Sib69 wrote: »
    can someone tell me what the joke was?

i'm just curious

Me too....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and me, I can gather the gist of it from what people are saying though and it doesn't actually sound like a crack at Coeliacs at all...

I tried googling but there were hardly any results for some reason..
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    I've googled too and can't get anything (except the OP!)....If it's a joke about wheat intolerances (about 10 of my friends claim they have it after seeing some quack of a practitioner needing to make money) then I'm sure I will have been amused. The world has gone mad with everyone under the sun apparently having an intolerance to this or allergy to that.....
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where's the apology?
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    In my opinion sean lock is one of Englands best comedians.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alboy wrote: »
    For those of you who read my post yesterday regarding Sean Lock and his 'wheat intolerance joke' have realised that my post has been deleted.

It goes to prove that shocking poeple (and moderators) on this forum has resulted in censorship of my post. However, Lock has managed to shock many people on SP's Ball with no censorship. How can this be fair.

He obvoiusly has no care for people with incurable diseases. Making jokes about coeliac disease is as unfunny as making jokes about cancer or MS for example. This would have been censored without hesitation.

I am fairly broad minded, and can take most things, but draw the line at cheap jokes on medical subjects which people cannot help having.

Just search the web for articles regarding his coeliac joke, you will find I am not alone.

My daughter has this disease, and it is a very serious life threatening thing.

I hope he feels the need to make an apology.

:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    Threads and comments get deleted here all the time. Honestly, you don't need to take it personally, some people are just a bit trigger happy with the alert button.

You don't like Sean Lock's sense of humour. That's fine. It's absolutely your right. I can't stand stand Russell Brand, I thought his 'joke' about reporting a sighting of a rapist was horrific, but that just shows that his style of humour isn't for me. I'll keep myself away from it by choosing not to see his shows etc.

All comedy is subjective, if you don't like some of it just stay away from it. Don't give it the power to annoy you!

BTW - I'm lactose intolerent and have trouble with wheat :D
  • Options
    alboyalboy Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Just to prove a point, after I have written to C4, they have contacted me and invited me to 'The TV Show' to debate the issue. Obviously the content is directed at all 'offensive' comedians. They are extremely interested in my story, as I was one of a large number of complaints about this topic on SPB.
    The unfortunate thing is I cannot attend the recording at this short notice (1st Nov) but will be sending an email response to the producer.

Here's the link;

http://blogs.channel4.com/thetvshow/2008/10/28/coming-up-on-the-show/

So listen out...

Alan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the Russel Brand/Jonathan Ross incident will be discussed also.
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering whether this is about your daughter's intolerance or your ego.

I thought the joke was hilarious and I say that as someone who has quite a severe lactose intolerance.

It's strange nobody else has commented on the other fellow making light of epilepsy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the_phoo wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether this is about your daughter's intolerance or your ego.

Neither, some people can handle abuse like yourself, others it affects deeper, and I certainly am not persuing this to boost my ego
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total overreaction.:sleep: