Options

The Christmas TV Thread 2010

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reliably informed, the circle of houses fades into the concrete circle of BBC TV Centre, where, accompanied by the Benny Hill music, Mark Thompson, brandishing a rolling pin, is seen chasing George Dixon and Jay Hunt round and round.

:):):):):)
  • Options
    Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    The only 3 programmes I am looking forward to at Christmas Are:

Rock & Chips
    The Royle Family
    and Benidorm.

Also Wall-E, if they ever decide to show it .... :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Only_You wrote: »

Rock & Chips
    The Royle Family
    and Benidorm.

Wall-E is featured in the "Christmas" films trailer so it will be on, expect it New Year's Day or the New Year Bank Holiday Monday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the reason for the beeb's mucked up schedule is because they didn't want any repeats in prime time. (claires_dad pointed out)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the NYD - 7th Jan listings be released?
  • Options
    PBarlowFan123PBarlowFan123 Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rock & Chips
    The Royle Family
    and Benidorm.

Great minds think alike, (except I am excited for the soaps also)
  • Options
    shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the first episode of rock and chips repeated at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Is the first episode of rock and chips repeated at all?

I thought it would make sense to repeat the first episode, even in a 22:35 slot after the news a week or two before the second episode. But all I have seen of the line up for the Christmas week is what people have posted here, so until I get the Christmas TV mag, I have no idea! But I think they should have :)
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reliably informed, the circle of houses fades into the concrete circle of BBC TV Centre, where, accompanied by the Benny Hill music, Mark Thompson, brandishing a rolling pin, is seen chasing George Dixon and Jay Hunt round and round. ;)

:D

Nice one!
    Maybe the reason for the beeb's mucked up schedule is because they didn't want any repeats in prime time. (claires_dad pointed out)

But when do they ever have repeats in primetime from Christmas Eve-Boxing Day?
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it would make sense to repeat the first episode, even in a 22:35 slot after the news a week or two before the second episode. But all I have seen of the line up for the Christmas week is what people have posted here, so until I get the Christmas TV mag, I have no idea! But I think they should have :)

If we all pointed out just one illogical scheduling decision in the BBC festive schedule this would become a very long thread!

You'd also think they would have used the extended break to repeat the 3 Indiana Jones films, if only during the afternoons, before the 4th one premieres on NYD...

...or on New Year Sunday after a Countryfile compilation if George D is drawing it up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If we all pointed out just one illogical scheduling decision in the BBC festive schedule this would become a very long thread!

You'd also think they would have used the extended break to repeat the 3 Indiana Jones films, if only during the afternoons, before the 4th one premieres on NYD...

...or on New Year Sunday after a Countryfile compilation if George D is drawing it up!

Haha yeah, you are right! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Beeb and ITV have some good shows and films on this year..I think Boxing Day on BBC1 is a little bit uninspiring but I suppose you can't have everything.

Are BBC2 having a new Christmas ident this year, does anyone know?

Id like to see ITV have a new ident too, but I don't see that happening this year, I hope I will be surprised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    CheekyTV wrote: »
    I think the Beeb and ITV have some good shows and films on this year..I think Boxing Day on BBC1 is a little bit uninspiring but I suppose you can't have everything.

Are BBC2 having a new Christmas ident this year, does anyone know?
    Id like to see ITV have a new ident too, but I don't see that happening this year, I hope I will be surprised.

BBC Two: Probably not, they may stick with the same Christmas ident for years until the next rebrand. Then again they could surprise us with the new one, when pigs fly :(.

ITV1: They will probably keep to the same ident they had in previous years (albeit with the updated ITV1 logo).
  • Options
    Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My quick thoughts on Christmas TV this year....

Dissapointed that BBC1 are showing an animated CGI feature length movie(Shrek The Third) as the BIG Christmas movie yet again this year. Why can't they show a live action film for a change this year? itv1 at the same time are showing The Grinch which actually isn't an animated film, which I've not seen yet so might actually watch that rather than put a film on DVD. BBC1's Christmas Day line-up is very much the same old thing really - animated movies, Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, Eastenders, The Royle Family. I also think they could have shown a better film at 10:50pm than Starsky and Hutch, and it should be a terrestrial premiere too. Good to see Top of the Pops on at 2pm, but dissapointed that it's hosted by Reggie Yeates and Fearne Cotton yet again - how about some different presenters each year?

