Options

Corrie last night: Embarassing

foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I love Corrie but it was awful last night.

Eileen and Michael - Were those scenes meant to be funny or serious? They came across as forced and awkward

The 'extras' scene in the bistro - Come on Corrie, what were you thinking. I know they were extra's, but they were hardly the best mimics in the world

Liz - I LOVE Liz but even she is overacting at the moment. When she is being all dramatic with Sean, I wish they would find someone else to share those scenes with her because he cannot carry off anything serious

Corrie is not in the best of shape at the moment, as everyone knows. After the fire I thought things might improve but alas, not yet.

Only bright spark for me is Carla as usual - I really hope they don't drag out the misplaced blame for her and that Tracey gets her just desserts, SOON!!!

Comments

• Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I've recently started watching after a break of a year or so (minus the odd ep here and there) and I found last nights episodes dreadful. The writing is awful, Les Dennis is awful, the acting in general is awful.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »

Eileen and Michael - Were those scenes meant to be funny or serious? They came across as forced and awkward...!

I was thinking they'd make a good couple, and then they suddeny decided they both wanted to have it off.

I thought maybe Eileen would push Michael away in disgust - but she didn't.:o
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I really LOVED the first episode. I laughed in many places not least ...'Next time......try to be funny!' It was classic Corrie. I think someone called Jonathan Harvey wrote it. Kudos.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

Eileen and Michael - Were those scenes meant to be funny or serious? They came across as forced and awkward

The 'extras' scene in the bistro - Come on Corrie, what were you thinking. I know they were extra's, but they were hardly the best mimics in the world

Liz - I LOVE Liz but even she is overacting at the moment. When she is being all dramatic with Sean, I wish they would find someone else to share those scenes with her because he cannot carry off anything serious

Corrie is not in the best of shape at the moment, as everyone knows. After the fire I thought things might improve but alas, not yet.

Only bright spark for me is Carla as usual - I really hope they don't drag out the misplaced blame for her and that Tracey gets her just desserts, SOON!!!

The extras were dreadful! And which of them actually PAID for the meal? The woman just walked off and the guy didn't seem to pay either! I thought there'd be a scene where Steph chased after him!
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed it a lot, I think it has been one of the better episodes we've had recently. I enjoyed the stuff with Leanne and Simon, though that would be down to the acting, not so much the writing. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Les Dennis is really a hopeless actor, he cannot do drunk or dramatic as we found out last night, but I still did find those scenes with Eileen and Gail hilarious.

The rest of it was dire though, especially the scenes with Liz McMutton.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it funny that clinically obese 'Des Lennis'
    and Big Eileen decided to grapple on the tiny sofa
    rather than take it to the bedroom,where two people
    of their size would obviously have been better off!
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »
    Did you have to? Michael and Eileen in the bedroom? I now have a picture polluting my head which I doubt will go away. Horrible thought. Really horrible thought.:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was so cringey. At least last Monday's photo album scenes were hilarious in a funny way. Last night's were funny in a very bad way.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I really LOVED the first episode. I laughed in many places not least ...'Next time......try to be funny!' It was classic Corrie. I think someone called Jonathan Harvey wrote it. Kudos.

I loved the death stare Jenny gave him after that line. She turns psychopathic at the drop of a hat :D
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And don't forget the object from Simon hitting goggle eyes on the back of her head and then her having a massive mark on her face (that kept chaning in intensity!)
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member

Haven't watched last night's yet - but as Harvey wrote it, I'm not surprised in the least - dreadful writer who writes like he's still on Gimme Gimme Gimme
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member

I wasn't sure if we were meant to be laughing or taking it seriously, either. Bit awkward for me, too.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rkid wrote: »
    And don't forget the object from Simon hitting goggle eyes on the back of her head and then her having a massive mark on her face (that kept chaning in intensity!)

Simon aka Damien from the Omen. :eek:

He's so scary to look at. :eek:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Yep, loved it, it's really on the up and up, the only soap I am watching religiously now. Cant wait to see Gails face when she finds out exactly what put him in hospital :D
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was pretty dreadful lol.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon's face when he was shouting at Leanne looked like a devil's mask. Another s/l that came and will go from nowhere. As for his "dummy run" across to Leanne when he was going to bed, how old is this boy supposed to be? He looks about 17.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it funny probably because it was so bad :)
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »

They're chubby, they're hardly 50 stone.

VoodooChic wrote: »
    Haven't watched last night's yet - but as Harvey wrote it, I'm not surprised in the least - dreadful writer who writes like he's still on Gimme Gimme Gimme

GGG was a million times better than this tripe.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Gail hugging Eileen was just awful.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Les Dennis is really a hopeless actor, he cannot do drunk or dramatic as we found out last night,.....

or, indeed, anything else!
  • Options
    Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    I "love" that after everything Micheal went through it was getting on with Eileen that nearly did him in.
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Whether its the acting, script or both (I recon both) but there's just no emotion in any of the characters. The lack of emotion or urgency in the fire scenes were beyond bad. Sophie has just lost her girlfriend but she might as well have lost 20p for all the emotion she's showing. Eileen is so cut up about her fella dumping her that she dives on top of her neighbours drunken husband. Theres nothing there any more.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedy on Corrie is a good think but that was simply cringeworthy and embarrasing, it was so forced.

Corrie is in a bad place at the moment, so come on folks lets be honest, can it get any worse, and perhaps more to the point why do we still watch it, out of habit in my case
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I came on the forum to find a thread like this. I honestly never noticed what a joke it is!!

- Evil Curly Simon, WTF? That evil glare, it's like he's possessed!
    - Leanne's Bruise- I know he lobbed it at her hard, but that was one hell of a mark.
    - Is Ken that stupid? Curly Si is acting all sketchy and Leanne has a smashed in face.. 2 & 2 together?
    - Where's Janice and Toyah? Leanne just lost her boyfriend.
    - Why has nobody noticed that Michael is Les Dennis? The irony of him preaching about pretending to be someone else.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail and Eileen did give us some funny lines but the situation itself felt contrived. They originally took against each other when Todd came out as gay but the show keeps revisiting it as if it's some epic feud when both should've moved on by now and accepted the fact they were just supporting their kids. Pat n Peggy they aint. I know Gail was homophobic towards Todd years later but that itself was out of character and contrived.