Who will be this years X Factor panel?Kelly Rowland?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since Nicole's been sacked or she's quit for her music.
Cheryl most likely returning alongside Simon and Louis.
Who will be on this years panel?

Will Kelly Rowland return and it'll be a
Louis-Kelly-Cheryl-Simon panel?

Or will Simon have Louis and Cheryl with another male judge?

Or a different female judge?

It seems very likely that Cheryl is returning.

Comments

• Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Nicole and Kelly won't be on the panel. I'm going with Alesha swapping leaving BGT for X Factor
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Well, I definitely think Cheryl will be there. Apparently, Rita Ora is the favourite with bookmakers to sit on the 2014 Uk panel, along with Cheryl, Louis and Simon.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-02-13/is-this-the-x-factor-2014-judging-panel
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis - Nicole - Cheryl - Simon

or

Louis - Rita - Cheryl - Simon

I think it'll be Nicole though.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicole hasn't been sacked or quit, that was a made up story in the press, Nicole's spokesperson denied that today and even said she is in talks with the producers.
    Nicole is still in discussion with X Factor bosses about the show.

Yes she is going to release an album and needs to promote it around the world, but she loves the show and has made a home for herself in the UK.

She was really homesick the first year she did The X Factor, but now it's become her family and isn't sure about leaving that behind. She adores the British public.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nicole-scherzinger-hasnt-quit-x-3140665

That to me sounds like Nicole wants to come back.

So I personally hope and think the panel will be Simon, Cheryl, Nicole and Louis.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I still cannot see Nicole and Cheryl on the same panel, considering how threatened Cheryl is by Nicole. I would be very surprised to see them on the same panel. Who knows though, stranger things have happened.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it's surely going to be:

Simon - Louis - Cheryl - Rita Ora

The notoriety & publicity surrounding the future blockbusting turkey 50 Shades of Grey movie will ensure Rita Ora gets the fresh blood/Urban slot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly was atrocious on the UK version last time, so please God no.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheryl looks a cert now; the only question is when it will be announced... I think if they can hold it off until Britain's Got Talent launch/start of final week they will.

Simon would probably prefer Dannii to return so he has the 2010 panel back in place - especially as the press will be able to start the Dannii v Kylie headlines even if they are judging shows which air over different parts of the year.

In the highly likely result of Dannii wishing to stay in Australia I think Nicole would be the preferred bet; that way they'll only be replacing 50% of the panel and they have the Cheryl v Nicole feud to build on - as long as it doesn't become so obvious and uncomfortable as the Mariah Carey v Nicki Minaj feud on American Idol which was definitely unscripted by the end and not nice to watch.

If Nicole decides to leave I agree with the poster who said Alesha will be moved across. She's worked well on Britain's Got Talent and the ex-Strictly judge working on a show opposite Strictly might generate some headlines. She at least has a personality; they already know she bounces off Simon and I can see her getting on with Louis.

I see no sense behind Rita Ora - other than one short spell at the auditions she's unproven in front of a live audience and may come up short during the main show. The programme needs a reliable panel this time round instead of another risk.
  • gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Cheryl looks a cert now; the only question is when it will be announced... I think if they can hold it off until Britain's Got Talent launch/start of final week they will.

Simon would probably prefer Dannii to return so he has the 2010 panel back in place - especially as the press will be able to start the Dannii v Kylie headlines even if they are judging shows which air over different parts of the year.

In the highly likely result of Dannii wishing to stay in Australia I think Nicole would be the preferred bet; that way they'll only be replacing 50% of the panel and they have the Cheryl v Nicole feud to build on - as long as it doesn't become so obvious and uncomfortable as the Mariah Carey v Nicki Minaj feud on American Idol which was definitely unscripted by the end and not nice to watch.

If Nicole decides to leave I agree with the poster who said Alesha will be moved across. She's worked well on Britain's Got Talent and the ex-Strictly judge working on a show opposite Strictly might generate some headlines. She at least has a personality; they already know she bounces off Simon and I can see her getting on with Louis.

I see no sense behind Rita Ora - other than one short spell at the auditions she's unproven in front of a live audience and may come up short during the main show. The programme needs a reliable panel this time round instead of another risk.
    if Cheryl does come back Alesha would be a really good choice because her and Cheryl are friends after they climbed the mountain for comic relief.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly's too busy planning her nuptuals and building her life in the USA. She won't be back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it's surely going to be:

Simon - Louis - Cheryl - Rita Ora

The notoriety & publicity surrounding the future blockbusting turkey 50 Shades of Grey movie will ensure Rita Ora gets the fresh blood/Urban slot.

