Options

ED: Anyone else feel sorry for Jai ?

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I do feel a little sorry for him as his love for Archie and desperation to be with him is so clear.

But...he has treated Rachel like crap right from the beginning and taking the baby and not telling the Police (not to mention her family) that he hadn't seen the Mother and suspected she was dead was absolutely unforgivable.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him. While Rachel was pregnant and for some time after Archie was born he wouldn't admit to being Archie's father because he didn't want to endanger his marriage to Charity. Then Charity became suspicious and asked him if he was Archie's father. Before he answered Rishi jumped in and said that he was Archie's father and not Jai. In the end the truth came out. Jai should have admitted right at the start that he was Archie's father - he can't be a father only when it suits him to be.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    star89 wrote: »
    Cheated on his wife with the cleaner.
    Kept his son secret from his wife.
    Locked a woman up in a container and left her to die.
    Bought a kid.
    Cheated on Megan constantly and even on their wedding day.
    Now doesn't give a stuff about the innocent child because it's not Archie.
    AND he can't act for toffee..

Can you feel my sympathy? ;-):D:D

This matches about half the cast of ED :o:D

He has done wrong but so has every last one of them but the way he has been sidelined by Rachel and the way her horrible family act like he's an out and out rogue for doing what really anyone would in his circumstances IE anything in order to get your child back is wrong and does make me anyway feel sorry for him.

If Rachel hadn't run off with his child and he'd been allowed to be a proper Dad he probably wouldn't have committed half of those crimes. Though locking up the dreadful Charity was justice not a crime at all :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    Totally agree..........

Respect :cool: :)
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He has done wrong but so has every last one of them but the way he has been sidelined by Rachel and the way her horrible family act like he's an out and out rogue for doing what really anyone would in his circumstances IE anything in order to get your child back is wrong and does make me anyway feel sorry for him.

If Rachel hadn't run off with his child and he'd been allowed to be a proper Dad he probably wouldn't have committed half of those crimes. Though locking up the dreadful Charity was justice not a crime at all :cool:

The fact he doesn't give a crap about a child he looked after for months says alot..
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    The fact he doesn't give a crap about a child he looked after for months says alot..
    Yes, he's so cold. To him it seemed like custody of Archie was about winning at all costs and not about love. It's not like he'd become attached to the little boy or even shed a tear over the fact he'd become fond of him. Like someone else said it's like he sees Archie as property.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I said in my other post he only wanted to be a proper dad when it suited him. A child needs stability and he wasn't prepared to give him that stability till the truth came out. When Rishi told Charity that he was Archie's dad and not Jai, Jai didn't correct him and the lie continued for some time. What sort of father does that make Jai?
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought a kid.

Can you feel my sympathy? ;-):D:D

With you on all of that. And hes always treated Rachel like she was either trash or should do exactly as he wanted if he flung enough money her way. There was barely even a flicker of an eyelid or a tremor in his voice where it came to tossing aside poor wee fake
    Archie . There was no indication through either his words or expression that he had ever cared about Archie. Of course he wants to find his son, but youd think he would show some sort of feeling, even if he said nothing. Hes a flashy git and it's all about what's his.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o:o Harming a single hair on t'Fabulous Charity's head was his WORST crime >:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With you on all of that. And hes always treated Rachel like she was either trash or should do exactly as he wanted if he flung enough money her way. There was barely even a flicker of an eyelid or a tremor in his voice where it came to tossing aside poor wee fake
    Archie . There was no indication through either his words or expression that he had ever cared about Archie. Of course he wants to find his son, but youd think he would show some sort of feeling, even if he said nothing. Hes a flashy git and it's all about what's his.
    :o:o Harming a single hair on t'Fabulous Charity's head was his WORST crime >:(>:(

You see this is what gets me. Charity and Cain can spread harm, damage and pain willy nilly with barely a criticism but Jai is hated and his crimes listed and used against him constantly. Tut tut double standards :(:p
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most posts I read on here are negative about him and I've just read one gleefully hoping he gets seriously punished for buying Archie but I really feel sorry for him and despise Rachel and the rest of her smug and crummy family.

Rachel gets away with stealing Archie from him and suggests she would never let Jai anywhere near him not even letting Jai hug him :( Then Rachel's dreadful sister Ally seems to be suggesting that Jai just bought any baby to make up for Archie being missing and not taking into consideration at all how devastated he was when Rachel ran off with HIS child or that he genuinely thought it was Archie. I mean, what would anyone else do if they lost their child and had the chance to get them back :confused

The whole Spencer family are just so self satisfied and act like they are the only ones allowed to get away with wrong doings. I hope Jai not only justifiably gets away with buying Archie but also gets properly reunited with the real Archie and gets custody and doesn't allow Rachel or any of the dreadful Spencers any access at all :cool:

Now I can't STAND Ali Spencers, bloody loathe her. Never liked her from day one and my opinion hasn't changed. Ruby is OK away from her but I have to loathe her too as she has such appalling taste. The only Spencer I like is Dan. Just wanted to get that out of the way before I say this:

NO, I don't feel one bit sorry for Jai. He's brought it all on himself!

