The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    I love the new bloke, I just hope he's genuine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I love the new bloke, I just hope he's genuine.

What has he been in before? I know him from somewhere, it's bugging me :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    What has he been in before? I know him from somewhere, it's bugging me :confused:

Eastenders. he played Lucas I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member

Eastenders
    Forum Member
    Don't like him now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kylel wrote: »
    Eastenders
    mrmcc76 wrote: »
    Eastenders. he played Lucas I think.

Of course! Yes! Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    Johnny really gives me the creeps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how right he is, Jonny's continual questioning of his consultant is getting on my nerves!
    Forum Member
    That smirk, what a git!
    Forum Member
    I hope Jac destroys him.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    "Why are you trying to take Emma away from me". Because Jonny, you are trying to take Emma away from Jac - that's what suing for sole custody means and you have said again and again with no evidence that Jac will hurt Emma. She's fighting fire with fire and you've left her no choice.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Johnny keeps saying he is going to take Emma away from Jac, so she has no access but when Jac says he has to have her permission to see Emma she is a monster, guess that makes the pair of them monsters.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair - when Jac was being cold/manipulative so Jonny felt used in the whole relationship - rather than letting herself be vulnerable....

Bad blood on both sides.

And yet another kid is used as a weapon..
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as Jonny said he was going to get Emma away from Jac with or without her permission he should have expected her to take action on that... Him saying that made it sound as if he would go as far as to leave the country with Emma when she was with him, and given how irrationally he's been acting I can totally see why Jac would take that threat seriously.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    "Why are you trying to take Emma away from me". Because Jonny, you are trying to take Emma away from Jac - that's what suing for sole custody means and you have said again and again with no evidence that Jac will hurt Emma. She's fighting fire with fire and you've left her no choice.

Exactly, Jac had no intention of taking Emma away from Jonny until he started talking about getting Emma away from her at all costs.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    As soon as Jonny said he was going to get Emma away from Jac with or without her permission he should have expected her to take action on that... Him saying that made it sound as if he would go as far as to leave the country with Emma when she was with him, and given how irrationally he's been acting I can totally see why Jac would take that threat seriously.
    Absolutely. The court takes that type of threat extremely seriously.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonny has completely lost it - at least Elliot called him on it at long last. Jac did nothing wrong by setting her solicitor on him - he pushed her all the way, including trying to destroy her career.

He is the evil, sick, twisted one - not Jac. And now she has Paula to contend with as well. Lovely. Oh yes, and she had to suffer a lecture in incompetence from Mr Self Important, to boot. She's too good for the whole lot of them.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this new guy has certainly livened up the place and Mo getting a bit more to do on another ward is working well. Just need to dump this dreadful Jonny story line and things may be looking up.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well. To be honest, Jac and Jonny have been so overexposed that it's hard to care about another case of them taking it in turns to soften just as the other person hardens. I agree Jonny's speech at the end was hypocritical. His telling the patient's family the truth, despite his ulterior motive, is fairly hard to condemn, although his speech following it made him sound like a maniac. (Didn't realise he was as buff as the boxing scene showed.) Was Jac seriously blaming Jonny for the operation being delayed even though Elliot agreed with him and does she actually consider respecting a patient's wishes, however misguided, "compromising herself"? It's reached the point where Jac's mother turning up just feels like another OTT plot twist. Talking of which, anyone else feel that Bonnie is now magnificently irrelevant, bar throwaway lines about Jonny grieving, I don't think her name's been mentioned since the episode after she died. (Okay, that's only two episodes but still.)

I'm not a fan of Serena but it seems her position as Guy's deputy consists of a fancy job title and no real power, given the way he keeps overruling her. Jesse came across as a showboater and possibly even crazy, can't see him lasting long, no idea why he latched onto Arthur. Colette continues to wander through scenes without really contributing anything. Whilst it would take a lot to make me dislike Arthur, I'm slightly disappointed he passed off Dominic and Zosia's ideas as his own, although he slightly redeemed himself in theatre and by standing up to Jesse.

Mo actually did some work, ironic she had to be in AAU to do it. Not sure if that E-plot about losing their transplant status is going to see a change in her character or what. Adele answering the phone seemed like it was going to be relevant somehow but I guess not unless it was somehow about the radio show. Increasingly hard to like the character, if she's posing as a doctor on radio that seems irresponsible at best, is it ever going to be mentioned again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you guys fill me in over what happened with Jac and her mother. I vaguely remember a kidney transplant or something?
    Forum Member
    Jonny has completely lost it - at least Elliot called him on it at long last. Jac did nothing wrong by setting her solicitor on him - he pushed her all the way, including trying to destroy her career.

He is the evil, sick, twisted one - not Jac. And now she has Paula to contend with as well. Lovely. Oh yes, and she had to suffer a lecture in incompetence from Mr Self Important, to boot. She's too good for the whole lot of them.

Yes, what a different story it would have been if it were one of Self's pets that was being victimized by another colleague leading to the possibility of a negligence case. Why wasn't Jonny given a dressing down for having delayed the operation and I got the impression they couldn't put it off any longer thanks to her crafty ****.

I really wish Jac had turned round and said she'd rather anybody else was Emma's father.

Jesse was okay but I can see the grand standing and singing getting annoying quickly. Is Adele pretending to be Mo? Surely they wouldn't have hired her if she'd been honest about being an HCA?
    Forum Member
    Yes from a purely shallow perspective Jonny does have a very nice upper body and arms as demonstrated in that boxing scene.
  • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post. sorry !
  • Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After bitter fighting with Jac and Jonny, I know Jac can seem cold-blooded, detached and devious at times but when it comes to her daughter, she is a good and loving mother and vulnerable woman, but a brilliant doctor who serves the patient's medical interest and prognosis well . At this stage, Jonny is being such an uber moron. He was the one initiating the fact that he wants custody and wanted Emma to be far away as possible. Jac really was pushed into a corner and she really had no choice and I think she called her lawyer as an absolute last resort. Both Jac and Jonny were making progress of sorting out Emma's visitation. Jonny was being so petty that he can't even go to medical appointments for his daughter's sake with Jac and just call it a truce for that occasion. He also acted unprofessionally by consistently undermining Jac's diagnosis of the patient in front of the patient and the family, its disgraceful.What a twerp!

I really feel for Jac, now that horrid mother of hers has returned, obviously she has come to cause havoc in Jac's life and align herself with Jonny in the custody battle.

I thought the new anaesthetist was going to turn into a psycho in the way he he was about to throw Digby of the ledge. I quite like him and he seems like a potentially fascinating character with abit of instability and darkness and comic relief thrown in.

It was interesting to note that Colette doesn't think Digby will make it as a neuro-surgeon. It will be interesting to see how he fares. It gives an indication that he will be back on Keller before too long. It will be interesting to see Zosia and Dominic dynamic as well.

I enjoyed Mo's scenes, she definitely livens up the place and its interesting to see her on AAU which has been seriously like this whole series imo
    Forum Member
    I hope Adele gets found out before she gives bad medical advice and someone dies.

Jac finds it hard to give anyone her heart as she's been so badly hurt in the past, but with Emma it's different.
This discussion has been closed.