The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Update about what i was saying that bookmakers dont really seem to know what they are doing this year..as things are changing so much..

Armenia and Netherlands are now joint second favorites with Boylesports to be winners at 9/2, but to finish top 4 Armenia are 8/15 but Netherlands are 11/10..when logically both should be the same price.

Uk out to 9/1 but that is a reaction to fact they have to correct market to take account of the Netherlands.I think 9/1 is a great e/w bet
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    "It's not sad enough!" - Give over, we're practically at the wake of 'Mother' :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God. The faux-sobbing comes across even worse on radio.

edit: ooh, Ana. didn't like that Axel dig. I know he's not the prettiest guy ever, but I wouldn't say he was ugly - especially if he lost some weight. Perhaps he'd look like Teo? xD!
    Forum Member
    Poor Cristina! :(
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait.. someone posted a picture a few pages back of Molly at r2 with someone. Was that Emmelie De Forest? If so, how much work has that girl actually had done? D:
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally forgot that I have a works meal to go to tonight that I cannot get out of so no semi final 2 for me. Absolutely gutted!!!

Will someone please give Poland an extra vote for me as I fear they are going to need it!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Call me naive, but I can't see any difference in Emmelie. She looks the same to me.
    Forum Member
    It's still so amazing that 'Maybe', became a yes! It's like when Tahiti ended up in the Confederations Cup! :D:D
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    I can see (or rather hear) why Moldova qualified, sound ropey vocally.

That said Valentina sounds a bit off to me too :o
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news another BBC article/video on Eurovision. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27313327

I saw this on BBC World News earlier (just before 05:30). Or at least half of it, as they cut it about half-way through so that the anchor could make a mocking comment before linking to the weather.
    Booty luv wrote: »
    the thing that annoyed me most about Tuesdays commentary is the constant spoiling of what was going to happen on the stage. Part of the Eurovision magic is what goes on during the performance, I don't want to be told what is going to happen at the end. >:(:(

I agree. Especially when one of them tries to create some form of suspense, and the other buts in with "well basically they do this".

I've always hated Scott but this Laura is making things worse. At least Sara was entertaining and enjoying herself.

Why couldn't they have been swapped with Ana? :(
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulu sounding out of key
    Forum Member
    Woooo!!!

"WAH WAH WAY WAH WAY!!!!"
  • WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ana is clearly commentating at the time, as she keeps saying tonight. So where was this commentating for? Surely it wasn't for now. I'm so confused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy. Tearing up already :(!
    Forum Member
    Suzy time!! Let's pray for her and hope it was all a bad dream :(
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ana said Suzy looked like a Trans man post operation OMG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    Ana is clearly commentating at the time, as she keeps saying tonight. So where was this commentating for? Surely it wasn't for now. I'm so confused.

yeah. it's weird. Earlier she said "you can see semi final 2 tonight at 8pm, where you can vote". So i think she's just in the Eurovision mood and immersing herself in the moment :D
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see how Portugal faired, I feel Suzy narrowly missed out. Such a shame as it would have been a breath of fresh air in the final.
    Forum Member
    Mourning this loss with some honorary Suzy Shaking. :(
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UAUAUÉ UAUÉ

#Pray4Suzy (we can pretend)
  • WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make up for Suzy not qualifying I may just spam votes for Georgia tonight.
    Forum Member
    Suzy nailed it didn't she :cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    It was like Portugal's take on Shakira's, Waka Waka - how could Europe not love it?

3 points between 10th-12th, wouldn't be surprised if there was a tie for 10th, like when Love Unlimited was cruelly robbed that time! :(
  • Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Gutted we are going to go from Ana back to Laura :(

I really liked Ana she made it her own, Laura's a kind of nothing, please don't bring her back next year. I'd like to see Edith Bowman have a go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netherlands really does sound better than on the CD.

Ilse<3 I have a straight crush !
This discussion has been closed.