And Rachel was annoyed because she sussed out that a) he thought he'd bought their son but didn't give a sh!t what happened to her and b) he'd mistaken another child for their son! I'm sure she'll thaw in time.

There. I feel much better now. Mainly for the reasons stated below who all beat me to it:
    soap-lea wrote: »
    no you are right they cant be expected to but he had absolutely zero concern for the child once he found out he wasnt his. can see where megan was coming from

He's cold. He has a swinging brick where his heart should be.
    Nope - don't feel sorry for him - he's spent months with that kid thinking he was his - and as soon as he realised he wasn't his, he couldn't distance himself fast enough from him.
    So - clearly made no bond with the child (even when he thought he was his).

Jai's no parent - he just see's kids as "property".

Totally agree. He was so distant towards Farchie (love that name :D) and he's sooo lovable! He wouldn't even go in and see him when he was upset. What kind of a man is he? Plus he kept on saying "he's not my son" to Megan, well how insensitive to her who has lost her son yet was taking on the child who is, you've guessed, not her son - yet she still loved him. She could overlook genetics, Jai couldn't. It's all about owning like Sheepie says.
    immusic wrote: »
    No. >:(

He didn't care if Rachel had been killed so that he could buy "Archie", or that if she was still alive, she had had her child taken away from her, possibly by force and definitely against her will. He'll probably lock her in a container as well to get her out of the way so that he can get RealArchie back now.

And the way he lost all interest in FakeArchie once he knew he wasn't RealArchie was really callous and mean. Poor little FakeArchie :(

Again exactly. He's supposed to love that boy yet showed no concern about his mother. Only bothered about not getting caught out in having bought him. Even tried to cut the Spencers out of his life .... oh hang on .... I can see it point with that one :kitty:
    Bought a kid.

Can you feel my sympathy? ;-):D

*high fives star*

Couldn't have put it better. From the day Rachel told him she was pregnant he wanted it both ways - for Rachel to have the baby but for the baby to remain a dirty secret. For a man who loves his son so much he not 'arf put him second to Charity! He chucked money at Rachel to keep her sweet which of course being part of the Spencer clan she took (when she should have told him to p!ss off, not letting her off the hook). He thinks everything can be solved by chucking money at it.

As Star rightly says he's a cheat. IMO he only didn't shag Leyla on his wedding day because he thought that Megan was a better mother for Farchie (I know that makes him look good but ... lol!) but I don't think he loves either woman.
    Andybear wrote: »
    I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him. While Rachel was pregnant and for some time after Archie was born he wouldn't admit to being Archie's father because he didn't want to endanger his marriage to Charity. Then Charity became suspicious and asked him if he was Archie's father. Before he answered Rishi jumped in and said that he was Archie's father and not Jai. In the end the truth came out. Jai should have admitted right at the start that he was Archie's father - he can't be a father only when it suits him to be.

Spot on! Didn't his dad have a heart attack through the stress of it all? As long as his secret was hidden, as long as he could have the best of both worlds he didn't care who got hurt. OK he didn't ask Rishi to do that but when Rishi offered he should have stood up and admitted it all.

So no, he has no sympathy from this quarter.
    Thought I'd better spell that out just in case :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andybear wrote: »
    As I said in my other post he only wanted to be a proper dad when it suited him. A child needs stability and he wasn't prepared to give him that stability till the truth came out. When Rishi told Charity that he was Archie's dad and not Jai, Jai didn't correct him and the lie continued for some time. What sort of father does that make Jai?

A father on a par with most of the fathers on ED and soaps generally :kitty: That's what gets to me about Jai and as I've just said Cain and Charity get away with murder but he is held to account for everything he does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Now I can't STAND the Ali Spencers. Bloody loathe her. Never liked her from day one and my opinion hasn't changed. Ruby is OK away from her but I have to loathe her too as she has such appalling taste. The only Spencer I like is Dan. Just wanted to get that out of the way before I say this:

NO, I don't feel one bit sorry for Jai. He's brought it all on himself!

And Rachel was annoyed because she sussed out that a) he thought he'd bought their son but didn't give a sh!t what happened to her and b) he'd mistaken another child for their son! . . . . . ... . . . . .

Well a) Wouldn't she have bought Archie if she had been separated from him against her will for all that time? He only did what anyone else would, well in soap land :D And as for not giving a shit about her, why should he:confused: Did she give a shit about him whilst she had Archie and he had no idea where they were :kitty: b) How was he supposed to recognise his child after she had taken him away and he hadn't been able to see him for so long. Anyway many were fooled and there was a similarity.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see this is what gets me. Charity and Cain can spread harm, damage and pain willy nilly with barely a criticism but Jai is hated and his crimes listed and used against him constantly. Tut tut double standards :(:p

I have absolutely no valid argument for this post.. :blush:

I just dislike Jai. Always have and always will.

