New shocking child abuse Irish ad

2»

Comments

• Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Erm, there's a BIG difference between beating a child and just giving them a simple slap (not on the face though). Slapping your child does not show that you're mentally incapable of looking after them at all.

Yes, it does.

If you need to resort to beating your child for discipline, you're not only unfit to be a parent, you're teaching the next generation that it's fine for them to beat up your grandchildren too.

Unless you think a husband should also beat his wife when she does something against your wishes and needs to be disciplined? You have to do some pretty spectacular metal gymnastics to defend one and not both.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Erm, there's a BIG difference between beating a child and just giving them a simple slap (not on the face though). Slapping your child does not show that you're mentally incapable of looking after them at all.

You think it's perfectly acceptable to give a child a simple slap!!?? My God, why? I could never lay a finger on my daughter, but then I have no need to. For a grown up to hit a child is cowardly and shows they quickly resort to violence. There is no excuse for hitting any child.