Options

Team Paige/Lauren/Brad/Bailey v Team Terese/Matt/Amber/Imogen - NEIGHBOURS SPOILER

Comments

• Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    If Terese is this upset about Paige, I wonder what will happen if Ned ever shows up.

that's different she has always known about Ned, Paige is a new person all together someone she didn't know existed until recently.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    People say Naomi is the bitch on Ramsay Street but to me its Imogen.

I enjoy Naomi scenes, what's everyone on about ay? I agree about Imogen, She's far too stuck up her own arse she could lick herself out :)
  • Options
    NFAN 21NFAN 21 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I'm for team Paige/Lauren/Brad/Bailey all the way!
    Terese, Imogen and Amber in particular are acting bitchy and closed minded about the situation whilst Lauren, Brad and Bailey are all having a positive effect on Paige.

As for Naomi all she did was fall for a married man and whilst she overstepped the mark she did own up to her mistakes and she can admit when she is wrong. Imogen always thinks she is right and everyone else is wrong!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I think Paige is awesome, but lets face it, she hasn't made any effort to get to know Imogen. They had, like one or two brief scenes, and Paige saw that she was uptight, so didn't bother to get to know her. She put a lot of effort in getting to know Josh and Bailey, and hasn't really tried to fix things with Amber. I know Amber is a drip, but I get why she is hostile towards Paige.

I can totally see why Terese doesn't like Paige, and hates the whole idea of Brad having another kid with an ex. She's never been comfortable with any of this, and now that Paige is here, it's a very confronting and threatening situation that Terese is being forced to deal with. Let's face it: why should she be accepting and sympathetic about her husband having another love child with another ex living across the street?
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Team Paige.

All the really annoying characters are on the other team.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Paige all the way.

I watch at Aus pace and although what I am about to write is not a spoiler, but my opinion, I will hide it like a spoiler, so those of you who don't want to read my opinion in case it may be interpreted as a spoiler don't have to.
    I'm not sure if it was just me, but it seemed like Imogen was warming to Paige slightly in the brief contact they had.
    Yeah you can see Imogen is warming to her, its Amber who is acting like a jealous little brat lol. It always has to be about "Princess Skank" lol. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they didn't know who she really was though so the onus was on Paige to make an effort with them because she was the one concealing her true identity. And she was quite unpleasant to Amber deliberately flirting with her boyfriend to wind her up (before realising he was her half-brother) and then kissing Daniel to spite her. And Matt and Terese have had plenty of reason to mistrust her because of her susicious behaviour. I like Paige and I'm enjoying the storyline but I can see things from the others points of view.

I don't think she did it knowing Amber was her sister and did it to hurt her though. Amber has been acting like a jealous little brat.

And tbf to Paige she did try to make the effort with Imogen but Imogen did not want to know. Same with Bailey he did not want to know till he got to know her. Its not her fault Brad, Lauren, Josh, all gave her a chance. So of course she is going to like them more. Terese would have disliked whoever turned out to be their kid, look how she was with that Lisa girl.

As for her Kissing Daniel we all know why she did it, for Josh. Amber has only herself to blame for that.

