Options

steve doesnt evan know his own wifes heritage

gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
Forum Member
✭✭
how embarrasing must that be for his wife, on e4 replay ben was aking him about his wifes heritage and he said that she is mixed race and her mum is english and her dad is jamaican i think or some type of afri carribbean lol that made me laugh how ignorant is this guy. some type of afro carribbean lol.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure his wife knows his ways by now and that there is no need to get embarrassed on her behalf. Maybe she is not too sure of her father's heritage herself. In any case, a knowledge of one's genealogoy is hardly top of the list when it comes to husbandly qualities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,067
    Forum Member
    Who's Evans?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, she's probably too busy looking after all of those kids and making sure his chair is kept vacant for him to actually discuss her heritage :D
  • Options
    ZuttoZutto Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought he said she was of Ghanaian heritage before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zutto wrote: »
    thought he said she was of Ghanaian heritage before

exactly shows you how silly he is
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well on the 2010 census obama wrote that he's black so even he doesnt know his own race!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    well on the 2010 census obama wrote that he's black so even he doesnt know his own race!

obama knows his mother is a white women from kansas and father from kenya if he didnt know this i wouldnt know this.
  • Options
    Moll_FlandersMoll_Flanders Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she's probably too busy looking after all of those kids and making sure his chair is kept vacant for him to actually discuss her heritage :D

Curious to know how many of the 10 is she the mother of.
  • Options
    PotNoodleMonkeyPotNoodleMonkey Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it mentioned some weeks back about Steve not knowing if his wife went to uni or not? I could be wrong. I do find people a little bit odd who don't have a clue about their partner's past - I'm not talking about small stuff, but here it's heritage and education. I mean, what do you talk about in the initial stages of a relationship if each others histories are not touched upon? Or am I just way too high maintenance and thorough?! :Di
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL not surprised one bit!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curious to know how many of the 10 is she the mother of.

Five of 'em.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    obama knows his mother is a white women from kansas and father from kenya if he didnt know this i wouldnt know this.

first of all yes you would because the media would tell you anyway.

point i'm getting at is he's mixed race but he wrote on the census for race that he's black
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Steve didnt even manage to get the right continent this time.

He said she was African before.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it mentioned some weeks back about Steve not knowing if his wife went to uni or not? I could be wrong. I do find people a little bit odd who don't have a clue about their partner's past - I'm not talking about small stuff, but here it's heritage and education. I mean, what do you talk about in the initial stages of a relationship if each others histories are not touched upon? Or am I just way too high maintenance and thorough?! :Di

I would say you have a fine line in understatement. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five of 'em.

Thanks, I just wasn't sure.
    Then he had 3 with first wife, so where does the other 2 come in at? Another ex-wife?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. This is a man who admitted being interested in Keely, despite being married and playing up the "family man" angle. Even if he was attracted, why on earth would he admit it on national tv and humiliate his wife with the whole "I'm swimming in the same [unrequited love] ocean" as Josie comment and the "I'm feeling quite agressive toward Ben [b/c he's sleeping next to Keely]"comment

...unless he and his wife are into open marriages, it was completely disrespectful to her and probably embarrassing to their kids. So, not surprised at all if he never educated himself about the details of her heritage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

point i'm getting at is he's mixed race but he wrote on the census for race that he's black

my mother is mixed race and my dad is black im i allwed to call myself black by your logic?

you haver to rtemember america is very different, white americans never accepted mixed race people as part of them like it is in england so thats why most mixed race americans consider themselves black and this was created by white americans not black americans.

havent you ever heard of the one drop rule created by white slavemasters?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's because for years if you had any African/Carribbean ancestry whatsoever you were put on the census as black. A lot of mixed races write black on forms as they consider their black heritage to be still classed as lower in the USA and they want to state their pride in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my mother is mixed race and my dad is black im i allwed to call myself black by your logic?

you haver to rtemember america is very different, white americans never accepted mixed race people as part of them like it is in england so thats why most mixed race americans consider themselves black and this was created by white americans not black americans.

havent you ever heard of the one drop rule created by white slavemasters?

well for you yes you should call yourself black by all means. :) obama is slightly different though in that his own biological mother was white. by labeling himself as black only though it feels as if he doesnt want anything to do with his white heritage. he was even raised by his white mother and grandparents instead of his father who left.

i've heard of the one drop rule but thats not exactly scientific though is it. if it was coined by white racists nobody should really go by that 'rule'. its old fashioned and racist i guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well for you yes you should call yourself black by all means. :) obama is slightly different though in that his own biological mother was white. by labeling himself as black only though it feels as if he doesnt want anything to do with his white heritage. he was even raised by his white mother and grandparents instead of his father who left.

i've heard of the one drop rule but thats not exactly scientific though is it. if it was coined by white racists nobody should really go by that 'rule'. its old fashioned and racist i guess

i agree with you it is a racist thing, did you know jade goody would be considered black by many white americans and evan her sons and that is laughable lol. sadly sometimes the damage has already been done.

i personally see myself as mixed race/black as weird as that sounds but i love my african english and german heritage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree with you it is a racist thing, did you know jade goody would be considered black by many white americans and evan her sons and that is laughable lol. sadly sometimes the damage has already been done.

i personally see myself as mixed race/black as weird as that sounds but i love my african english and german heritage.

haha yeah about jade. that reminds me an american friend of mine was saying nicole ritchie is black. it all gets a bit confusing at times!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha yeah about jade. that reminds me an american friend of mine was saying nicole ritchie is black. it all gets a bit confusing at times!

lol nicole is as black as my nans blonde white hair lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The thing with Obama is, when he ran for Senator of Illinois & then US Pres, he ran as not a Black man but as a man who had a White mother from Kansas & an African Father from Kenya. Noting he didn't use the terms "black" at that point. But the media did.
    He didn't start all of this calling himself a "black man" until he did become US Pres.

At the time, his reasoning was to help bridge the gap. Why he is now considering himself solely black is a question many have been asking for sometime..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone should be proud of their heritage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone should be proud of their heritage.

you are absulutely correct mate