Have you ever encountered any rude celebs?

Comments

• Masie_daisyMasie_daisy Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Met quite a few Celebs and found the more famous they are the nicer. Girls aloud, rude arrogant, full of themselves, ditto Will Young, Victoria Beckham and various BB Contestants.

Nicest ever Johnny Depp, also met Russell brand and Noel Gallagher both top fellas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Met Johnny in a restaurant in NY last November. He was sitting beside our table with a large group of young trendy sorts! As we were leaving I tipped him on the shoulder to say hello and he was SO nice. Asked where we were from and chatted to us for a good 5/10 mins - really friendly and absolutely drop dead gorgeous in the flesh *sigh*
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told my hubbie about this thread, and he reminded me that he met good old Patrick Moore a few years ago, and was v impressed by how incredibly friendly and chatty he was; he really liked him. He also met Ian McKellan and he was great, too; my husband met him through work, and a picture was being taken of the two of them with a couple of other people. Ian McKellan pushed my OH to the front, saying it wasn't fair for him to be at the front when people were always taking photos of him!

I don't know if Paul Moriarty counts as a celebrity as most people probably don't know who he is these days, but he used to be George Palmer (a boyfriend of Peggy's) on EastEnders. He lives near me, and as he's the only person approaching a celebrity in our little town, is always brought out to open things like charity shops. He has a reputation for being very sweet but very shy, and I can vouch for this; I met him at a shop opening once, and he walked down the street looking positively scared - I felt he was more pleased to talk to me than I was to talk to him, rather than stand there on his own. He couldn't have been more charming.
  • BallroomBearBallroomBear Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Walter Koenig was rude to me at the first celeb signing event I ever went to, but he's known for his off days and was quite pleasant to me on another occasion when I met him again.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    dacefan wrote: »
    Met quite a few Celebs and found the more famous they are the nicer. Girls aloud, rude arrogant, full of themselves, ditto Will Young, Victoria Beckham and various BB Contestants.

Nicest ever Johnny Depp, also met Russell brand and Noel Gallagher both top fellas.

I'm so glad to hear that because I'm not interested in meeting most celebrities, but he is one I would like to meet.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evieb wrote: »
    My friend works at a hotel in London. It's her job to look after 'VIP's when they are there.
    She has hundreds of stories, but the ones that she says always stand out in her mind are Mariah Carey for changing rooms many times as none were good enough and not speaking apart from to complain.

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me! As much as I love Ms Carey,... I've always thought she was the 'up my own backside' type!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I've met and spoken to quite a few celebs: top of my rude list is Brendan Cole from Strictly Come Dancing. So arrogant and up himself. Also Carol Vorderman was a bit frosty but I've heard good things about her so she may have been having an off day. Also Leezo from Newsround was very rude!

For anyone who lives in Yorkshire - Christa Ackroyd who presents Look North is a total cow! she's a right diva, so I've heard.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trumpet101 wrote: »
    I've met and spoken to quite a few celebs: top of my rude list is Brendan Cole from Strictly Come Dancing. So arrogant and up himself. Also Carol Vorderman was a bit frosty but I've heard good things about her so she may have been having an off day. Also Leezo from Newsround was very rude!

For anyone who lives in Yorkshire - Christa Ackroyd who presents Look North is a total cow! she's a right diva, so I've heard.

I've heard that, too.
    Was at an awards ceremony in 2000.
    She used to present 'Calendar' with Mike Morris (former morning telly [TVAM]and sports presenter).
    Mike remembered me from a past encounter (8 years before- bless him) and gave me a hug and a kiss. (He comes across as a thoroughly likeable person).
    She leaned over for a kiss, too, but I missed the signal and accidentally blanked her!:o
    I only knew because my mum told me afterwards.
    She seemed really lovely, there, so I've no complaints, but I've heard other stuff about her on the 'Do You Know Who I am?' scale.

Lots of the Emmerdale cast were at the same event and seemed nice, especially Chris Chittell (Eric Pollard), who made a special effort to go round everyone and chat. He does tons for charity. Mark Charnock (Marlon Dingle) and Steve Halliwell (Zak Dingle) were there and seemed fine. Gabby Logan (then Yorath), Nell Mc Andrew, and Gaynor Faye were also at the event, but they didn't mingle like the Emmerdale crowd and tended to hang round their own families and friends. Kazia Pelka (formerly in Heartbeat) spoke there, too, and seemed really lovely.
  • deeemgeedeeemgee Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny Briggs has a holiday home in my home town and they went to eat in my friends pub. Someone went to ask him for his autograph, but didn't know his real name so called him Mike. His wife turned round and said, quite abruptly "No you cant. And his name is JOHNNY"

In fairness I would be a bit peeved too if I couldn't eat a meal in a pub whilst on holiday without being pestered for an autograph, when someone couldn't even be bothered to call me by my own name.

