The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for posting links here. I can't watch everything during the day, cause I've got classes, so it's great to find everything here :)

Second, I've just watched What's Your Number video. I was a little disappointed. :( I don't know why, I guess they spoiled me with all the fantastic vids, and this one is just not doing it for me. They don't seem very enthusiastic, there's no "story". It's good, but not great.

I like this music video better than Happens in the Dark - for some reason I enjoyed the behind the scenes one of that more. Not sure why but it's properly something similar in that it appeared to have no story.

Still for a couple of lads working and filming on their own they do pretty darn well. It will be interesting to see how - and if - they can develop their video making skills. They're limited by budget, not having access to special effects and just being the two of thempresumably, but other than that their imagination can do wonders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I like this music video better than Happens in the Dark - for some reason I enjoyed the behind the scenes one of that more. Not sure why but it's properly something similar in that it appeared to have no story.

Still for a couple of lads working and filming on their own they do pretty darn well. It will be interesting to see how - and if - they can develop their video making skills. They're limited by budget, not having access to special effects and just being the two of thempresumably, but other than that their imagination can do wonders.

I agree with the last part, I can only imagine how much imagination and work it takes to make a video.
    I liked HITD better than this one. Can't really explain why, it's not that I liked that song better so I enjoyed it more cause of it, something is just missing for me in the WYN video, and I can't put my finger on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Thanks for those links.

The radio interview from yesterday worked much better as a video - you could see the boy's cheeky laughing faces and the DJ appeared to like them.
    I agree, after seeing the video I feel less angry about the interview, the twins seemed relaxed and having fun, and the hosts said goodbye to them, but they were cut on air.

Seems the twins have been partying with Ronan Keating and Red Foo tonight :D I can't understand how they can live with so little sleep.

I think What's your number? is a bit more simple than the previous videos. I enjoyed it, but it's not my fave. They edited this one quite quickly too, but after seeing what they did with Young Love video, I'm not surprised anymore
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, after seeing the video I feel less angry about the interview, the twins seemed relaxed and having fun, and the hosts said goodbye to them, but they were cut on air.

Seems the twins have been partying with Ronan Keating and Red Foo tonight :D I can't understand how they can live with so little sleep.

I think What's your number? is a bit more simple than the previous videos. I enjoyed it, but it's not my fave. They edited this one quite quickly too, but after seeing what they did with Young Love video, I'm not surprised anymore

Watching the Kyle - Jackie interview, I thought they were fine.....they were laughing throughout and seemed to be really enjoying themselves.

The only criticism I'd make of the What's Your Number video is that it gets a bit repetitive and static for the last two minutes (the opening minute in front of the fairground is great).
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was a fun read from an Aussie fan http://frangipaniprincess.com/2013/04/24/jedward-a-fangirl-post/

I think the 2nd Kyle and jackie O video reveals who is really in charge on Planet Jedward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twins are finally home, there are some videos of them at the airport with fans. Spite of the long flight they look good, even though they're probably exhausted.

3 weeks left for Eurovision, I guess we'll see soon if they have something planned for it. It's interesting the recent connection with MTV Sweden
    River_Tam wrote: »
    I think the 2nd Kyle and jackie O video reveals who is really in charge on Planet Jedward.
    Was there any doubt? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was there any doubt? :D

Not in my mind there wasn't
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they gone to America?

A non-fan tweeted yesterday: "only until after the plain arrives in america do i realise that jedward were only two seats behind me :L" but he didn't say exactly what date he was talking about.

Is there any other evidence yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Have they gone to America?

A non-fan tweeted yesterday: "only until after the plain arrives in america do i realise that jedward were only two seats behind me :L" but he didn't say exactly what date he was talking about.

Is there any other evidence yet?

Just that some Janoskians fans saw them in Dublin Airport hours earlier. What we don't know if it is 100% true and if they're there, if they're in NY or in LA

Let's not forget that they had to cancel the Melbourne part of their Australian trip when they already had some interviews planned there. Whatever it is, it cannot wait and seems important.
    Some things that pop into my mind: music label meetings, some other kind of professional meetings, any interview, a collaboration with another artist... What seems clear is that they've not cancelled some promo efforts in the other side of the world for shopping :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tara has tweeted that the twins are in LA: https://twitter.com/TaraReid/status/328618517333168128

And in case there's any doubt, you can see them reflected in her sunglasses (which probably isn't an accident!)

