Options

American won't take too Cole.

Comments

• Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This topic has been discussed way too much. In the end it will all be an anti-climax as I don't think she's even attempting to break the US market. Stick to being a big fish in a little pond.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pahman wrote: »
    Perez Hilton is a joke. :D

Don't be so sure about that. For some reason he seems to have the power to make or break someone's career - see his hate campaign against Christina Aguilera. :(
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    I expected the same old "Girls Aloud aren't big over there", "she has a funny accent", "theres better candidates" ect when the fact is that Cheryl has won the X-Factor twice and made a name out of herself with it.

Who better too get a job on the US X-Factor than an actually X-Factor judge? a damn good one at that!

For that reasoning, Dannii is equally entitled to a US:XF role. She's won the show twice and shot herself back into showbiz with it. Who better to get a job on the US-XF than Dannii, an original XF judge who has been there longer than Cole, and is widely recognised as probably the best judge and mentor there?

Or does that not fit your Cheryl loving agenda? ;)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wends1502 wrote: »
    Kelly Osbourne talks rubbish most of the time. She has probably been told to say that by her mother.

I tend to agree. Cheryl Cole will do fine if they have sub-titles:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    Don't be so sure about that. For some reason he seems to have the power to make or break someone's career - see his hate campaign against Christina Aguilera. :(

Did that actually have any real impact against Christina and her career?:confused:
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they might.. she has a chance if she tries. Beckham isn't a household name in america.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they might.. she has a chance if she tries. Beckham isn't a household name in america.

Said that in my Previous post :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, she has at least made a success of her life through hard work and wanting to make a better life, rather than pure nepotism eh Kelly?.
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    No, they prefer oil.

Keep your day job....:yawn:
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    For that reasoning, Dannii is equally entitled to a US:XF role. She's won the show twice and shot herself back into showbiz with it. Who better to get a job on the US-XF than Dannii, an original XF judge who has been there longer than Cole, and is widely recognised as probably the best judge and mentor there?

no im up for that aswell :) no joke! if Dannii has got the credentials then why not?
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope they take her to their bosom she becomes the biggest tv star theyve ever had, bigger than the cowell and feted everywhere she goes, then she can be a very happy woman, and make me a very happy woman by staying there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Victoria has not done that well over there. She is known of, but hardly a raging success.

Victoria and David are very well known here. Her clothing line is fantastically successful. I know alot of people don't like her in the UK but really and honestly, she is very successful here and people do know her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvandlife wrote: »
    Victoria and David are very well known here. Her clothing line is fantastically successful. I know alot of people don't like her in the UK but really and honestly, she is very successful here and people do know her.

^this, very well with her clothing range and a lot of stars (angelina, kate, eva longoria, cameron diaz, everyones been pictured in her dresses)
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    i hope they take her to their bosom she becomes the biggest tv star theyve ever had, bigger than the cowell and feted everywhere she goes, then she can be a very happy woman, and make me a very happy woman by staying there.

um she'd never go away if that ever happened. Cheryl will get the female version of knighthood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    um she'd never go away if that ever happened. Cheryl will get the female version of knighthood.

oh bugger lol. didn tthink of that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are know of by people who follow entertainment websites, and fashion etc, but if you ask the average smalltown American who the Beckhams are, they would likely say who? Where someone like Simon Cowell, is instantly well known by most people.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread #8676212 on this topic.

I think everyone is going to be surprised at how well she does. My opinion of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Thread #8676212 on this topic.

I think everyone is going to be surprised at how well she does. My opinion of course.

There is the small case of wether she has the job of course. Despite what people on here and in the press think they know the only people that decide are Simon and Fox TV. So until an announcement is made by them nobody knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    I expected the same old "Girls Aloud aren't big over there", "she has a funny accent", "theres better candidates" ect when the fact is that Cheryl has won the X-Factor twice and made a name out of herself with it.

Who better too get a job on the US X-Factor than an actually X-Factor judge? a damn good one at that!

Is that you Cheryl.

Listen got to say, dont wish to sound a snob (I'm not) but when I was getting on with my Christmas preperations today, had the TV on in the background in the kitchen, and I heard a girl advertising some hair products sounding tbh like she had just stepped off a trawler docking in Newcastle harbour. I thought to myself, thats a bit of comedown from Eva Longoria, what's going on. Then I realised it was you.

If your going to take the US by storm, then take some ELO-CUT-ION lesson's- because the ladies who tend to do well in the US like Emma Watson and Dame Helen Mirren, speak very well-the US love that type of thing.

Saying stuff like ' it make's me hair all shiny (pet)' wont wash.;)

We all want you to do well there, and make it your home.Permanently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are know of by people who follow entertainment websites, and fashion etc, but if you ask the average smalltown American who the Beckhams are, they would likely say who? Where someone like Simon Cowell, is instantly well known by most people.

That's not true at all....Victoria is known because of the Spice Girls which was HUGE here in the States. David is huge because...well he's David Beckham and Bend it Like Beckham made alot of money here in the States. But ok...whatever you say....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not true at all....Victoria is known because of the Spice Girls which was HUGE here in the States. David is huge because...well he's David Beckham and Bend it Like Beckham made alot of money here in the States. But ok...whatever you say....:rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1157380/index.htm

http://www.motleyhealth.com/news/is-david-beckham-americas-biggest-sporting-flop

http://harrypottering.com/gossip/Victorias-appearance-on-American-Idol-a-sad-failure-2813113.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/beckhams-illstarred-la-adventure-is-laid-bare-1669207.html
    Despite being household names in the rest of the world, the couple first realised their failure to crack Hollywood when restaurant staff failed to recognise them, and asked to see photographic ID before they would serve a Pinot Grigio with dinner.

Since "Posh 'n' Becks" aren't in the habit of carrying identification papers with them, they suffered the humiliating experience of being forced to go thirsty.

Wow massive. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria has not done that well over there. She is known of, but hardly a raging success.

Victoria has done extremely well and her profile over there mirrors that. Her fashion line has won awards, sold out in stores both there and here and has been worn by high profile celebs. Which is obviously good for business.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

Dannii may be equally entitled but according to the press she has not even been considered. It's all about Cheryl. Is she or isn't she? That is what is shifting the papers. Even if nothing actually materialises. Perhaps this doesn't fit in with your Cheryl hating agenda. ;)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, you've got to start somewhere. She may not be well-known in the USA but this is Simon's show and if he wants to 'launch' her as a personality over there it will happen. Cat Deeley was known by approx. zero people in America and yet that didn't stop Nigel Lythgoe hiring her to host 'So You Think You Can Dance?'