The Office US - Petition

Hi people,

Not sure about you but I'm a huge fan of The Office US and Netflix UK, at the moment, has its entire seasons on its service. However, it was supposed to go on the 5th, stayed and will be removed at the end of the month. I've created a petition to keep it on the service as I believe it is worthy of staying, and the sheer fact they've kept it up for another so many days shows they're not sure whether to remove it or not.

https://www.change.org/p/keep-the-office-us-on-netflix-uk

Had a small pool of support so far but can do with your wonderful signatures!

Regards

Comments

• DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Good luck! Love it too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Good luck! Love it too

Thanks pal! :)
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These sort of decisions often come down to contracts. If a rival such as Amazon Prime or Sky/NowTV has signed a contract for exclusive streaming rights, then Netflix wouldn't be able to get the rights back until they're renegotiated at the end of the contract term.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    These sort of decisions often come down to contracts. If a rival such as Amazon Prime or Sky/NowTV has signed a contract for exclusive streaming rights, then Netflix wouldn't be able to get the rights back until they're renegotiated at the end of the contract term.

Normally would agree with you, but can't be the case with this example. Netflix wouldn't have been able to extend the contract till the end of the month if they didn't have overall control of the series (it was in the hands of Amazon etc).
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signed! This is my go to tv show when there's nothing else on. Or even when there is something else on. I'm gutted it's been removed.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any particular reason why you don't just use a Smart DNS? You can easily switch back and forth between Netflix regions, and the US one has The "American" Office.

Full guide can be found here... it can increase your Netflix library by over 15,000 titles or so.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that was the last good season anyway, actually no, the fifth was.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will happily sign a petition to have this puerile dross removed from Netflix. US remakes are always so inferior to original British version.
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US version of the Office is far superior to the British version.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Gave up on it a few episodes into season 8 shame really. But I think it just ran out of gas