cundy/irani/talksport thickos!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
Forum Member
is it me or are jason cundy and ronnie irani the worst talksport presenters ever.........ive listened to talk since the early days of scott chisem and anna rayburn,but these two are making me listen to 5 live!!!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!:mad:

Comments

• 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    Says the guy who can't even spell Scott Chisholm or Anna Raeburn correctly...
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever 4-4-2...he's still got a point.

But who's there when you do tune to 5live?

Richard Bacon!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »

Yup, Blandcon does spoil the argument a bit. Who's that guy on Talkboll...sport who used to be on radio 5? I genuinelly thought I'd tuned in to radio 5 when I heard him. Ye gods, a guy with intelligence on TalkB??? Still, there's always Stan Collymore to even up the average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irani and Cundy would get my vote for the worst on talkSPORT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 try and have an opinion on ds instead of slagging peoples spelling. you obviously no who i meant..............its not a smelling test............sorry spelling test:eek:
  • ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    First impressions count for a lot.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »

Standing in for victoria derbyshire!!!!;)

Although i must say irani has proved disappointing thought he would get better with time,the breakfat show is still listenable as alan brazil often puts him down,ronnie walks straight into alans put downs.

So as long as alan brazil presents i will stil listen despite or even because of ronnie.

Jason cundy is just as bad,what a win double eh.:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irani - Buffoon, but harmless

Cundy, could - and I mean could - be ok, if he had a Saggers type alongside him
  • Gideon HGideon H Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I would argue that the two of them could be very good if paired up with the right partner. Cundy would be good alongside Porky, and Irani... no, scratch that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    jonboy001 wrote: »
    is it me or are jason cundy and ronnie irani the worst talksport presenters ever.........ive listened to talk since the early days of scott chisem and anna rayburn,but these two are making me listen to 5 live!!!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!:mad:

Get your self over to the talksport thread you will find plenty of like minded people regarding forementioned presenters.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say that Jason Cundy was thick tbf; he is very articulate & knows what he is talking about (in a fashion); but his biggest problem is his pigheadedness.

He has this overwhelming desire to continually force his opinions upon people repeatedly, as if his opinion is correct & no-one else can offer a different one.

Mr Irani is not too bright IMHO.

He was appalling when he first started on TS; so much so that I stopped listening to the breakfast show.

Nowadays when I conduct my little quality checks to see if the show is more listenable, I can say that his broadcasting skills have improved, but he's still not the brightest & is too over reliant on the internet to make up for his lack of knowledge or to appear like someone who knows what he is talking about, hence I still can't listen to the show fully whilst he is on air.
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie Irani has done a pretty good job of helping to boost TalkSport's ratings making it one of the most successful commercial radio stations in the UK. He gets a negative review from a minority of people but millions cannot be wrong.

Jason Cundy does an excellent and professional job in whatever capacity he is employed. Alongside Andy Goldstein or any other presenter he is popular and brings a good knowledge of the game with a witty turn of opinion. Again a minority of opinion does not like him but he has a really wide range of media talent on television as well as radio and well done to him.

As stated anyone who favours 5 Live: Richard Bacon, enough said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    jonboy001 wrote: »
    is it me or are jason cundy and ronnie irani the worst talksport presenters ever!!!

I see your Cundy and Irani and raise you Darren Gough.

It must be an act. Because I cannot believe that someone who has travelled around the world for so many years as a sportsman can be so ill informed on almost every subject outside of cricket.
  • Wolfie SmithWolfie Smith Posts: 5,531
    Forum Member
    k-bola wrote: »
    Ronnie Irani has done a pretty good job of helping to boost TalkSport's ratings making it one of the most successful commercial radio stations in the UK. He gets a negative review from a minority of people but millions cannot be wrong.

Jason Cundy does an excellent and professional job in whatever capacity he is employed. Alongside Andy Goldstein or any other presenter he is popular and brings a good knowledge of the game with a witty turn of opinion. Again a minority of opinion does not like him but he has a really wide range of media talent on television as well as radio and well done to him.

