Options

Belle Dingle - Looks Too Young For Her Age

2»

Comments

• Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame all this new-fangled music like this pop factor malarkey - or whatever the blazes it is these kids listen to nowadays.

(on their hot-pods usually, or whatever the devil they're called)

:D That cheered my day up, thank you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks 14.
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybersq wrote: »
    I think she looks 14.

I Agree.

I'm 17 and I know when I was 14/15 alot of girls look like that.

I still see alot of girls who are 14/15 and dress up like belle - intact I think she looked alright, iv seen much worse.

Least she didn't have her arse hanging out or have a push up bra on.

and the fact Sean said things to her will also affect her, thinking she looks like Edna ect!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought that Emmerdale is popular with teenage girls either. I for one am quite concerned at the issues and risks facing teenage girls today - I think they are under a lot more pressure to be 'sexy' than they ever were, and a lot more risk because of this, and I think Emmerdale are quite doing well to highlight this serious problem, especially with a character who has grown up on the show. It would be less believable if they didn't have at least one teen going down this route - Scarlett, Amy and the Barton girls didn't.

I agree.
    I'm 17 I love ED lol but alot of parents or grandparents watch if they see this they can maybe understand where there child ect is coming from.

I know I watched it and some parts reminds me of people I known and how they changed, trying to get older boys, going to party's, dressing up. pout pics loads of makeup ect.

And it is harder for people to look Sexy - I know alot of my friends would say they were fat, not eat at lunch ect, trying to be skinny when they already are! - I know one friend who got Ill by it.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but you can express your opinion, and have a debate (and differences of opinion) without being rude and using insulting terms which you were doing earlier in the thread. I often disagree with other posters, but I'm still civil and respectful to them. You can be passionate without being rude to others. And yes, in a real conversation, I would have said the same to anyone who was using the terms you did earlier on.

What because I said chimp? That's how we speak round here. Personally people should steer clear of internet forums if they are so easily offended having not even joined the debate and just putting their two pence worth into the discussion and then leaving the topic altogether, I don't see what I have done wrong personally.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a girl a few days ago, who was the spitting image of Belle post-makeover. Similar build, same hairdo and hair colour(in a bun, but trendily messy), similar make up, and young face - could have been aged anywhere between 13 and 16. I noticed her because for a few seconds I thought it was Eden Taylor-Draper. Maybe Emmerdale are getting it right with this story! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I agree with you. I cannot believe she is 15 - she looks more like 10 or 11.
    When I was 15, many many years ago I looked a lot older than her and I started my first job after leaving school at the age of 15 years and 4 months!

Thank God I am not alone
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,226
    Forum Member
    She may seem young but acts beyond it. Just a few weeks ago she was snogging a lad - even sleeping/sex was implied ("I haven't done it before" etc).

This seems to be next: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-16/emmerdale-lisa-despairs-over-belle---video-preview

"Looks like a tart" as Lisa puts it. But it's realistic when you consider what goes on in this world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of contributors have agreed that she looks young - she possibly always will look younger than she is. I agree that it does make the story uncomfortable to watch, but I don't think it makes it ridiculous - she's still going to experiment and rebel and do what she wants that's her character and the age she's at- it's just that only a bouncer who's forgotten their contact lenses will be fooled into letting her in to a club:D Or one who just doesn't care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    She may seem young but acts beyond it. Just a few weeks ago she was snogging a lad - even sleeping/sex was implied ("I haven't done it before" etc).

This seems to be next: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-16/emmerdale-lisa-despairs-over-belle---video-preview

"Looks like a tart" as Lisa puts it. But it's realistic when you consider what goes on in this world.

Its a shame though as she seemed to have her head screwed on, respect her parents and so on.. but now she has turned rebellious and I don't like it. Would it be too much for a soap to just leave a character alone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of contributors have agreed that she looks young - she possibly always will look younger than she is. I agree that it does make the story uncomfortable to watch, but I don't think it makes it ridiculous - she's still going to experiment and rebel and do what she wants that's her character and the age she's at- it's just that only a bouncer who's forgotten their contact lenses will be fooled into letting her in to a club:D Or one who just doesn't care.

I'm just angry because she seemed like one of the only dingles to be going somewhere with her education and intelligence, rather than ripping people off to get a business or sleeping with someone, Belle seemed to be going places off her own back and now she's being ruined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    I agree.
    I- I know one friend who got Ill by it.[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of thing I worry about with a lot of teenagers these days - I think there is much more pressure in that way than when I was younger. I hope your friend's ok now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I'm just angry because she seemed like one of the only dingles to be going somewhere with her education and intelligence, rather than ripping people off to get a business or sleeping with someone, Belle seemed to be going places off her own back and now she's being ruined.

Och, don't worry, I think like you say she's basically got her head screwed on, even if she is capable of being a right little madam. Mind you, I could see her experimenting with using these brains for the Debbie Dingle 'master criminal':rolleyes: route, but I hope not. She's had a good upbringing, unlike Cain, Chas or Debbie- and she's a clever kid, so hopefully she'll come out of this stronger and wiser. Although I think Lisa and Zak might have to brace themselves for a rollercoaster ride along the way.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby off EastEnders looked about 12 when she won sexiest actress award!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I more startled that Lisa and Zak can have such a thin, gazelle like daughter :o:D

No, she wouldn't. but lots of teenage girls actually look their age, just as lots of 18 year olds look younger, and get id'd. Make up doesn't always make kids look older or more sophisticated - you have to be good at applying it to do that.