I've noticed Boxing Day on itv seems to be somewhat better than last year. With films for all the family throughout the day and up till 8:30pm including two terrestrial premieres. This sort of line-up is a bit more like the old Boxing Day itv schedules from years ago. Whereas last years schedule was quite poor. I can't seem to find it on here, but I remember they had things like a repeat of The Susan Boyle Story,a repeat of Rosemary and Thyne, etc. So this year's line-up is an improvement.

Thankfully itv are also not showing the attrocious All Star Mr & Mrs this year too.

Dissapointed that on some of the other days itv are showing factual type shows like River Monsters, Tonight, and Lion Country in the slots opposite Eastenders on BBC1. They could have shown better shows than this, especially during the Christmas New Year period.

And in the week leading up to Christmas in the weekday daytimes(when the kids have broken up from school, and some adults would have broken up for an extended Christmas break from work) itv are showing a normal weekday schedule full of womens programmes like Jeremy Kyle, This Morning, Loose Women, etc. In this week especially they could do better than that, scrap the normal programmes for this week and show some films and other stuff suitable for the kids to watch and all the family. Like they used to years ago.

Overall though, I would say itv's Christmas/New Year period schedules are an improvement over last years. And overall, across the five terrestrial channels I do think there is a bit of an improvement over last year's line-up.

The Christmas 2009 line-up(especially on itv) was the worst ever in my opinion. Hopefully we won't get Christmas schedules as bad as that again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My quick thoughts on Christmas TV this year....

I've noticed Boxing Day on itv seems to be somewhat better than last year. With films for all the family throughout the day and up till 8:30pm including two terrestrial premieres. This sort of line-up is a bit more like the old Boxing Day itv schedules from years ago. Whereas last years schedule was quite poor. I can't seem to find it on here, but I remember they had things like a repeat of The Susan Boyle Story,a repeat of Rosemary and Thyne, etc. So this year's line-up is an improvement.

Thankfully itv are also not showing the attrocious All Star Mr & Mrs this year too.

ITV Boxing Day 2009

9:25am Christmas Cooks Challenge (Repeat)
    10:25am All Star Mr & Mrs Christmas Special (Repeat)
    11:25am I Dreamed a Dream : The Susan Boyle Story (Repeat)
    12:25pm ITV News/Weather
    12:40pm Film : Racing Stripes (2004)
    2:30pm Goodnight Mr Tom (Repeat)
    4:40pm Film : March of the Penguins (2005) Première
    6:15pm ITV News/Weather
    6:30pm Harry Hills TV Burp Review of the Year
    7:00pm You've Been Framed at Christmas !
    7:30pm Ant & Dec's Christmas Show
    8:45pm All Star Family Fortunes with Vernon Kay
    9:30pm The All Star Impressions Show
    10:30pm ITV News/Weather
    10:45pm Above Suspicion
    12:40am Film : The Graduate (1967)
    2.25am Six Degrees
    3.10am ITV Nightscreen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    They were clearly listening to my suggestion earlier on in the thread :p

Top Gear Christmas special!

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/12/03/top-gear-over-christmas-more-details/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Boxing Day 2009

9:25am Christmas Cooks Challenge (Repeat)
    10:25am All Star Mr & Mrs Christmas Special (Repeat)
    11:25am I Dreamed a Dream : The Susan Boyle Story (Repeat)
    12:25pm ITV News/Weather
    12:40pm Film : Racing Stripes (2004)
    2:30pm Goodnight Mr Tom (Repeat)
    4:40pm Film : March of the Penguins (2005) Première
    6:15pm ITV News/Weather
    6:30pm Harry Hills TV Burp Review of the Year
    7:00pm You've Been Framed at Christmas !
    7:30pm Ant & Dec's Christmas Show
    8:45pm All Star Family Fortunes with Vernon Kay
    9:30pm The All Star Impressions Show
    10:30pm ITV News/Weather
    10:45pm Above Suspicion
    12:40am Film : The Graduate (1967)
    2.25am Six Degrees
    3.10am ITV Nightscreen

March of the Penguins is not a premiere. It was on last year on ITV1.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Read the date at the start of Claires_dad post.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That is the 2009 Boxing Day schedule that I posted in reply to someone who said they couldn't find it anywhere!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is the 2009 Boxing Day schedule that I posted in reply to someone who said they couldn't find it anywhere!
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Read the date at the start of Claires_dad post.

:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still not managed to get hold of a Christmas TV Mag! I'm not even fussed what one! :D
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not managed to get hold of a Christmas TV Mag! I'm not even fussed what one! :D
    Any luck today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any luck today?

Yes!!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!! :cool: :D