Bootcamp Audio Recordings: Girls and Overs

Comments

• unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All black female sout artists do not sound the same. That's just a sweeping generalisation to make.

I never said all black female soul artists sound the same :p

I said she sounds like pretty much all the stereotypical diva singers who have been on X Factor (Maria, Treyc, Alisha etc.)

I don't get why everyone is going crazy over her voice at all, she sounds so generic.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I never said all black female soul artists sound the same :p

I said she sounds like pretty much all the stereotypical diva singers who have been on X Factor (Maria, Treyc, Alisha etc.)

I don't get why everyone is going crazy over her voice at all, she sounds so generic.

Ariana Grande is like a mini Mariah and look at how well she is doing in the charts
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ariana Grande is like a mini Mariah and look at how well she is doing in the charts

That's like the weirdest comparison ever. :eek:

I really don't like the second half of Tamera's Stay. D:

Hannah's actually won me over a lot with that performance, though. I wasn't too fussed with her in the auditions this weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's like the weirdest comparison ever. :eek:

I really don't like the second half of Tamera's Stay. D:

Hannah's actually won me over a lot with that performance, though. I wasn't too fussed with her in the auditions this weekend.

Love Hannah's voice!
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah is easily my fav so far. If she does make it to the final i hope that they will give her suitable material to sing, which they fail to do with a lot of contestants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fribblet wrote: »
    Shall add more after their auditions are shown :)

Unfortunately didn't get the boys and groups this year (thanks to not being allowed to exit the arena for 30 seconds to pick up tickets for the final session)

However, here we go! :D

Hannah Barrett
    Tamera Foster
    Sam Bailey

The link to these recordings seems to have been blocked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its working again now.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening to Tamera's audition, I have realised how much she sounds like pretty much every other black soul diva who auditions for The X Factor

Sorry pal, I have many albums from black female R+B singers/neo soul artists in my huge collection and a lot of them have very distinctive vocals in their own right. A few may sound kind of similar but trust me, they don't sound the same
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Sorry pal, I have many albums from black female R+B singers/neo soul artists in my huge collection and a lot of them have very distinctive vocals in their own right. A few may sound kind of similar but trust me, they don't sound the same

It's different though. When they're making their own albums then sure, there's going to be a lot of difference and variety in the sound. The problem is on the actual show when they're doing the same covers of the same artists every year (Mainly down to the producers/mentors) then it gets very samey and comparisons are inevitably made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's different though. When they're making their own albums then sure, there's going to be a lot of difference and variety in the sound. The problem is on the actual show when they're doing the same covers of the same artists every year (Mainly down to the producers/mentors) then it gets very samey and comparisons are inevitably made.

I think that's where the real problems lie, which is why people assume they sound the same but clearly they are not.
    I can give you 100s of R+B female singers on top of my head from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s and they all sound different.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Listening to Tamera's audition, I have realised how much she sounds like pretty much every other black soul diva who auditions for The X Factor

I can say the same about Hannah...:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

Hannah has a distinctive voice of her own, and does not sound the same to other artists that have been on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Tamera is actually awful singing Stay. I think she had potential but she doesn't have any control. half of the song is out of tune, the other half is screaming and there are way too many ad libs. How can anyone say that was a good performance, it isn't even a matter of opinion. It was just not good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Totally disagree here - different types of singers mate!!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fribblet, please can you post Riley's recording (or Reily, or whatever her name is, the one that was through to judges houses)? She's the only one out of all the acts that we haven't heard sing before.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fribblet, please can you post Riley's recording (or Reily, or whatever her name is, the one that was through to judges houses)? She's the only one out of all the acts that we haven't heard sing before.

She's on the trailer for this weekend's show singing 'Don't You Worry Child'
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's on the trailer for this weekend's show singing 'Don't You Worry Child'

Where can I watch this trailer???
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere she performed on the piano but I don't know if it's true or not.
    No she didn't but another girl did.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    https://soundcloud.com/fribblet relley's, melanie's, jade's, abi's and amy's recordings are all up now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great audition from Relly on here, and good to see they put her through despite struggling in tonight's arena audition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Alton sounds AMAZING! Love that arrangement!

Relley and Jade also did a great job!
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Love this song by Abi Alton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spTZt0tiNb0
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    https://soundcloud.com/fribblet relley's, melanie's, jade's, abi's and amy's recordings are all up now

I love Melanie's....:)
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie sounds great on that song, I hope its her year and she makes it all way to the live shows. Looking good so far for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Sorry but i cannot listen to Tamara and not picture her telling that wee girl to kiss her feet or she will kick her head in... then following it through and beating her up!.. so i purposely look for the bad in her performances! Totally gutted she is a bad apple cos she is a terrific singer with the right look... but all that said she will make the lives.. they made too much of a fuss about her to not put her through.. sure there will be a 5 minute VT of her crying saying she is sorry for her actions..?