This. Everyone is different.
    You both are correct, but the actress just looks too young and I don't like watching it, I feel it's leading up to something terrible and I don't really like it.

Yes, it's one of those 'public information' storylines as I call them and they do serve a purpose. I definitely think that Belle's going to get herself into hot water somehow and no doubt will have to be rescued by one of the Dingles. I only hope it's not Debbie, don't want her to be the hero in this but I feel she will be, especially after the way that Belle's been lipping her.)

But it also serves the purpose of showing parents who are freaking out at how their little girl has started dressing like something out of a Kiss video and is acting like the girl out of the exorcist that they're not alone. Also shows them the power of peer pressure too which seems pretty full on nowadays, kids have to be made of stern stuff not to comply with the herd.
    Ber wrote: »
    Parents? This is what your teen girl really gets up to and the trouble she could land herself in if you don't educate her to the dangers.

This as well. But how many young girls might just be in the room when ED is on? They might not be actively watching it or have put it on but between playing with their phones/lap top/i pads/ipods something might go in? That's if they're not holed up in their bedroom's like I was at that age!
    I wouldn't have thought that Emmerdale is popular with teenage girls either. I for one am quite concerned at the issues and risks facing teenage girls today - I think they are under a lot more pressure to be 'sexy' than they ever were, and a lot more risk because of this, and I think Emmerdale are quite doing well to highlight this serious problem, especially with a character who has grown up on the show. It would be less believable if they didn't have at least one teen going down this route - Scarlett, Amy and the Barton girls didn't.

Great post.

I blame Rihanna! :mad::D
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I know. I long for those innocent days gone by when we all stacked up our Dansettes with the likes of 'Je t'aime, moi non plus', 'Let's spend the night together' and 'Love to love you Baby'. :(

ROFL!!! :D

It's nowt that new though is it? I was trowelling the make up on (behind my mum's back, she wouldn't let me wear it until I was 15!), hitching my skirts up with mad hair back in the 80's when I was Belle's age. It's the introduction of those pesky camera phones, the web etc that is dangerous nowadays. Back in my day if you made a mistake it could be hidden but if you make one now it's out there forever!

To me it's all the more hard hitting because of this. We can still see she's a child but she's trying to act like a grown woman but still being that child doesn't quite get the dangers or has a blase "I'll be OK" attitude in common with alot of young 'uns (who have always been thus IMO). Other posters have said they know girls like this so perhaps in this case we should be patting ED on the back for getting it right.

As adults we should be uncomfortable watching knowing that the way she looks appeals to certain types of predatory older men - but again she doesn't realise this, she just wants to attract boys her own age.

I'm hoping that she's just going through 'a phase' and the old Belle will be back - just a bit more wiser.
    That's the kind of thing I worry about with a lot of teenagers these days - I think there is much more pressure in that way than when I was younger. I hope your friend's ok now.

Agreed, hope your friend OK too Bobby Marz.

But yes this is a huge thing nowadays. I remember when I was young if someone was a size 8 they were positively skinny! (and size 6 was practically unheard of!) It was all 'SIZE 8?' :eek: yet nowadays I'm always reading slimming stories in the papers of 'I used to be a heifer now I'm a size 8' like it's a perfectly normal size when it isn't for many women who might look dreadful at that size. But now it's a size 6 (or even 4) that gets touted about! Bloody hell, those fashionitas won't be happy until women disappear altogether :mad:

(no offence to natural size 6 and 8 women intended, if you're naturally that size then great. You can always tell the ones who are as they look good whereas others have bones sticking out, look gaunt and just not great - IMO of course.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say, I'm glad I'm not Belle's age. It was crap enough twenty odd years ago, never mind now. I'm really hoping this is an urban myth but somebody told me yesterday of an incident in a school about 15 miles away from here where a girl was raped by another pupil in one of the music rooms - it was soundproof so no one heard her screams.Just horrible. School was horrendous enough when I was there, but at least you felt relatively safe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
    I- I know one friend who got Ill by it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thank you.
    She's Eating Now and Looks better - more healthy.

It is worrimy but alot of people Thunk they do it for attention - but not all of them do.
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah some look like they are ten years old like Eden Taylor Curtains

This made me giggle. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv stated that I'm 17 but I look about 14.
    Because of my background and Family ect. - I know everyone is different but what I'm saying is

we don't know what Eden's Parents look like. Ect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah thank you.
    She's Eating Now and Looks better - more healthy.

It is worrimy but alot of people Thunk they do it for attention - but not all of them do.

That's good, I'm glad. It must be horrendous to have an eating disorder. Hopefully she'll come out stronger for having learned how to handle it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's good, I'm glad. It must be horrendous to have an eating disorder. Hopefully she'll come out stronger for having learned how to handle it.

Yeah she's over it now.
    she was anorexic but she'd come to school and ask me if she was fat or not, but she wouldn't believe me.