How did they not get through? It's a FARCE

An absolute farce that Light Balance. Incredible to believe, they were fantastic and I can't even comprehend the fact they didn't achieve a status of being in the final. This is not fair.

A FARCE

Comments

• Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite act of the series so far, not through. Gutted. Didn't vote like, but they were so original compared to all 3 of these in the top 3.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please, their performance was bollox in comparison to the audition.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think Amanda might be right about NI voting
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I didnt think it was quite that fantasti, but definitely entertaining and better than alot of the rubbish weve seen this week
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Phenox wrote: »
    An absolute farce that Light Balance. Incredible to believe, they were fantastic and I can't even comprehend the fact they didn't achieve a status of being in the final. This is not fair.
    A FARCE

Fantastic? They were good, nothing more.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought light balance were a bit meh, the light effects are good but that is just technology not talent, the dancing was average, especially the lead dancer who is nothing special, there have been much better dance groups in bgt. as for describing it as a farce, not really, voters preferred other acts as did i, that is how a public vote works in case you didn't know...
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A FARCE

They should have gone through instead of bars and melody, the Irish dance group were my favourite act along with light balance. I just don't get bars and melody at all, what is the appeal:confused:
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    think Amanda might be right about NI voting

The cynic in me thinks that is why they were on at the beginning and not near the end;-), those pimp spots went to Cowells chosen two....he would not want anything stopping that., all his faves to go through go near the end it is obvious.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I did think Light Balance would be in the top 3 I think three reasons why they weren't

1. It pre programed lights during the act they are not actually doing that much just waiting for lights to flick in special suits most people could do that.

2. NI got behind the irish dance group pushing them out the top 3.

3. I think maybe people are gradually starting to repel foreign acts we already have two foreign acts in the final magician and French trio I don't think the public could stomach a third.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought light balance were a bit meh, the light effects are good but that is just technology not talent, the dancing was average, especially the lead dancer who is nothing special, there have been much better dance groups in bgt. as for describing it as a farce, not really, voters preferred other acts as did i, that is how a public vote works in case you didn't know...

missed your post totally agree with you
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    J05h wrote: »
    While I did think Light Balance would be in the top 3 I think three reasons why they weren't

1. It pre programed lights during the act they are not actually doing that much just waiting for lights to flick in special suits most people could do that.

2. NI got behind the irish dance group pushing them out the top 3.

3. I think maybe people are gradually starting to repel foreign acts we already have two foreign acts in the final magician and French trio I don't think the public could stomach a third.

yes there isnt really anything compelling about them. i see people program christmas lights like this it isnt much more than that
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    yes there isnt really anything compelling about them. i see people program christmas lights like this it isnt much more than that

But visually it's good. Like magicians.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on. Cartel were better dancers. I think we are fed up of non british BGT - although that doesnt account for Los Trios Conchitas last night.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a fine light showcase. The Blackpool Illuminations wouldn't be thought of as an act either though.
    Still would rather they be through than the 2 chosen lads though.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    It was a fine light showcase. The Blackpool Illuminations wouldn't be thought of as an act either though.
    Still would rather they be through than the 2 chosen lads though.
    Agreed. They were not creative enough. I found it boring.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nothing special. The dancing was very mediocre.
  • VegetaVegeta Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit suprised to see all those people raving about them on this forum. They were just average dancers with lights stuck on them. It was only technology that made them look good. Its not even original, its been done elsewhere before

The public got it right this time
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were in my opinion a better version of something you see at holiday camps and stuff. Same with the fire people - though the ones i saw in Egypt had the danger factor
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bars and melody are atrocious.
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 46,944
    Forum Member

A FARCE

As much as I wanted them too, I wasn't sure if they'd go through to the final, but I was certain that they'd be in the top three.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    You have the people of NI to thank for that.
  • EmolgaEmolga Posts: 46,944
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    The dancing was very mediocre.

I'd agree that there are better dancers in the competition, but there are also FAR better singers too, yet the majority of the voting public voted for BAM.

:confused:
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldnt have a foreign group being in the final and possibly with a chance of winning,The Daily mail would self destruct!

But they deserved a place ,they were in the definition of "talent show".
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Agreed. They were not creative enough. I found it boring.

And Irish dancers were...? :o
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sad they didn't make it to the Top 3. I knew Bars and Melody would inevitably go through (surprised they made it to America). My personal favourites were Lettice and Light Balance though.