Most Romantic Films and Scenes

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Peruasion.
    At the end when Anne takes the Captains arm.

Sigh.

The Daswood's when they realise that Edward is not married and he is fiddling with the ornaments on the mantlepiece.

Sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    North and South... that train station scene *sigh* :blush:
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't like the film 'Reds' but I do love the scene near the end where Diane Keaton and Warren Beatty finally meet again on the station platform.

She played this scene amazingly. It's the way that when she spots him, her main focus is getting to him and nothing else matters and she bumps into the other pedestrians as she goes with tears rolling down her face.

It's just a shame that the rest of the film is so bloody bleak.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the big sleep. bogey and bacall just gently flirt and smoulder. apparently nothing compared with what went on off camera .........
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of romantic films at all, particularly romantic films with nothing else going on apart from boy meets girl. I like it if it's something like Charade where you have the schmaltzy romantic stuff but then James Coburn and a hulking George Kennedy turn up with guns and start trying to throw people off the roof, but pure romance? Not for me.

For some reason though Before Sunrise really dragged me in. I only watched it because I had watched the Three Colours trilogy a few weeks earlier and had become smitten with Julie Delpy, so when I turned on the telly one night and saw her face all over it I thought I'd give it a go (the film, not her face). In a completely unexpected turn of events however it probably ended up in my top ten films of all time.

The sequels are brilliant as well, but unfortunately each one ruins those 'it's up to you to imagine what happens' moments in the previous film by telling us exactly what happened.

What do you think happened after the last scene in Lost In Translation?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Moulin Rouge- Christian & Satine 'Come What May'
    The Notebook-Aly and Noah arriving back at Noah's house from a day rowing on the lake
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    bill & ted. 2 elizabethan babes.

Is that the first one (Excellent Adventure) or the sequel?

I like the Disney version of Robin Hood, where he and Maid Marian go into the forest together. Also, Beauty and the Beast where he and Belle dance together. Before that, he was always angry and irritable but he begins to soften up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    The Age of Innocence

I love the scene where Newland goes searching for Ellen and he sees her in the distance, by a lighthouse at the end of a pier beneath a beautiful sunset. A yacht is sailing by on the shimmering sea. It's a scene with light and hope and longing. Newland tells himself that if she looks round before the ship passes the lighthouse, he will go to her and he will be with her whatever the cost. But she doesn't.:cry:

My favourite scene is at the end in Paris. Newland is an old man, his wife is dead. His son (who is aware that his father loved Ellen), has dragged him to Ellen's flat. She is waiting for them on the top floor, but Newland won't go to her, he sends his son up instead. Before he walks away, slowly, bent forward as if by his heavy heart, he looks up and sees a window being closed. As it catches the sun, he lifts his face to the light and suddenly, he is back on that pier at sunset and this time Ellen does turn round, and her face is full of light and hope and longing. Newland is thinking of what could have been.

Other romantic movies

Dangerous Beauty

Devdas

Swept from the sea

A Walk to Remember

The Heart of Me