Do You Know Who Amy Is...Do You???

Comments

• Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Possibly 'I'm a silly a*rsehole'.

I've composed an entire list of anagrams.

I couldn't possibly post them though, I'd get banned lol

;):)
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I've composed an entire list of anagrams.

I couldn't possibly post them though, I'd get banned lol

;):)

'Tis fun, though. :)
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before this show I'd never hear of Amy, or David either (bit before my time), but it just so happens they're my two favourites, based on how they are in camp, it doesn't matter to me what anyone did before hand. I'd heard of Lucy, Mo, Matthew, Steve, but their behaviour isn't exactly likeable. I do like Matthew for entertainment value cause he stirs things up, but the others are just mean, and not funny mean, just mean mean.

You could be an A-Lister, if you go in there an act like a bitch, I'll call you a bitch.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is true though..
  • Options
    washboardwashboard Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who IS she/he? (Or, how did you react when you heard who was going on the show?)

Good thing Mo wasn't asking me that question! My answers would have been:

Laila Morse - Gary Oldman's sister. Apparently she played a grumpy old cow on one of the soaps. She was a bit of a grumpy old cow on Dancing on Ice (where I mainly learnt that she's Gary Oldman's sister). I wonder if she'll be able to abandon the stereotype on this reality show?

Steve Davis - played snooker, came across as a bit of a personality vacuum

David Emanuel - made Princess Diana's crumpled meringue, along with his ex-wife. Perhaps I should have called it a cursed meringue.

Matthew Wright - isn't he the guy who 'accidentally' said on live telly that [name] was the man 'unofficially' accused of rape?

Lucy Pargeter - is she/was she in some soap or other? I think I've seen her in a bikini in Heat magazine or something.

Rebecca Adlington - swimmer. Won Olympic medals.

Joey Essex? - who? Has he got something to do with that Essex show? How pathetic to define yourself as 'joey Essex' because that's the name of your show! (OK, so now I know it's - apparently - his real name :o)

Kian Egan - who?

Alfonso Ribeiro - who?

Amy Willerton - who?

Annabel Giles - who?

Vincent Simone - Vincent!! From Strictly!!!

In real life, I asked the 'Who?' question out loud a couple of times.

The answers I got were:

Kian - he's in one of those boy bands (comment: so not entirely famous in his own right)

Alfonso - he was in that Will Smith show (so not entirely famous in his own right)

Annabel - isn't she the one who was married to Midge Ure? (so not entirely famous in her own right).

I'm not even going to wonder if Mo knew that she was asking a question which could backfire....:D
  • Options
    boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really didn't like the fact that Amy was chosen. :D

Mo was nasty, rude and pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Before this show I'd never hear of Amy, or David either (bit before my time), but it just so happens they're my two favourites, based on how they are in camp, it doesn't matter to me what anyone did before hand. I'd heard of Lucy, Mo, Matthew, Steve, but their behaviour isn't exactly likeable. I do like Matthew for entertainment value cause he stirs things up, but the others are just mean, and not funny mean, just mean mean.

You could be an A-Lister, if you go in there an act like a bitch, I'll call you a bitch.

And, like you, now that I have seen a bit more of them, I find that I like David, don't dislike Amy or Joey or Kian, think Steve does have a personality, although it doesn't always appeal to me.

Vincent is Vincent - he annoys me and entertains me in equal measures, just as he does on Strictly.

The others either bore or irritate me, or I dislike them/ the way they are behaving
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dinosaurus wrote: »
    It wasn't her asking if people knew her that was rude, it was the pure clear fact that she believes Amy isn't "celebrity" enough to be in there! And why does she refer to herself as Mo and not her actual name??

Yep agree, it was incredibly clear that it was about Mo thinking Amy doesn't deserve to be there. There's a lot of resentment there that's stewing with a few of those girls about Amy as David has worked out.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinosaurus wrote: »
    It wasn't her asking if people knew her that was rude, it was the pure clear fact that she believes Amy isn't "celebrity" enough to be in there! And why does she refer to herself as Mo and not her actual name??

Mo ( short for Maureen) is her real name and is the name her family call her
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxer1988 wrote: »

And Amy made it quite clear she didn't like Mo Being chosen...yet that's alright
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    True enough, but by the same token, there are probably quite a few thousand people in various countries who watch beauty pageants (or whatever they're actually called) and who will have heard of Amy.

