The Stephen Gately Condolences and appreciation thread

Comments

• beast1982beast1982 Posts: 5,350
    Forum Member
    Is there anywhere we can watch this online apart from Sky as it isnt working properly for me? Thanks
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joy2286 wrote: »
    Aaaaw Boyzone's kids doing the prayers :(

Is anyone else annoyed with Sky cutting the feed off and talking to people about it?

I was livid when they cut from the prayers to that idiot Biggins - we want to hear the service, not that daft old g*t's opinion.:mad:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's wrong to televise it imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    must say tho its a lovley service so far and very touching, i really feel for them its not easy when its someone so young.

RIP stephen. you should be proud of your family and friends today
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Agreed I'd rather listen to the coverage then what other people have to say, theres time for that after the service has finished :(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beast1982 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere we can watch this online apart from Sky as it isnt working properly for me? Thanks

I think it's just on Sky. Have googled it but only sky came up. Sorry
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FluffyEgg wrote: »
    It's wrong to televise it imo.
    Why on earth do you say that?:confused:
    Forum Member
    The Sky streaming online is abysmal, it keeps stopping then when it catches up it has missed chunks! It keeps missing out parts of sentences. Abysmal. Are there any other sites I could watch this on?
    Forum Member
    2811 wrote: »

Ah ok thank you
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2811 wrote: »

Here it is , only the sound ,no pictures

http://www.rte.ie/live/
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    How on earth could any parent find the strength to get through the funeral service of their child? :(:cry:
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member

Aww thanks very much for this. My boyfriend is watching the blinking Rangers game so I can't watch on Sky. Selfish boy!
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this. I really cannot believe that I'm watching coverage of little Stephen Gately's funeral. He was the first boy I ever wanted to marry, the poster I kissed goodnight, the little stephen doll that I actually took everywhere with me, whose picture I used to stare at and think was so beautiful. I remember I bought the tape of love me for a reason, played 30 odd times and decided Stephen was my favourite, voice and smile so sweet an warm. He just seemed like a genuine darling. I remember (after giving up on marrying him) wishing that I could meet a boy so sweet. Even when my love of boyzone faded I still got excited whenever I saw his smiley face on T.V or in pictures. He was so young and full of life. This is so sad.
    Forum Member

Much better! Thank you! It is so sad.

I grew up with Boyzone. But now, as I am older, the age gap between me and them is much smaller. 33 is around the same age as me, its just a few years difference. It is no age to pass away.

It is amazing to think what Stephen did in his short life - he achieved so much and he and all around him should be proud of what he achieved. Of course, he could have gone on to achieve much more. What a shame that the good people are always taken. My condolences to his friends and family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronan singing now....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth will BZ get through this song????
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronan singing :(
  • Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugest round of applause for the boyz! My heart goes out to them- can't commend them enough! It must take so much for them to do this!
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Joy2286 wrote: »
    Hugest round of applause for the boyz! My heart goes out to them- can't commend them enough! It must take so much for them to do this!

Their hearts must be breaking. :cry:
  • louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww this is very sad. Its lovely hearing the boys singing for their friend and brother.
  • leigh183leigh183 Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely tribute from the boys - how they did that I don't know!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lovely song. Beautifully done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's heartbreaking isn't it :( Can't be a dry eye in that church after that :(
  • orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that song? Was it written for the funeral? Very beautiful.