BIB - will be an admission of the show's failure and that it needs to be scrapped. It will be a negative sign - you should never go back for a second stint it is never as good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Cheryl looks a cert now

Yep, and I am DREADING it. She ruined the show for me when she was on it before with her and Simon's "my gang" act, and moments like when she ripped into Wanger on air in the most unprofessional way ever. And the tabloid's obsession with her is just completely boggling to me. Okay, she's beautiful, and has released a few good songs here and there, but I just don't get the level of knickers wetting hysteria which oozes out of every word when they write about her.

When she's confirmed for a return, that hysteria is going to return ten times worse than it's ever been and it will be unbearable. I feel like hiding in a cave until it dies down again. It's that bad.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She posted this on instagram http://instagram.com/p/kWM78YwpDh/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Kelly's too busy planning her nuptuals and building her life in the USA. She won't be back.

Kelly was asked on The View about a return to XFactor UK two days ago and she said:
    "We'll see what happens".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeNEFdAsGI
    *Hit the 2:22 mark*

I think she considered it if she's asked. Her and Simon worked well and were easily the best judges on XFUSA last season. Kelly has expressed her love for Cheryl before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czf17MhRQb4

but hmmmm Kelly and Louis-not sure about that!

I'd love to see A Kelly-Cheryl-Simon-Louis panel though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    The1Kuda wrote: »
    Kelly was asked on The View about a return to XFactor UK two days ago and she said:
    "We'll see what happens".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeNEFdAsGI
    *Hit the 2:22 mark*

I think she considered it if she's asked. Her and Simon worked well and were easily the best judges on XFUSA last season. Kelly has expressed her love for Cheryl before.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czf17MhRQb4

but hmmmm Kelly and Louis-not sure about that!

I hope Kelly does return i would love that:)
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »

Same i think kelly would be different this time around! I really think her being on this panel will give her people/personalities to bounce off of!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Kelly's too busy planning her nuptuals

I am a bit surprised by that! Perhaps I've been reading too much of the 'In the closet' thread over on the Showbiz forum. Anyway...
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon - Cheryl - Rita - Louis panel looks almost like it's going to happen. Sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's not Rita. Can't stand her.

Cheryl looks a cert after that Instagram post. Dannii's apparently in London this week... and Simon in that DS article about Nicole leaving said he has exciting news to announce next week. Not getting my hopes up but I'd love Dannii back too.
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love Kelly to return, I thought she was great on both UK and US shows!

Simon said on Twitter he had something big to announce next week, I'm assuming its Cheryl confirmation, I think a Simon Cheryl Kelly Louis panel would be great!

I also can't see Alesha switching shows, I like Alesha but she's not a massive star, and I think X Factor will be pulling out all the stops since Simon is back!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't want Kelly to return, she never seemed to fit in imo. Don't want that chav Rita Ora on it either.

I'm hoping Dannii will return, she was the one of the best judges XF has ever had but I can't see this happening as she seems settled in Australia plus she's on XF OZ (she's brilliant on that) and also she wants her son to go to school in OZ.

TBH I'd rather Kelly return than have Rita Ora. If Dannii returns it shouldn't be has bad with Cheryl, as that lineup did work. But I'm not overly keen on Cheryl coming back, I don't think I could hack another season of Cheryl hanging around Simon like a lovesick puppy
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be Alesha and Cheryl
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Yep, and I am DREADING it. She ruined the show for me when she was on it before with her and Simon's "my gang" act, and moments like when she ripped into Wanger on air in the most unprofessional way ever. And the tabloid's obsession with her is just completely boggling to me. Okay, she's beautiful, and has released a few good songs here and there, but I just don't get the level of knickers wetting hysteria which oozes out of every word when they write about her.

When she's confirmed for a return, that hysteria is going to return ten times worse than it's ever been and it will be unbearable. I feel like hiding in a cave until it dies down again. It's that bad.

I totally agree with this
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I'd like a Cheryl and Dannii return, but Cheryl 2008 not Cheryl 2010. Dannii is unlikely I would think but out of the two, id prefer her. Louis looks certain, unfortunately for me because I can't stand him.

I really don't want Rita Ora on the panel, I thought she was dreadful as a guest, I'd much prefer Kelly to make a comeback I really liked her on her first series
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love Alesha on xf. She's got a personality, she comes across as someone who'd throw themselves into the role of being a mentor, My only worry with this is would it not be too much if she was on two shows almost back to back? And I personally wouldn't want her to step away from bgt next year.