Just for fun: The 2015 Prediction Thread

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
After such an unpredictable result (who this time last week thought we'd be toasting an Austrian victory?) I though it might be fun to make a few predictions about next years contest, namely- give me one name on who will win!

Obviously we don't even know who's competing yet (and might not for some time) but what country do you think could win the 60th?

I'll say... Estonia!

Also, do you think we might get any returns? I'm hoping after the success of Central Europe this year Slovakia and the Czech Republic might stage a comeback. Cyprus, Serbia and Bosnia & Herzegovina are all pretty likely, too.

Comments

• rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Bosnia & Herzegovina will come back next year and storm to victory :D
  • si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My vote will be going to the Vatican City - sure fire winners in my book
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweden ;)
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    It'll probably go back to Eastern Europe. It's bound to happen sooner rather than later so I predict Ukraine to win next year.

UK to come last place. Maybe with another 0 points. No doubt we'll enter a big boring ballad that doesn't go anywhere. So a bit like our 2011 and 2012 entries then. :D
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Sweden ;)

I hope so! :p
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I stick with my 2012 prediction - Luxembourg :D
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hungary :)
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predicted Austria in the guess thread last year!

My bet's on... Serbia.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im going with Malta - their NF was my favourite bar Latvia, no idea why they tanked last night
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Turkey!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Im going with Malta - their NF was my favourite bar Latvia, no idea why they tanked last night

Once Malta has hosted JESC in November, I think they'll get a taste for it, so I agree with Anne. I think it could be Valletta 2016!

I'd love a country who hasn't won before to win.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United Kingdom. :)
  • Suzy07Suzy07 Posts: 2,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland - has to happen eventually surely?
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Portugal - Catarina Pereira will finally get her moment to shine! :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long can the UK viewer put up with the contest without a win though? The trailer suggested this year we were in with a shout, yet again, despite a valiant BBC effort, we ended up 9th from bottom. I think in reality, the UK's days of entering are numbered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    How long can the UK viewer put up with the contest without a win though? The trailer suggested this year we were in with a shout, yet again, despite a valiant BBC effort, we ended up 9th from bottom. I think in reality, the UK's days of entering are numbered.

Austria waited 48 years :D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Austria waited 48 years :D

Austria haven't entered every year though.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there will be any returns unfortunately. I thought Serbia and Croatia might return but Montenegro and Slovenia both flopped in the final.

The winner...I'm going for....Poland!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Austria haven't entered every year though.

Fair point. They waited 37 years, then. France have waited 36 years (37 if you include the year they didn't compete in '82).
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would the uk pull out?

What other bbc show got 8 million viewers this year?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    The Netherlands
    9-2-1 seems like a nice chartrun don't you think?
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    It'll probably go back to Eastern Europe. It's bound to happen sooner rather than later so I predict Ukraine to win next year.

UK to come last place. Maybe with another 0 points. No doubt we'll enter a big boring ballad that doesn't go anywhere. So a bit like our 2011 and 2012 entries then. :D
    This makes me laugh, for one in 2011 the United Kingdom sent Blue, which were totally not a boring ballad that doesn't go anywhere.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I don't think there will be any returns unfortunately. I thought Serbia and Croatia might return but Montenegro and Slovenia both flopped in the final.

The winner...I'm going for....Poland!
    I think Cyprus will return through because it was more money than results for them and I also think Slovakia may return and hopefully Luxembourg can be persuaded
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greece!! :)
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect Serbia and Bosnia & Herzegovina to be back. Depending on finances I'll add Croatia, Cyprus and possibly Slovakia. Maybe the Czech Republic will return, although I'm about as certain as I was for Italy after Germany won in 2010 (mildly, but leaning more towards not). Andorra and Monaco are in a similar position for me, although I'm a bit more doubtful about Luxembourg.

As for who could win, I'm opting for the Netherlands.