Thank you, Ronald Irani.
    Forum Member

RE Irani: You say "millions can't be wrong". I note the plural of the word million, yet talkSPORT's breakfast show reaches just over one million listeners. This is not "millions".

As for Richard Bacon, millions can't be wrong either. 5 Live gets around 3 times the audience talkSPORT does.
  • k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    RE Irani: You say "millions can't be wrong". I note the plural of the word million, yet talkSPORT's breakfast show reaches just over one million listeners. This is not "millions".

As for Richard Bacon, millions can't be wrong either. 5 Live gets around 3 times the audience talkSPORT does.

The BBC is not a commercial radio station.
    Also millions read the Sun but that does not make it a good paper whereas TalkSport is an excellent radio station listened to daily by millions both analogue, digital and online.

Well done TalkSport for the recent success and let's hope for many more years to come!
    Forum Member
    The BBC is not a commercial radio station.
    Also millions read the Sun but that does not make it a good paper whereas TalkSport is an excellent radio station listened to daily by millions both analogue, digital and online.

Well done TalkSport for the recent success and let's hope for many more years to come!

So what if the BBC is not commercial? You're the one who mentioned Richard Bacon.

talkSPORT is listened to by 2.5 million listeners each week. The way you spin it, you make it sound like it's listened to by 25 million.

Have you ever considered going into PR?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    cundy sums up Talk**it, london /chelsea biased drivell, i put him alongside that other buffoon "jacobs" another prat who talks through his blue rose tinted glasses

god help us when this shower of sh** get more commentary on prem matches, we will have to put up will stan sillymore, and his ear wrenching verball bo****s

any body who thinks this overated bloated station with jabba the tw** as the face of breakfast, is better than 5 live, is more fool them

gone are the days when this station had "decent" broadcasters

wright/jacobs/cundy/durham/brazil the abzorbalof/irani and worst of all that moose

i remember years ago when 1053/1089 was permantly locked to my car radio (thats radio 1)

now its a huge converbelt of medium wave nonsense
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    I can't listen to TS during the day.....it's full of needless shouting

Nightime presenters have more sensitvity with the listeners
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    You can add darren gough to that list.Why do all these presenters believe that we're interested in their opinion.Durham & Gough has just become a daily rant,taking virtually no phonecalls and ranting on about this or that celebrity.Talksport more like talksh.te.Unfortunately if you turn over to 5 live you've got gabby logan followed by r.bacon.Radio 4 anybody.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

On what are you basing that wild claim then?
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On what are you basing that wild claim then?

Mapperley, if you have a gander at k-bola's posts in the talkSPORT Chat thread, you'd see that he comes over as being a wind up merchant ever so slighty.

I mean, I'd consider myself as having a positive opinion of talkSPORT, but even I can't believe some of the things he praises the station for! :D

But nevertheless, to address his claim with perhaps more seriousness than he intended it - I guess it all depends how you define the word successful.

If you are talking about having millions of listeners, then it depends which sum you derive as being good for a station with the size and resources of talkSPORT.

But I believe talkSPORT are a success in the terms of how far they've come over the years.

Ten years ago, Talk Radio had a mismashed audience and weren't making much in the way of advertising revenue as it was difficult for advertisers to target who were listening to the station; now, their audience is very specific and attractive to advertisers and so they make much more in advertising revenue than they ever did as Talk Radio.

Ten years ago, they were locked out of even placing a bid to buy rights to Euro 2000 and had to settle for unofficial coverage; now, they have smashed the BBC's monopoly over Premier League football and have full official rights to the World Cup finals.

So in those terms I'd say they are one of the most successful commercial stations around at the moment - they're doing very well from advertising revenue, product sales and sponsorship deals, and have been successful in positioning themselves as a serious competitor to Five Live in the radio football rights market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    So in those terms I'd say they are one of the most successful commercial stations around at the moment - they're doing very well from advertising revenue, product sales and sponsorship deals, and have been successful in positioning themselves as a serious competitor to Five Live in the radio football rights market.

Yes, in those terms talkSPORT may be deemed a success.

The alternative view would be that most of it's output is dire, more suited to CBeebies, and as a sports news station it's a waste of a frequency.

All sucess is relative.