All these trips to LA are making be believe there really is something big and exciting in the offing for them :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    All these trips to LA are making be believe there really is something big and exciting in the offing for them :)
    Australian fans say that Susanna told them that the twins weren't going to visit Melbourne this time because they had "another commitment".

Whatever it is, it's something that couldn't wait and it's in L.A... I'd say it's pretty exciting.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited I can hardly breathe! They would not have spent so short a time in Oz and postponed Melbourne for anything smal, imo! :cool:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    I'm so excited I can hardly breathe! They would not have spent so short a time in Oz and postponed Melbourne for anything smal, imo! :cool:

I was wondering why they were racing back to Dublin when they appeared to have no engagements here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »

That's a very popular article, it's been published all over the place and they have even talked about it on Radio 4 apparently! I wonder what the mean by "the face should be drawn Jedward style"? John's open mouth expression maybe?

Edit: Here it is :D
    http://instagram.com/p/YuDx6SsSbG/

Does anyone have a link for Jedward on the Loop? The ones JedwardGenius posted don't seem to work any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the "Jedward glove" audio form the BBC today show http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22351726

They were wondering why the Jedward one was more popular than the Mohawk - they should have had Louis there to explain "kids love them" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to post again, but here is the video of Jedward on the Loop (thanks to JedJiggle):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtSPPUPZ9Wo&feature=youtu.be
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »

It's so cool! I was wondering if it was just a visit to Tara, but no - there's also something big that's lured them to LA!

A couple of days ago comedian Stephen Glickman tweeted that he and a friend had bumped into the Jeds and Tara at a convenience store. Glickman plays the manager character on the Big Time Rush TV show, and today the Jeds tweeted him saying it was "so cool and Jepic on set". So, did Glickman get them a behind-the-scenes tour of the set? Or did the Jeds have a more formal reason for visiting? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of days ago comedian Stephen Glickman tweeted that he and a friend had bumped into the Jeds and Tara at a convenience store. Glickman plays the manager character on the Big Time Rush TV show, and today the Jeds tweeted him saying it was "so cool and Jepic on set". So, did Glickman get them a behind-the-scenes tour of the set? Or did the Jeds have a more formal reason for visiting? :D
    That would be great, wouldn't it? :cool:

Thanks for the links dechecho!!!

The twins have finally made 2 playlists that will help us to promote them:
    - Covers: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHMZTV2LcnZ7m2s-EDcTm3uEYz1yYvhOx
    - Music videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHMZTV2LcnZ6jHZYPc6ipGanYdfJXs6L0
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I see&understand this right? All the small things+Luminous are also music vids by J&E ? Or why there are some songs(Under Pressure/Bad Behaviour/W.O.W. ) missing ?
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    Do I see&understand this right? All the small things+Luminous are also music vids by J&E ? Or why there are some songs(Under Pressure/Bad Behaviour/W.O.W. ) missing ?

All The Small Things was directed by Andy Hui and Philip Clyde-Smith (though in the video, the Jeds pretend to direct it) and Luminous was directed by Alex Grazioli.

I assume they've included those two as I think they're both videos that the Jeds had a lot of creative input into making. There's a complete list on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedward_discography#Music_videos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the boys were co-directors on All The Small Things.

having chatted to taxi driver who played the policemen in Bad Behaviour video he was surprised and impressed by how much input the twins, one of them especially he wasn't sure which, had filming that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the twins had ideas for Luminous video, there is a video somewhere of Edward discussing elements and a spiritual idea of the video against some other version he seemed less keen on. but John saying they had no idea there was going to be a topless scene until they got there suggest they didn't get as much input as they actually wanted into Luminous video. maybe another reason they didn't want to sign with UMI again even if offer was on the table (which I suspect it was)

The question is was it a behind the scenes tour of BTR set or a guest spot. Seems new music video is being created on location. (or green screened - that will never not be funny). it seems they are serious about making a music video for every Young Love Track.

I think they should do music videos for their new songs so that they are available to drop when the time seems appropriate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A random fact. What's your number video has almost 400k views, 2520 likes and... ZERO dislikes :cool:
This discussion has been closed.