The person that asked for the autograph is the rude one in the situation you describe, in my view.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Depp won some poll for being the nicest celebrity, last year. Apparently, he is always happy to sign autographs, pose for photographs with his fans, and chat with fans, so I am not surprised that those of you lucky enough to meet him said how nice he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just spent ALL evening reading this thread and OMG!! What an eye-opener :eek:
    I've met The Stranglers way back in 1977 and a really decent bunch they are. Also met Freddie Starr and he's a top bloke. Spent the time bantering about football and his team, Everton. I've passed more celebs in the street than I've actually spoken to because I just figure they also deserve a bit of privacy, and, to be fair, they are just normal people who do a job. I don't pester my postman for his autograph, so why pester celebs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    i have met carly form east enders what a miserable cow also sue pollard very funny and liitle eccentric also claire sweeney very sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    i met blond judge david somebody can't remember his last name he seemed a bit a strange but ok
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I've just spent ALL evening reading this thread and OMG!! What an eye-opener :eek:
    I've met The Stranglers way back in 1977 and a really decent bunch they are.
    I met them back then too & thought they were all tossers apart from Dave Greenslade, who was lovely. Jet Black was particularly unpleasant. If JJ Burnel was made of chocolate he'd eat himself. Cornwell was just a general tosser.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I met them back then too & thought they were all tossers apart from Dave Greenslade, who was lovely. Jet Black was particularly unpleasant. If JJ Burnel was made of chocolate he'd eat himself. Cornwell was just a general tosser.

A fan ?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Timmy Mallett - met him years ago, he was a complete t****r and really up himself.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    Timmy Mallett - met him years ago, he was a complete t****r and really up himself.

During IACGMOOH I posted that I had seen Mr Mallett tell a young autograph hunter to "f_ck off" outside the Nat West Bank in Camden Town (about 10 years ago now - but it's always stuck in my mind as it was so offensive.)

On the subject of nice/nasty celebs, I live down the road from Richard & Judy. In the years they have lived there I have NEVER seen Judy, but Richard is always out and about. I can honestly say that he is actually a very nice man (if a little smarmy) and no-one locally has a bad word to say about him. Jonathan Ross lives on the other side of the Hampstead Heath extension and sometimes goes out there with the dogs & kids and is seen out and about in local shops. He seems OK too (but there are a few complaints about his cars & parties.)
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Petula Clark at Heathrow twice, and both times she was lovely, and made time for peoples pictures, autographs etc.

Totally rude, though, was Rolf Harris, who wouldnt stop for anyone!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if all the celebrities mentioned in this thread that have been miserable gits, if their careers aren't as good as the ones who have been really pleasant? It makes you wonder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I know it's a big ask but please please could I have that PM? I need to know what it says!

• Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob Carolgees told a group of us to leave him alone when we met him at a hotel once. We'd literally only said hi to him as well! Hmph!
  • Jaded81Jaded81 Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all personally but first hand accounts from friends:

Justin Timberlake - very rude and stuck up. Ignored anyone not in his entourage.

Lilly Allen - a b***h to several people I know

Will Young - Refused autographs and pictures but was still polite

Michael Jackson - Very very nice

Alistair Magowan - Top bloke

Beyonce Knowles - Very friendly and professional

Johnny Vegas - Will have a drink and a chat with pretty much anyone

Bob Geldof - Ignores everyone

Jennifer Saunders - horrid, but Ade Edmondson is very friendly (I once knew one of their neighbours)

Adam Buxton (from Adam & Joe) - Very friendly

Ant & Dec - exactly the same as they are on screen

Leigh Francis - Lovely

Kevin Spacey - Friendly

Peaches Geldof - Stuck up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've never spoken to any of the celebrities we've seen, so I have no idea if they're nice or not.

Though we passed Mohammed Al Fayed once and he smiled and said hello to us, when he could have just ignored us.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy Bragg is an absolutely lovely man. My friend and I met him once, and he was very friendly, very chatty. Great guy.

Met Joe Elliott out of Def Leppard - he's a complete t**t.

Also met Ian Kelsey, from Emmerdale and Holby (or Casualty - not sure which). He was very nice, although seemed quite shy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Ok here we go been lucky to meet quite a lot of celebs and this is who I can remember tonight.

Sean Connery to me was lovely, met him at Wimbledon, asked for his autograph and he signed it with pleasure while his miserable bitch of a wife shouted at him to hurry up, if he is ever moody it is probably because he is married to that sour faced cow.

Bette Davis a real legend met her at a book signing and outside the Grosvenor House hotel, on her last visit to the UK she was so ill she could hardly stand, when I asked for her autograph outside the hotel, her secretary asked me to go away, Bette brushed her away and said 'I want to sign' she then remembered me the next day at the book store, what a true true leg.

Dawn French met her outside her show and she was so so sweet and chatty as was Alison Steadman at the same show.

Victoria Wood met her three times, she is very shy and bordering on a brusque manner not at all how she seems on stage.

Julie walters however is wonderful have met her twice now each time she is exactly how she seems on tv very warm and friendly.

Kate Bush - met her twice at the launch of the Whole Story album and at a charity event - called Shop Assistance in Convent Garden, quite shy very polite and totally nutty and abstract.