Like i said Matt has not really been horrible to Paige and she him. I think he will be accepting soon.
  • Options
    MentoristMentorist Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just really pleased to see some negative reactions at all. In days gone by as soon as the secret was revealed everyone would instantly fall in love with Paige and they would all live happily ever after. Thank God Neighbours is getting more realistic!
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imogen wasn't always a bitch, she's just experiencing a common soap problem - a personality transplant. She was a really nice and mature girl throughout her bulimia story line but something changed and overnight she started lashing out at everything that moved. I have watched long enough to be hopeful that this too shalt pass. :)
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her Mum Terase is a bitch too. Imogen must take after her! But I think Naomi is great. When she walked brazenly into Toadies hospital room like he and Sonya would be pleased to see her, was hilarious! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imogen is not a bitch though. Yes she us high opinionated but she has hardly done anything that makes her a bitch. she is no where as bad as Naomi but there are much bigger bitches than Naomi.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I don't think Naomi is a bitch though. She just seems to be making one wrong choice after another.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don`t like Imogen, Terese, Josh or Amber, so taking a side would be difficult. I suppose if I was pushed I`d be on team Matt/Lauren/Bailey/Paige/Amber
    Paige is my fave new character of this year. She`s like a breath of fresh air. I disliked haughty Know-it-all Princess Imogen since her first scene, and time hasn`t changed my opinion of her.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paige has been a great addition to the show and I have been hugely impressed with Olympia Valance's Acting too.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    So, due to his overwhelming loyalty to Terese, Brad has now left Team Brad etc! I understand he doesn't want another Lisa situation, so wants to be sure that Paige is his daughter, but his 'I have to put my own family first' was a little odd to hear, considering all the effort he put into finding Paige through hiring the PI and travelling to Adelaide. I think he instinctively knows Paige is their daughter, but he is feeling the pressure of the reality of her being there under the circumstances.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NFAN 21 wrote: »
    I'm for team Paige/Lauren/Brad/Bailey all the way!
    Terese, Imogen and Amber in particular are acting bitchy and closed minded about the situation whilst Lauren, Brad and Bailey are all having a positive effect on Paige.

As for Naomi all she did was fall for a married man and whilst she overstepped the mark she did own up to her mistakes and she can admit when she is wrong. Imogen always thinks she is right and everyone else is wrong!

Agree = Naomi is not a bitch and there was a connection with Toadie. She fell for him and as Sonya had left the door wide open you can hardly blame her for taking her chance.

Imogen has been ruined by the scriptwriters - such a pity.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a rip snorter of a week. My only complaint is that it would have been better and more true to character if Imogen had been supportive of Paige. I can understand Ambers hate but Imogen's makes no sense. It's yet more evidence of the assassination of her character.
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's as simple as there being two teams and people having to choose a side. I think Paige is quite insincere in places, acting like she likes Amber and Imogen now they know she's their sister when in truth she doesn't have a lot of time for them. And I also think she resents Matt for not being her father and has given him a hard time when he's been pretty reasonable. Lauren is overdoing it expecting everyone to instantly embrace her as part of the family, whereas Brad has the sense not to neglect his other children by making it all about the new one. Terese is just selfish and doesn't want to accept someone that isn't related to her into the family. And I might be in the minority but I actually like Amber more than Paige. I guess we're meant to forget the fact that Paige trashed Lauren's business because she didn't invite her to a family dinner, even though Paige was the one lying to her and hiding the fact they were family.

And to be honest, Imogen's always been a bitch, she just used to hide it better so that when she was rude about people we all thought she was being cute and quirky. She went psycho on Kate because she was jealous of her and Mason, she swaggered around school acting like she was entitled to turn up late to classes and she set Amber up with a guy who practically ended up assaulting her because she didn't want her dating Josh. It's a shame Mason left because he was one of the few people that had a calming influence on her when she wasn't being a bitch towards him as well. Since their romance fizzled out after months of build-up, we're just left with Imogen striding around sniping at everyone.
  • Options
    Louise_WoodLouise_Wood Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    skteosk wrote: »
    I don't think it's as simple as there being two teams and people having to choose a side. I think Paige is quite insincere in places, acting like she likes Amber and Imogen now they know she's their sister when in truth she doesn't have a lot of time for them. And I also think she resents Matt for not being her father and has given him a hard time when he's been pretty reasonable. Lauren is overdoing it expecting everyone to instantly embrace her as part of the family, whereas Brad has the sense not to neglect his other children by making it all about the new one. Terese is just selfish and doesn't want to accept someone that isn't related to her into the family. And I might be in the minority but I actually like Amber more than Paige. I guess we're meant to forget the fact that Paige trashed Lauren's business because she didn't invite her to a family dinner, even though Paige was the one lying to her and hiding the fact they were family.

