Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    Is it not unlikely that Bethany keeps popping up at the most inopportune moments simply to shove her oar in and be objectionable? And highly unlikely that so many mean spirited horrible people should live on the same street. The whole lot of them are making Carla's and Gail's lives a misery at the moment like a pack of hungry wolves >:(

This, unfortunately is Blackburn's trademark, bring in an unlikeable gobby, nasty and downright rude characters, such as Maddie, Tina and in Emmerdale, Amy, shove them down the viewers throats 24/7 by shoehorning them into each and every scene and they are there for life unless they decide thy have had enough and want to leave.

Cannot stand Bethany and her mother is no better. pair of old crows.
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its as if they threw in the bit about the bedroom to mess with our minds. :D

she's probably lieing. Craig must share with his aunt and Chesney
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Have you forgotten that all the houses on that side of the street share a common loft? Les used it for a spot of burglary. (No, the other Les who was a part time burglar).

So a lot of them sleep in campbeds up in the loft. The two children are left up there until one or other needs to be produced on ritual occasions. Fiz definitely didn't take any children with her. Unless she's popped back to pick one or two up, and nobody's noticed.

It's the only explanation, never thought about the campbeds in the loft, Eileen must use it a lot as well:D
    Fiz definitely went off alone, I remember them waving her off, yet they've never been seen since. Will be interesting to see if she returns alone, and we're expected to believe that they've been here all along!
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    It's the only explanation, never thought about the campbeds in the loft, Eileen must use it a lot as well:D
    Fiz definitely went off alone, I remember them waving her off, yet they've never been seen since. Will be interesting to see if she returns alone, and we're expected to believe that they've been here all along!

Tyrone will have been working at the garage every day since and we've seen him out for the curry nights and at the pub, surely he can't have the kids unless he has a 24/7 babysitter?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    She said Kal's funeral would be on Friday (so tonight?..... who knows). Leanne was given a piece of cloth to wear, though whether it was a sari or scarf we have yet to see.

Madden's funeral hasn't even been planned yet. Why do I have a nagging suspicion that the coffin will be carried on an elephant?

Thankyou - I can't have been listening properly :blush:
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He took the kids to Fizz some time ago.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Have you forgotten that all the houses on that side of the street share a common loft? Les used it for a spot of burglary. (No, the other Les who was a part time burglar).

So a lot of them sleep in campbeds up in the loft. The two children are left up there until one or other needs to be produced on ritual occasions. Fiz definitely didn't take any children with her. Unless she's popped back to pick one or two up, and nobody's noticed.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Tyrone will have been working at the garage every day since and we've seen him out for the curry nights and at the pub, surely he can't have the kids unless he has a 24/7 babysitter?

its jenny :o

truly madly bradley abducted them months ago and jack is next on her hit list
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Was Ken offered a ham sandwich at a Muslim funeral service?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

big oops if he was. they dont eat pork
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can swear Todd was holding the wrong part of his face after he was punched.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was a bit weird having sandwiches at all - wouldn't they prepare Indian food? I can't imagine them going to Roy's Rolls for the catering in reality.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Tyrone has mentioned them both being with Fizz. In real life I imagine the social services would be interested in a toddler sent to live with a non relative.[/QUOTE]

And the toddler's mother would have done her time by now, been rehabilitated and wanting her child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been mentioned as to why Simon Boorlow isn't at all bothered as to Maddeh's death? Considering they were really close not too long ago, much like he was with Tina.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cabaret night at the bistro. Starring The Grimshaws, Soppy cow Julie and I'm free!/What a gay day Sean :D

Does Dev finish with Julie?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been mentioned as to why Simon Boorlow isn't at all bothered as to Maddeh's death? Considering they were really close not too long ago, much like he was with Tina.

Good point. He spent a lot of time playing football and interacting with Maddie and they seemed far closer then he was with old arsey face who was shagging his dad.
  • BriantilsleyBriantilsley Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »

I thought the same
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the same

Yup, punched on left chops, clutching right! :D
  • swillswill Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Why was Dev wearing that white Muslim dress and not a suit?

I thought he was Hindu - near enough for Blackburn I suppose... :rolleyes:
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member

I think Gary just said "Sandwich, Ken?" At which I quipped to the missus, surely it's "Sandwich, Kent".
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    swill wrote: »
    Why was Dev wearing that white Muslim dress and not a suit?

I thought he was Hindu - near enough for Blackburn I suppose... :rolleyes:
    Hindus mourn in white too.
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Cabaret night at the bistro. Starring The Grimshaws, Soppy cow Julie and I'm free!/What a gay day Sean :D

Does Dev finish with Julie?

What was going on there? Why would you take somebody over the road to dump them in front of all the neighbours and then change your mind and go home? Or wasn't he dumping her at all ? :confused:
    Where was Julie supposed to go to when Dev swanned off? I thought she lived with him as his "common law wife" ?
  • paulinejonespaulinejones Posts: 153
    Forum Member

I thought that too, so replayed it again in slow motion, Jason did punch him on the side he was holding.
  • swillswill Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Hindus mourn in white too.

Yes, but Dev normally wears a suit to Christian or atheist funerals. Isn't it a bit weird he'd dress that way. Perhaps Blackburn has changed his religion.....
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    swill wrote: »
    Yes, but Dev normally wears a suit to Christian or atheist funerals. Isn't it a bit weird he'd dress that way. Perhaps Blackburn has changed his religion.....

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Why didn't Eileen just tell thingyboyfriend she wanted to go somewhere else? You wouldn't just hang around and wait for the other boyfriend to turn up. She could have got "sudden tummy troubles" like Gail before the non wedding. :D
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Todd's cleared off without even telling Tracy who he works for.

His revolting behaviour to his own mother and brother simply didn't ring true. Why would he do that to his closest family? That was as cruel as a son could be to his mum but just did not come across as remotely authentic. Talk about a total character transplant. Eileen should have ripped that red top off his shoulders. They seemed to play her as stunned into inaction. I hated it when he started calling his mum by her name Eileen more than once during his showdown, in just the same way they make David do with Gail. It's a very odd thing CS are doing there, not once but twice now. A definite SOR.

Followed by the final departure taxi cliche for the 4,857th time.
This discussion has been closed.