The contest that Amy was in( miss universe 2013) is said to have had over 1 billion viewers , in over 100 countries and she came 6th
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Amy made it quite clear she didn't like Mo Being chosen...yet that's alright

MO made it quite clear that she didn't like Mo being chosen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No she didn't say she didn't 'like' Mo being chosen she said that Mo herself had been saying all day that she wanted to go home, therefore why did they choose her? In fact when it was announced in camp even Lucy spoke up and said that Mo had been saying that all day too.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh yeah, of course she's going to want someone who's been picking on her, I'm sure we'd all be rooting for someone who tried to belittle us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is Mo has pretty much only been slagging Amy off behind her back so Amy is probably unaware Mo dislikes her so much.
  • Options
    shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from her imdb page

'Laila Morse' is a pseudonym originally suggested by her brother, Gary Oldman. It is an anagram of 'mia sorella' - the Italian for 'my sister'.

it also informs her real name is actually Maureen Laila Oldman
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When old leather-face went round the camp demanding "have you heard of her before ? have you ? have you ? ... how many of the people she was asking had she 'heard of before' either ?

Talk about being up yourself ... what did she do for the first 50 years of her life, until her famous kid brother used nepotism to change it ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fog wrote: »
    Thing is Mo has pretty much only been slagging Amy off behind her back so Amy is probably unaware Mo dislikes her so much.

Although Amy possibly has an idea that she doesn't like her. Mo doesn't strike me as the discreet type. And there was also the drying incident.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    When old leather-face went round the camp demanding "have you heard of her before ? have you ? have you ? ... how many of the people she was asking had she 'heard of before' either ?

Talk about being up yourself ... what did she do for the first 50 years of her life, until her famous kid brother used nepotism to change it ?

A driver of some sort and worked in the Bookies apparently!

She should go back, plenty of old nags at the bookies she'd be right at home.;)

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    Although Amy possibly has an idea that she doesn't like her. Mo doesn't strike me as the discreet type. And there was also the drying incident.

The point still stands though that Mo had been saying in camp all that day that she wanted to go. Lucy and Mo herself repeated it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fog wrote: »
    The point still stands though that Mo had been saying in camp all that day that she wanted to go. Lucy and Mo herself repeated it.

I'm not sure what point you're making. You said that Mo has been speaking behind Amy's back, so Amy is possibly unaware that Mo dislikes her. I said that she possibly does know.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    boxer1988 wrote: »

Yes this is what it was about. She couldn't believe that the public had voted for Amy as she hadn't heard of her and no one else seemingly but she has misunderstood the nature of shows like this. People are watching and get to know the people in there and like or dislike them.

The vote for Amy to be a saviour was clearly based on what we as viewers have got to know about the camp mates whilst they are in there and nothing about the outside.

Having said all that it was one of the funniest moments this series when she went from one to one asking them and I really liked Ant and Dec's piss take of it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I'm not sure what point you're making. You said that Mo has been speaking behind Amy's back, so Amy is possibly unaware that Mo dislikes her. I said that she possibly does know.

Sorry I wasn't saying you are wrong. I was just saying that regardless of whether she is aware that Mo dislikes her or not the reason why she said Mo wanted to go was simply because Mo actually had been saying all day that she wanted to go. As others in there too acknowledged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is what it was about. She couldn't believe that the public had voted for Amy as she hadn't heard of her and no one else seemingly but she has misunderstood the nature of shows like this. People are watching and get to know the people in there and like or dislike them.

The vote for Amy to be a saviour was clearly based on what we as viewers have got to know about the camp mates whilst they are in there and nothing about the outside.

Having said all that it was one of the funniest moments this series when she went from one to one asking them and I really liked Ant and Dec's piss take of it :D

Yep agree with all that.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a pretty nasty thing for Laila to say. Does it really matter? They've all been approached because ITV thought they'd make good tv, whether you know them or not. I don't watch Eastenders or Emmerdale, so don't know Laila or Lucy, I'd never heard of Alfonso and I don't watch Strictly so Vincent was off my radar too. But it doesn't matter because it's how they interact that's the interesting bit. Laila came across as really nasty and bitter, both of which are written right across her sour face.