Yet, I adore Fabulous Charity and I like Cain (now). I can only put it down to the actors and personal taste :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really. Jeff hordley can convey a range of emotions with his expressions, as can Emma Atkins, so you can at least get the indication that their feelings might be more complex than what they're saying. Mahbe Jai is supposed to have complex emotions but the actor cant portray that and thetefore make him vaguely sympathetic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duplicate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well a) Wouldn't she have bought Archie if she had been separated from him against her will for all that time? He only did what anyone else would, well in soap land :D And as for not giving a shit about her, why should he:confused: Did she give a shit about him whilst she had Archie and he had no idea where they were :kitty: b) How was he supposed to recognise his child after she had taken him away and he hadn't been able to see him for so long. Anyway many were fooled and there was a similarity.

Well, being as poor as a church mouse means that Rachel can't quite manage the 40 grand that Jai paid for Farchie (still loving that name!) :D But yes, in the same position and if she had the same finances she'd do anything to find her son. But she's been a good mother from the start (don't even like her much but I'll admit that), unlike Jai who wanted to keep him as a dirty little secret so his wife didn't find out etc. Actions speak louder than words to me and IMO Jai is more wrapped up in the 'my son' words and possession rather than genuinely loving his son with all his heart. Rachel does but after everything Jai got up to to hide Archie's true paternity (I bet his name isn't even on the birth certificate) I have trouble believing he's great father material and that his real feelings are that strong, not just his outraged 'how dare she take MY son from ME' piqued feelings.

Of course he should have been concerned about Rachel, I know it was nothing but a bunk up on the factory floor but she is the mother of his only child and he should have been concerned for his son's sake at least. He didn't care one iota and his chickens are coming home to roost now that Rachel knows how callous he was towards her.

Personally I can understand him getting mixed up with the child but I was talking from Rachel's point of view :) She's really annoyed by it :D

And we all know that Rachel's hands were tied contact wise by Charity and Declan. She didn't even contact her own family such was the iron grip they had on her, even from a distance. Only in soap though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no valid argument for this post.. :blush:

I just dislike Jai. Always have and always will.

Yet, I adore Fabulous Charity and I like Cain (now). I can only put it down to the actors and personal taste :)

I really think a lot of it is down to the actor as well as personal taste. Cain, Charity, Carl, Declan, even the utterly pantomime Nathan- all of them had something that could at times make you sympathise. I'm not convonced chris bisson can do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think a lot of it is down to the actor as well as personal taste. Cain, Charity, Carl, Declan, even the utterly pantomime Nathan- all of them had something that could at times make you sympathise. I'm not convonced chris bisson can do that.

Bullseye. This is probably my problem with Jai - the actor!
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    immusic wrote: »
    No. >:(

He didn't care if Rachel had been killed so that he could buy "Archie", or that if she was still alive, she had had her child taken away from her, possibly by force and definitely against her will. He'll probably lock her in a container as well to get her out of the way so that he can get RealArchie back now.

And the way he lost all interest in FakeArchie once he knew he wasn't RealArchie was really callous and mean. Poor little FakeArchie :(
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Again exactly. He's supposed to love that boy yet showed no concern about his mother. Only bothered about not getting caught out in having bought him. Even tried to cut the Spencers out of his life .... oh hang on .... I can see it point with that one :kitty:

He only ever cares about himself, what I've really hated about him recently is how everytime some mentioned Rachel he just shouted back "and I'm his dad" like that excuses everything. Like it doesn't mean that everything he thinks he's entitled to she is as well, and everything he felt when he was apart from Archie, Rachel must be as well (well she would if he actually did have the real Archie.)

Rachel never really excluded Jai from his life, she ran away when she felt she had to but when she was in the village she never tried to keep them apart, did she? IIRC, it was Jai who ignored him for the first months of his life and wasn't it only when Charity said she didn't want kids that he starting caring about Archie? If he could have a child with Charity, I doubt he would have stopped ignoring him.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I know Jai isn't appreciated much but does he remind anyone else of Chris Tate. He even had a Rachel he knocked up too. Granted hes not as watchable but I think they could make a good villain out of him as he becomes more and more bitter as Chris did after the wheelchair
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can excuse characters behaving badly but only if the character in question is entertaining/multi-layered/well portrayed. In my opinion, Jai doesn't tick any of these boxes. In the hands of a better actor, perhaps he could've been an interesting character. But alas, we're stuck with Chris Bisson and his consistently one-note performance.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    No. :D:D

I loved seeing the smug look being taken off his face.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of his recent actions stem from being denied access to his son, so I do feel bad for him. I'm sick of women taking away children and getting away with it.

If Jai was the one who took Archie away, would Rachel be that concerned about Jai's whereabouts after believing she had Archie back? Probably not. Would she be criticized for that as much as Jai has been? I don't think so.

As for him acting uncaring towards "Farchie" (:p), he knows he can't keep him. He probably thinks distancing himself straight away will help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jai didn treat rachel badly. He didnt put a gun on her head. She went along with all the.lies because having archie was like winning the lottery. He put a roof over her head and family and give her.money so she could be a full time mom.

If someone took my child away from me I would be driven to.desperate measures too. Why should jai care about rachel ?she doesn't care about him and she doesn't put her child first. I don't like mothers who keep children away from their fathers. If she didn't want a child with jai she shouldn't have slept with him. Jai is no danger to archie so there is no reason to keep him away from him. It's certainly not in the child est interest. Neither is life on the run.