Michelle Collins met her just as she was getting famous, loved her to bits she wanted to me and my friend to go clubbing with her but we had to catch the train back home lol

Sue Barker total rude bitch asked for her autograph totally snubbed me, I told her to stuff it and it wasn't exactly like she had won anything, Martina Navratilova on the other hand, a real champion, met her twice and she is a real sweetheart.

Neil Morrissey a really nice friendly bloke.

Ricky Tomlinson, met him and all the cast on the set of Playing the Field he was so nice, cracking jokes taking photos with us and like a nice grandad. Went for a drink with Melanie Hill and she spent the time slagging off Sean Bean saying what a crap husband he had been.

Tom Selleck seemed very nice and unassuming.

Melissa Etheridge who I am sure non of you have heard of but is a big star in the US and my favourite singer, met her many many times and she is just so normal iit s untrue, not like a rock star at all, having been ill I think she has become a more rounded person.

I haven't met Robbie Williams but a good friend of mine went to school with him, then went to a charity golf gig he did on Sky One with Ant and Dec, he behaved like a total tit and pretended not to know them, until they told him what a w''ker he was and to remember where he came from, he came over later and at least apologised.

Judi Dench one of the rudest people I have every met asked her for her autograph after a theatre show, there was nobody else there but me and my partner she just blanked me and walked past, her now dead husband Michael Williams the actor, though was a sweetie, apologised for her and gave us his autograph.

Ned Sherrin an old theatre critic a good guy in the bar of a theatre one day asked for my opinions of a play for his review then bought me a drink.

Hazel O Connor very approachable and chatty.

Prunella Scales very rude wouldn't sign my autograph unless I promised it was not going on ebay - yeah like that would fetch a fortune.

Kim Wilde met her at a nursery in Lichfield of all places where she was doing a signing totally disinterested just wanted to get home.

Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane truly wonderful, met her at one of her art exhibitions in Las Vegas she spoke to my partner for nearly an hour about Janis Joplin who is her favorite singer, again the bigger the star the nicer they seem.

Arnold Schwarznegger met him at Borders books in Las Vegas at a book signing he was only signing his body building book which was really expensive, so not many people were getting autographs, he is really a big guy in person and what a handshake he seemed happy to meet people and at that time had not become Republican Governor, so maybe was starting his campaign.

Elvis Costello he walked past me at a Bette Midler show in Vegas, I shook his hand and told him I loved his music he has a big smile and seemed genuinely sweet.

Jay Leno met him a few times very nice he has a Scottish parent and is proud of his British roots.

Jim Davidson total prat saw him at a charity football match in the bar behaving like a total knob and thinking all the women fancied him.

Kd Lang rude horrible and obnoxious and refuses to sign autographs a totallly vile creature.

Harry Enfield a prize prat met him at shop assistance and he was rude to my friend who wasn't even that bothered about him, implying that he was desperate for his autograph.

Ruby Wax and egotist, met her twice each time she seems very surly and thinks everyone is focussed on her.

Leslie Philips an old sweetie bless him.

Kenneth Moore one of the nicest men I have every met I was only a little girl at the time he kissed my hand told me his wife had the same name as me and that I was just as sweet ahh I liked him

Henry Cooper - really upset me as a child he was at our local fete I asked for his autograph before he got to his autograph table he said no you have to pay and he made me cry.

Was on a planc with the woman who wrote Mama Mia she was going to oversee it being put on in Vegas she was absolutely sound, dragged me and my partner through the queue at to get on the plane saying 'come on darling we are first class boot them out of the way' but she was doing it with humour.

Manic Street Preachers after Richies disappearance had a drink with them in a Cardiff hotel they were very nice and surprisingly shy and understated.

Cynthia Payne the madam a real hoot and very rude as you would expect.

Paul O' Grady a genuinely nice man, signed lots of stuff for my nan who had terminal cancer at the time and seemed really upset a true gent and unlike Cilla what you see is what you get.

Britt Ekland met her in the toilets of Memorabilia where she was signing and I was exhibiting she looked at me and said 'God isn't this boring' lol

K.T. Tunstall, met her on the plane when both she and me were on the way to the Nobel Peace Prize Concert last year, she was very lovely, she told us how nervous she was about performing in front of Al Gore and that her parents were coning over to see her, a really nice woman unchanged by fame and fortune.

Sue Johnston met her at a book signing at Silvermoon Bookstore, the old feminist bookstore on Charing Cross Road, which is no more, she turned up tispsy and it seemed beneath her to sign she was rude and obnoxious a real let down.

Sandie Shaw horrible horrible, asked for her autograph and she looked at me as if I had just asked her to flash the Queen she signed so begrudgingly and made me feel like a stalker, I wish I had told her to stick it, but I was younger and mellower then.

Ann Mitchell who played Dolly in Widows wow a tv legend and she was great, really warm and friendly and scary in a good way she definitely was like her character.

Ben Elton horrible and rude, asked for his autograph and he signed but sneered too.

OK that is all I can remember for now but there are more, hope I haven't bored you and if that infamous pm is still going round would love it. XX