Options

Does anyone shave their head?

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
So it is bald.

If so how often do you shave it to keep it bald?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I keep my hair cropped, every three weeks. If you want the bald look, then it will have to become a daily routine, like shaving.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother in law does as he has badly receding hair at only 30. He does what he calls a "360" shave which is head/face/neck about every 3rd day.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    number 1 every couple of days
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to, keep it zero cropped now
    when I shaved it did it every other day
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not far off. Grade 1 with the clippers every 3 weeks or so. I did once forget to put the comb guide on the clippers, though, and had go ahead and do the lot like that. It was actually alright, but I probably won't do that again.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shave mine without the guard once a week. I used to bic my head, but I am clumsy and cut my ear too many times. I still bic it before I go to Spain though.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    My partner shaves his head with a razor every other day. He used to do a #1 every day but now its razor cut and obviously closer, if he did that every day it would irritate his scalp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I shave mine without the guard once a week. I used to bic my head, but I am clumsy and cut my ear too many times. I still bic it before I go to Spain though.
    My better half is clumsy too but he uses Gillette sensor sensitive with the razor that vibrates and he's never had any problems. I sometimes shave it for him too and it is really smooth. Neither of us has ever give him a nick.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    My better half is clumsy too but he uses Gillette sensor sensitive with the razor that vibrates and he's never had any problems. I sometimes shave it for him too and it is really smooth. Neither of us has ever give him a nick.

Ah thanks for the tip :)
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do it every six weeks or so, only went completely baldy twice :D
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wet shave my head every week. I didn't like the monkeys arse look of a bald patch or the hair at the back and sides look so off it all went.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah thanks for the tip :)

You're welcome :D
  • Options
    Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Wahl Pro clippers - a number 1 on top, and a 0.5mm for back and sides.

It's a little bit of a clart, and I'm well clumsy sat like a little fat Buddha on the bathroom floor as I do it. That said with patience it works extremely well, and Wahl clippers really are excellent for the DIY haircutter..and exceptionally safe and kind if a bit cack-handed like me.

Just a bit lazy in maintaining it I admit - so typically do the full job again about once every 6 or 7 weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I keep my hair at 3 millimeters length. I don’t think I’ll be comfortable with the bald look but I like to keep my hair short.
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wet shave every other day, used to have grade one but more hassle to keep doing that than shaving properly.
  • Options
    _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Enyone tried those hair clippers that fit in the palm of your hand like a bar of soap? I don't have my hair clipped, but they look like fun.