And to be honest, Imogen's always been a bitch, she just used to hide it better so that when she was rude about people we all thought she was being cute and quirky. She went psycho on Kate because she was jealous of her and Mason, she swaggered around school acting like she was entitled to turn up late to classes and she set Amber up with a guy who practically ended up assaulting her because she didn't want her dating Josh. It's a shame Mason left because he was one of the few people that had a calming influence on her when she wasn't being a bitch towards him as well. Since their romance fizzled out after months of build-up, we're just left with Imogen striding around sniping at everyone.

Great post skteosk, I am totally with you on this regarding Paige, it is a great storyline though and can't wait to see how the family divides deepen, I think Paige will try to push Lauren and Brad together.

Bib, Imogen's character, she has always been self absorbed and downright horrible in my opinion. The way she speaks to people and her always in the right mentality drives me crazy!
  • Options
    alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liking neighbours at the moment, love Toadie, Kyle, Chris, Paul, Lauren and Paige, Beige but inoffensive, amber and Josh, totally adorable but ruined by the scriptwriters Therese and Imogen, biggest Jim Carrey lookalike, Daniel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Paige / Lauren / Brad / Bailey

But in a way I am glad that Terese is being controversial. If everyone just accepted Paige, the story line would be boring. I like that Terese is so desperate to be right about Paige because she feels so threatened by this young girl, and is so obsessed and determined to 'get rid of her' that she can't see how much her own actions and attitude towards Paige are pushing Brad away. Brad may even start to stand up to Terese now which will be a welcome change from him always following her orders.

In the last episode (Aus pace), there was a great Lauren, Brad and Paige scene. For a while now it has seemed like there is unfinished business between Brad and Lauren so I want to know if the scriptwriters will go down the affair route or if the 'secret kiss' is just going to cause problems (with Paige possibly finding out about it and getting the wrong / right idea about her parents still having feelings for each other). It's clear that Brad feels emasculated and Lauren is so desperate to cling onto the 20 years of being Paige's mother that were taken away from her. Add that to the fact that Terese is doing a great job of driving Brad away. I wouldn't put it past Terese to force him to choose between her and his daughter at some point. She's going to make the idea of being with the lovely Lauren seem so much more appealing to him and if Matt helps Terese, he'll end up driving Lauren away too.
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed this storyline, im definitely team Paige, Lauren and Brad :cool:
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt has not had a storyline of his own yet - he needs one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt has not had a storyline of his own yet - he needs one.

He had one or two with the investigation of kate shooting and and the hostage situation and loved the storyline with just him and bailey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Team Paige / Lauren / Brad / Bailey

But in a way I am glad that Terese is being controversial. If everyone just accepted Paige, the story line would be boring. I like that Terese is so desperate to be right about Paige because she feels so threatened by this young girl, and is so obsessed and determined to 'get rid of her' that she can't see how much her own actions and attitude towards Paige are pushing Brad away. Brad may even start to stand up to Terese now which will be a welcome change from him always following her orders.

In the last episode (Aus pace), there was a great Lauren, Brad and Paige scene. For a while now it has seemed like there is unfinished business between Brad and Lauren so I want to know if the scriptwriters will go down the affair route or if the 'secret kiss' is just going to cause problems (with Paige possibly finding out about it and getting the wrong / right idea about her parents still having feelings for each other). It's clear that Brad feels emasculated and Lauren is so desperate to cling onto the 20 years of being Paige's mother that were taken away from her. Add that to the fact that Terese is doing a great job of driving Brad away. I wouldn't put it past Terese to force him to choose between her and his daughter at some point. She's going to make the idea of being with the lovely Lauren seem so much more appealing to him and if Matt helps Terese, he'll end up driving Lauren away too.

I don't think it an affair which I was hoping because neither one would do it the kiss was over whelmed looking for paige.

The kiss appently come out during the week of the torndo it been on spoilers