Samsung Chromebooks

13»

Comments

• DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just set my chromebook up and need to do some research to answer my questions but meanwhile could someone tell me where the battery indicator is?

Also when you close it does it just go to sleep or turn itself off or do you have to turn the power switch off if youre not going to use it for a while.

Does anyone know ehre the brightness settings are?

Thanks for your help
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane wrote: »
    Just set my chromebook up and need to do some research to answer my questions but meanwhile could someone tell me where the battery indicator is?

Also when you close it does it just go to sleep or turn itself off or do you have to turn the power switch off if youre not going to use it for a while.

Does anyone know ehre the brightness settings are?

Thanks for your help

Hi.

Closing the lid puts it into sleep. It depends on how long you are not going to use it for, obviously if it's days then you might want to turn it off but if it's just a few hours you could leave it on. The boot up time is so quick that I suppose it wouldn't matter if you switched it off.

I'm not sure what Model you have but on the Samsung series 3 model, if you touch the button that looks like a sun on the top row you can adjust the brightness.

The battery indicator should be in the bottom right hand corner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.

Closing the lid puts it into sleep. It depends on how long you are not going to use it for, obviously if it's days then you might want to turn it off but if it's just a few hours you could leave it on. The boot up time is so quick that I suppose it wouldn't matter if you switched it off.

I'm not sure what Model you have but on the Samsung series 3 model, if you touch the button that looks like a sun on the top row you can adjust the brightness.

The battery indicator should be in the bottom right hand corner.

Thanks Alison for your help, yes its Samsung 3. I've downloaded a user guide and a few websites offering tips so will have a play tomorrow night when I have more time.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Paul, it looks as though a product called Remotespark might be a way in..

Have a look here - http://www.chromebookforum.com/forum/18-cloud-apps-google-apps-other-software/729-remote-desktop-solutions-complete-ish-round-up.html - you may be able to RDP to your desktop to run the other stuff...

cheers but remote desktops don't cut it for me.....
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good book to get is My Google chromebook by Michael Miller. It covers most things you will need to know and has colour diagrams/pictures.

I also listen to the giga om Weekley chrome show podcast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good book to get is My Google chromebook by Michael Miller. It covers most things you will need to know and has colour diagrams/pictures.

I also listen to the giga om Weekley chrome show podcast.

Ive ordered that book so hopefully it will help me.

Meanwhile lol

1) Ive set the home page in settings to my fav website but it doesnt come up when I sign in

2) I cant seem to transfer pictures from my phone, attached the phone cable and the phone says found device but nothing happens on the chomebook

3) Also tried to put my memory stick in chromebook to try and transfer pictures from there and when I insert it it makes a noise but again nothing happens on my chromebook screen.

What am I doing wrong?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only for the adventurous.

http://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-your-chromebook-with-crouton/

I have not used it to comment. Sometimes projects do forget to tell you it is a nightmare to run so do your research before trying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me with my questions see 2 posts up, lol