Options

so stressed out - need to vent

merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
Forum Member
✭✭
so my baby is 16 weeks old. he had gone from sleeping 9pm - 5am to not sleeping longer than an hour. i am breastfeeding so its all on me.

my husband is being really sensitive atm. on sunday i thought it would be nice to spend the day as a family as it was fathers day. bu 3pm he was in tears and said he didn't realise how much i do.

he works an hour and ten minutes away, which means he commutes 2hrs 20 every day. i'm getting out the house but some days (when little one doesn't sleep) its exhausting.

we live in a very rural villiage that only has a pub. when we moved here it was lovely and friendly. 5 years later and the pub had been taken over by an ex-dj from london who plays loud music until 1am. i put a complaint in to environmental heallth about the fact they were disturbing us and not sorting there punters out. met with them to discuss and they refused any responsibility. argh!!!

so now i really want to move house. which we were going to do but found out we were expecting.

i just feel tired, stressed. i dont want to stress hubster out as he commutes and works long days but i need a break and a rest. thats difficult when i am breastfeeding. also the closesr family are 40 mins away.

i'd love to move closer but it makes hubsters commute longer.

just feeling down and stressed. not sure what advice i'm after.

Comments

• Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Are you sure the baby is getting enough breast milk ? It sounds like baba might be hungry .Have you tried giving him a formula feed at night to see if this settles him ?
    It is exhausting to have to deal with a wakeful baby and when we have to do it alone its lonely too .Do you have a Mum who might love to come and stay for a while to help out .?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you have a sincere heart to heart with your mum, if she is alive, or close family about the strain you're feeling? Most people understand what hard work babies are so I don't think they would think badly of you. Perhaps Mum can and will come to stay with you for a bit. I am sorry if you don't have Mum's support and this makes you feel bad. I feel for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Sounds to me like he's teething. Have your tried some calpol?

Babies do stress you out, especially at this age, there is nothing anyone can say because you are just exhausted.
  • Options
    merrybiscuitmerrybiscuit Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah lots of my mummy friends and my mum think he is teething. he only seems to want to pacify on my breast, i bought him a teether dummy and other teethers but he wont take them.

with regards to my mum we only have a two bed house so she cant. she's really supportive. i try and visit her one day every few weeks, but the drive tires me out!

i am expressing, but dont seem to be expressing much and i think its because he's constantly feeding!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    yeah lots of my mummy friends and my mum think he is teething. he only seems to want to pacify on my breast, i bought him a teether dummy and other teethers but he wont take them.

with regards to my mum we only have a two bed house so she cant. she's really supportive. i try and visit her one day every few weeks, but the drive tires me out!

i am expressing, but dont seem to be expressing much and i think its because he's constantly feeding!

I'd recommend trying calpol and/or nurofen and the gels, even if you can't see teeth. It might be worth trying him on formula to supplement breast, see how he goes.
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be that he's not getting enough milk, if you're not expressing much. Try switching to formula? Sometimes the hassle from breastfeeding just really isn't worth it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I thought my day had been bad buy my heart goes to to you. Is there anyway you can buy a guest bed or put u up for your mum to sleep on? The sofa? I am sure she would love to be there to give you some help and support just now. Or can granny take the baby for a few days to give you a wee break? Obviously baby would need to be given formula then.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, big hug ((((((()))))))). Everything that you're dealing with is amplified by your lack of sleep, which is why it probably feels so overwhelming. How far is your mum's place from your husband's workplace? Sounds like having a bit of emotional/psychological/practical support at hers for 10 days or so might help. Try that first, and if you feel calmer, your baby may become less demanding. If that doesn't work, reviewing your feeding patterns may be the way ahead.