Options

Emmerdale - Katie's death...

Comments

• Options
    hallo girlhallo girl Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Apologies as I do not know how to start a new thread but as part of the Katie exit she paid Pearl the vets bill in cash, there is a new story line there. The cash will not be handed over , we are leading to a gambling story line there,
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know even though Katie's death was an accident that there is no way Robert can stay in the village after this. Andy will either kill him in a fight or hell be imprisoned. Either way, Andy and Victoria remain the only Sugdens. Quite sad. You think if they knew then, what they knew now they would have killed off Robert's cousins in a train accident?
  • Options
    hallo girlhallo girl Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    are you talking about the Skilbeck twins ?
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Peggy's twins would be Robert's cousins.
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam saw Katie ride upto the farm, I thought he was going to the wedding?.
    I wonder if he saw the other two vehicles that were there
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't the silly moo leave with Aaron instead of goading NewGayRobert for about half an hour.

I hope Robert DOES get away with it though, hes a fab character and i don't want him to leave. And it was an accident.....
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know even though Katie's death was an accident that there is no way Robert can stay in the village after this. Andy will either kill him in a fight or hell be imprisoned. Either way, Andy and Victoria remain the only Sugdens. Quite sad. You think if they knew then, what they knew now they would have killed off Robert's cousins in a train accident?

I don't see why not.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I still do not see why they had to kill her off at all, she could have left and the door been left open for the future, killing people off for ratings I have always thought is a tad silly.

It certainly did nothing for the ratings...
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luba wrote: »
    Sam saw Katie ride upto the farm, I thought he was going to the wedding?.
    I wonder if he saw the other two vehicles that were there

Yeah Sam might end up being an important witness.
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May just be me but I think the whole storyline would have worked much better had Katie survived; for example, as Andy and all of her friends had turned against her, it would have been better had she simply disappeared after exposing the affair, making it look like Robert had harmed her and also giving him a proper comeuppance. I just do not see the point in killing her off; also the actress didn't want the character to die.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was predictable and majorly disappointing
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I thought her falling through the floors in the farm building after falling down the mineshaft was a bit lazy. I agree with people who say Robert will frame or blame Aaron. The affair will come out and Andy will be gutted he didn't believe Katy. Same with Chas.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    hallo girl wrote: »
    Apologies as I do not know how to start a new thread but as part of the Katie exit she paid Pearl the vets bill in cash, there is a new story line there. The cash will not be handed over , we are leading to a gambling story line there,

Hi, to start a new topic click on New Thread which will be under the main heading and above all the threads on the left hand side of the page. It's in a blue box. Click on that then the instructions are really easy to follow. Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    As others have touched, this was an absolute farce. You are a woman who has finally got the evidence she needs, yet, instead of getting out of the way pronto, decides to go face to face with a bloke twice your size who is facing complete ruination. Even if you don't get hurt, it would take him 2 mins to take that phone.
  • Options
    busengbuseng Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    drtwelve wrote: »
    I was just thinking all the time "damn, i wish she'd had an iPhone and had signed up to photo stream so that picture would already be on her computer"...ah, but probably in the caravan...oh dear lol. (Though other cloud services are available!)

It looked like a Windows phone. I have one & photos are automatically uploaded to One Drive, formally Sky Drive. A Windows based cloud storage. They can be viewed or downloaded to any Windows PC or laptop.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too predictable. Thing is, would Robert have killed her if she'd not dropped through the floor anyway? Too convenient and not very plausible. Now we're going to have the aftermath dragging on for months. Mind you, I'm not keen on the character of Robert or any of the instant family he brought along with him.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like it at all - I hate the fact that her death was just a side plot to further the Aaron and Robert affair along.

I'm pretty indifferent towards Katie - always have been - but she deserved so much better. It's such a waste and it feels like she's been killed off for absolutely no reason at all. I'd rather she had a taxi exit than what she ended up with. I'm also sick of soaps making characters unlikeable before they leave which is what happened with Katie.

Emmerdale is usually top notch, but this storyline and the character of Katie has been let down massively - a definite, but rare, dip in quality. Such a shame.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't happy with Katie's death. Mainly because it felt predictable and a cheap ploy to make the Aaron and Rob affair much more dramatic and to further it is out. But i did some thinking, and I decided to come up with my own. I decided to share it and wanted to see what people would think.

I think it would of been better if Andy had killed Katie. She arranges to meet him to show him the photo evidence. But before she can show him, he refuses to listen to her. He tells her he is sick of her lies and causing too much drama. She needs to get over herself. Katie insists for him to listen to. Andy loses it and attacks her, ultimatley choking her to death. This brings back the violent and nasty streak we have seen Andy do. I mean he accidentally kiled Sarah and used to beat up Jo. Realising what he has done, Andy goes towards his wife's body. Her phone has fallen from her pocket and it is Diane ringing her. Andy ignores the call. But he attempts to crack her password, eventually guessing their wedding date. He goes on to her pictures and see's the image of Rob and Aaron kissing, realising his wife was right all along and his anger and eventual murder of her was for nothing. Andy attempts to pin the murder on Robert, especially as him and Katie hated each other and it is easily believeable he would harm her.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    It certainly did nothing for the ratings...

Ratings are not everything though. Katie's death was disappointing in my opinion.

However, when Emmerdale produce excellent episodes, like Charity's trial, etc, the soap still doesn't get huge ratings. (I love Charity, but the episode was brilliant) Coronation Street can still be terrible, apart from the Steve story, yet still get good ratings. Sometimes ratings does not equal quality.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buseng wrote: »
    It looked like a Windows phone. I have one & photos are automatically uploaded to One Drive, formally Sky Drive. A Windows based cloud storage. They can be viewed or downloaded to any Windows PC or laptop.
    That may well be relevant at some point in the future, but for the moment, I imagine nobody is going to be playing detective. She'll be found, all alone, having fallen through rotten floorboards. 'Tragic accident' I can already hear PC Swirling saying. :kitty:

I doubt there'll be any serious investigation at all until such time as NuRob and TinyTearstick fall out again and Tiny tries to dob NuRob in.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter now - it's done and dusted and everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a 'good' death.

But I'm sure this thread would be well populated in the FanFiction/Games Room section of DS, where it belongs. :)
  • Options
    Tony_FlareTony_Flare Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    grauniad wrote: »
    As others have touched, this was an absolute farce. You are a woman who has finally got the evidence she needs, yet, instead of getting out of the way pronto, decides to go face to face with a bloke twice your size who is facing complete ruination. Even if you don't get hurt, it would take him 2 mins to take that phone.
    Yep. Barely plausible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why not? Cain and Debbie have done a lot worse and there are still in the village acting like their s**t don't stink.

If they want to keep Robert they will put several villagers' lives in danger and Robert is going to save the day (They do it all the time with Cain).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    That may well be relevant at some point in the future, but for the moment, I imagine nobody is going to be playing detective. She'll be found, all alone, having fallen through rotten floorboards. 'Tragic accident' I can already hear PC Swirling saying. :kitty:

I doubt there'll be any serious investigation at all until such time as NuRob and TinyTearstick fall out again and Tiny tries to dob NuRob in.

Well it was a tragic accident.
  • Options
    cornishannacornishanna Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    That was massively underwhelming, I wish Andy had just asked for a divorce after she a scene at the Wedding, Chas etc turns against her, she accepts cash from Georgia and Rodney and leaves to start a new life.

I disagree with some comments on here, I think Robert's reaction was good, he was in total shock. I'm not looking forward to Andy finding out, his guilt is going to be horrible to watch.