Transfering app's between Android devices?

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the phones section, but anyway...

Anybody know whether it's possible to transfer a paid app' between more than one Android device?

My missus has a Samsung Galaxy phone and she bought quite a few app's for it but then decided it was a bit fiddly to use them on a phone but she's just bought an Android tablet and I was wondering if it's possible to uninstall them from the phone and then install them on the tablet instead?

I really haven't paid much attention to how the Android Market works or what's involved.

I assume it must be possible though or people would be getting a bit upset when they found they couldn't install all their paid app's on a new phone etc.

Comments

• pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once you've bought an app from the Play Store, it's yours to install on as many devices as you like. You don't even need to uninstall them from the phone - have them on everything if you want.

The only exception will be if the specific app in question is not compatible with tablets, but for the most part you/she should be fine.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep you can buy the app once and install it on as many devices as you like, as long they are all using the same Google account.

Easiest way is to open Play Store from the tablet, press the icon in the top right which has an arrow pointing down - this will take you to "My apps". Then go to the "All" tab and every app you've ever installed (on any device) will be shown, paid or otherwise. (Thankfully you can remove apps from this list if they were rubbish or you never want to use them again)