who sees.

Now, it's £10 for our dormer bungalow, so that's ground and first floor windows, including the patio door.
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    I don't hide but I do close my curtains, I don't know why though :o

LOL!!! That's worse than hiding. :-D
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    The £10 is for a full rear! :o

Is it now :D
  • GoobyGooby Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I close the curtains but mainly cos the firm seems to send different people each time and we have a lot of computer equipment in one of the rooms - no point in tempting anyone.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I eventually had to sack my window cleaner. For years he used to come on a Friday, when I was out at work, and that was great because I also don't like sitting there while the window cleaner is staring through the window.

He suddenly then changed his day to Saturday at 8.30 am. This was my one lie-in day and at 8.30am I was always either still in bed, (and I like to leave the curtains open a crack), or in the shower.

I mentioned it and he said he had to come when it suited him, so that was the end of our relationship. God, my windows are FILTHY now.
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    goldielox wrote: »
    I hide yes.
    And my previous window cleaner caught me naked too

Hang on, how did you not know the windows were being cleaned? What did he do, clean them without asking you first?
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, all your window cleaners are so cheap!! I'm way too tight to pay the £20 my local one wants (it's an affluent area of Cheshire, but I'm a Yorkshirewoman - the rain cleans my windows!!). The local gardener wants £15 to do the front and back lawns, and most people around here have him weekly, I spent £80 on a flymo and send hubby out on a Sunday haha :)

I have however just had the local glass company around about having my windows, french windows and doors replaced, and I went for pilkington self cleaning glass, gawd knows how it works but if it does then joy!!
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who chats as he works ? Bit of sign language and loud voice and we sort out the worlds problems as he cleans !
  • pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, all your window cleaners are so cheap!! I'm way too tight to pay the £20 my local one wants (it's an affluent area of Cheshire, but I'm a Yorkshirewoman - the rain cleans my windows!!). The local gardener wants £15 to do the front and back lawns, and most people around here have him weekly, I spent £80 on a flymo and send hubby out on a Sunday haha :)

I have however just had the local glass company around about having my windows, french windows and doors replaced, and I went for pilkington self cleaning glass, gawd knows how it works but if it does then joy!!

oh my god, your window cleaner charges £20. He is seriously taking the piss. That's daylight robbery!!!
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Sorry, couldn't resist posting this clip.:D

http://www.e4.com/video/2bUYvq31c5Z1Jkxr5r9r2U/play.e4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    My window cleaner caught me naked as well but I had to go around to his house!

:eek::eek:
  • DarociaDarocia Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    I was rather drunk the night before and slept in my mates bed with him (he's gay so was a normal thing when I stayed over) In the morning I woke up and saw the window cleaner outside and got a fright as he saw us in our underwear lying on the bed.

It turned out great for my mate though because he hadn't come out to his parents then and his window cleaners wife was friends with his mum.

His mum loved me after that thinking I was his girlfriend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught a window cleaner's sidekick gawping in the window, probably casing the joint. Gave him an earful the nosy, possibly criminal idiot. I clean my own windows, by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When mine comes round, I go upstairs when he is doing the downstairs windows, then when I hear his ladder and i no he is gonna do upstairs, i then go downstairs. I don't know why but i always feel a bit embarrassed just sitting there watching the telly when my window cleaner is at the window.

Haha! When I was a kid, me and my brothers and sisters would run out of the room when the window cleaner put his ladder up against the house! I can't imagine just sitting there while someone looks in through your window.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    £4.50 a month to just do the front windows. £10 if I want my gutters done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yep, I eventually had to sack my window cleaner. For years he used to come on a Friday, when I was out at work, and that was great because I also don't like sitting there while the window cleaner is staring through the window.

He suddenly then changed his day to Saturday at 8.30 am. This was my one lie-in day and at 8.30am I was always either still in bed, (and I like to leave the curtains open a crack), or in the shower.

I mentioned it and he said he had to come when it suited him, so that was the end of our relationship. God, my windows are FILTHY now.

Pervert. Not only that, but that's bad customer service!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend and I were in bed one afternoon having a good time when the window cleaner showed up. The bedroom curtains were shut so we didn't really worry about him but then the cat jumped on the windowsill and pulled back the curtain and he got an eyeful
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope cos I'm on the first floor level and the window cleaners clean the windows with brushes on poles
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    I only hide when he comes round for his money.

Haha I've done that before.

Mostly I'd only hide if I was getting changed or something like that.