Options

When is too old to go on a 'lads' holiday?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be harsh, but sometimes men need a reality check.

The only person here who needs a reality check is yourself. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really mean it, it was bravado to sound like I knew what I was on about :o

Oh ok then. :)
  • Options
    joijijoiji Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Well rise above it and ignore it, But others are no better posting inflammortary comments.

He thrives on the attention he gets on here, he knows exactly what to write to ensure each thread keeps growing. There is also the added bonus of conversing with real life women

Pussaaay Patrol will no doubt be knee deep in clunge 5 minute after arriving at the hotel.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't really mean it, it was bravado to sound like I knew what I was on about :o
    Awww bless.
  • Options
    Josh StonemJosh Stonem Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Oh ok then. :)

Sorry btw
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am 29 and if I became single I'd happily go on a 18-30s style holiday to get over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only went abroad on a 'lads holiday' once in 1999 and just got drunk and had a good time with my then mates really.

Most of them 'pulled' I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only went abroad on a 'lads holiday' once in 1999 and just got drunk and had a good time with my then mates really.

Most of them 'pulled' I think.
    How old were you? And where did you go? I think the quality of the holiday depends on the mates and the location. I had a fabulous girlie holiday in my 20's, island hopping in Greece, although we didn't have score charts and all that.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    How old were you? And where did you go? I think the quality of the holiday depends on the mates and the location. I had a fabulous girlie holiday in my 20's, island hopping in Greece, although we didn't have score charts and all that.:D

21 and we went to Tenerife, Playa de las Américas.

Should have been the holiday of a lifetime I guess although I didn't manage to even speak to any girls out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    21 and we went to Tenerife, Playa de las Américas.

Should have been the holiday of a lifetime I guess although I didn't manage to even speak to any girls out there.
    Maybe the kind of girls in Playa weren't your kind of girl anyway? It's not a good idea to place too much expectation on a holiday. Just see it as a break from work, a chance to relax, get some sun, and anything else is a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe the kind of girls in Playa weren't your kind of girl anyway? It's not a good idea to place too much expectation on a holiday. Just see it as a break from work, a chance to relax, get some sun, and anything else is a bonus.

I seem to remember seeing a nice looking girl, wondering what they were like. I don't want to offend any woman on here but you can sometimes tell what a girl is like on a night out by how they dress.

I know theres a fine line between dressing up and that and then going over the top and theres no reason why a girl shouldn't flaunt what she's got but I was looking at girls that looked nice without being too scimpily dressed etc.

Then after a few minutes of wondering what I might say, some jack the lad would push in anyway and get off with them.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we were in Crete we saw a coach party from Malia pull up at Elounda harbour for a boat party.

If the OP has very, very low standards, he should be ok there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember the boat party - that was fun!

I saw this nice girl called Dawn from Reading (my so called mate jumped in and got chatting to her) so I kept quiet even though I really liked her.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member

I saw this nice girl called Dawn from Reading (my so called mate jumped in and got chatting to here) so I kept quiet even though I really liked her.

You remember a boat party in Malia when you were in Playa?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    You remember a boat party in Malia when you were in Playa?

No I remember the boat party we had, they are standard on these holidays.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    No I remember the boat party we had, they are standard on these holidays.

Oh I see, I understand now!
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    I'd bet my Winter Fuel Allowance on the OP having added a decade or two to his actual age.

An what is a "winter fuel allowance" (I'm from the UK)? Another country paying 50p a gallon for fuel no doubt but getting it free in winter whilst we pay £7.50 a gallon??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    Oh I see, I understand now!

It was my fault - I could have worded it better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw this nice girl called Dawn from Reading (my so called mate jumped in and got chatting to her) so I kept quiet even though I really liked her.
    So Dawn from Reading can't have been all that nice if she copped off with your friend.

These sort of holidays are a rite of passage, where every night is Saturday night, and the sun shines, and the booze is cheap. Sooner or later, you realise you may want a little bit more than that.

But it's fun while it lasts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Dawn from Reading can't have been all that nice if she copped off with your friend.

These sort of holidays are a rite of passage, where every night is Saturday night, and the sun shines, and the booze is cheap. Sooner or later, you realise you may want a little bit more than that.

But it's fun while it lasts!

She didn't - they just chatted. It could have been me who chatted to her if I hadn't sat there like an I don't know what.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't - they just chatted. It could have been me who chatted to her if I hadn't sat there like an I don't know what.
    So you are a bit reserved? So what? Not everyone is a gob-on-a-stick, with an opinion on everything, just relax and be yourself.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Just go with your mates and enjoy yourself, you will meet like minded people of the same and opposite sex. You may makes new friends and have a few hilarious adventures and some steaming hot sex. Just go and enjoy yourself ignore 90% of the users in this post who are moaning and whining.

Just know while you are meeting new friends and having a good fun time they will be on here moaning about benefit cuts.

you really believe that is what going to happen ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you are a bit reserved? So what? Not everyone is a gob-on-a-stick, with an opinion on everything, just relax and be yourself.

Sound advice in the main to normal people but 'being myself' is why I wouldn't have approached her or anyone.
This discussion has been closed.