Can't believe what's happened -just had both our cars vandalised by trick or treaters

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
Forum Member
I'm still coming to terms with what's just happened about half an hour ago. I'm on my own here at home and I heard the doorbell ring and some giggling coming from the porch. I knew it was trick or treaters, and since we don't have any appropriate 'treats' in the house I decided to not answer the door, otherwise I'd end up having to give money and it sounded like there were several of them there. Unfortunately, however, I had lots of lights on in the house, so they would've known someone was in.
After about half a minute I heard a lot more noise coming from outside, lots of laughing and shouting. It sounded like these people could've been anything from 11 to 15/16. Anyway after a minute of so after the noise had died down I went outside just to check nothing had been done to my property, only to find that BOTH our cars have been keyed down the whole of one side. :mad::mad::mad: I dread to imagine how much this is going to cost to have them resprayed, especially since it covers all the panels on one side of both vehicles. Absolute scum. :mad:

Comments

• HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go and look for them, and mow them down...
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henderson wrote: »
    Go and look for them, and mow them down...

I would!
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    yeah call the cops and get a crime number at least. if enough people did that we might get this silly shit banned.
  • trolleydollytrolleydolly Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    you should have gave them some money then
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paint some wellies silver and leave them outside your front door so they think Gary Glitter lives there!:D
    Seriously, I agree - tell the police, but maybe not on the emergency number. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Bloody halloween, my parents are incredibly dull, and refuse to hand out the sweets that they bought for them anyway, I think its as my dad wants to eat them himself. As a result, I'm stuck in the dark, as we don't want to show anyone we're in. :D
  • Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you would like to see blackmail legalized then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You really are just an unpleasant troll, aren't you? Your comments on any thread just seem to be designed to wind people up. You never contribute anything of any interest or use yourself.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trick or treating should be carried out by kids 10 or under. This is just a blatent excuse for teenagers to beg for money and cause vandalism.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really are just an unpleasant troll, aren't you? Your comments on any thread just seem to be designed to wind people up. You never contribute anything of any interest or use yourself.

Well said.
  • trolleydollytrolleydolly Posts: 203
    Forum Member

how dare you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    I'm going to speak to the neighbours and see if they saw anything or met the yobs who did this. Really upset about this, just dreading how much it's going to cost. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you would like to see blackmail legalized then?

Not really "blackmail" since the OP did nothing to be ashamed of. The phrase that sprang to my mind was "protection racket". ;)
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats a shame. Its kids like them that spoil it for the kids doing who it for fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *HB* wrote: »
    I'm going to speak to the neighbours and see if they saw anything or met the yobs who did this. Really upset about this, just dreading how much it's going to cost. :(

I don't blame you, I would be absolutely livid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may want to check in the morning that it was just those 2 cars...they may have done it just for the hell of it, and other cars along the road as well.

What scumbags though..
  • azaleaazalea Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I feel for you it's a awful thing to happen, try the police on the non emergency number and see if you can get a crime number. I hope one day these kind of people buy a nice car and someone does exactly what they have done to yours to it. What goes around comes around and all that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are these kids brought up? I would never have dared ever damage anyones property.. I wish they could be caught and made to pay for it OP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately because we live in a so called society where this kind of mindless vandalism isn't really considered a crime even if the police can be bothered to turn up (which is very doubtful) the most these morons will get is a telling off.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know how you feel OP. I posted earlier about a mate of mine who returned home to find three of his tyres slashed. His neighbours said they heard the 'little darlings' say something along the lines of "the c**t will have to be taxed" because the light is on his house and nobody answered the door.

The police aren't even bothered, apparently it isn't vandalism but kids being kids. They'll be calling around in the morning to take a statement, which now means he'll be missing a days work too.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why should he??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want your kids to go trick or treating then sell up and move to America.
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *HB* wrote: »

Call the police and get a crime number at least :(

Asses!:mad:
  • camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    Did the Op actually see the kids doing the damage or do they just presume they did the damage? If the kids were actually seen causing damage why were they not stopped seeing as they were only between 11-16 years of age.
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really cross on your behalf OP. I can't imagine what goes through the mind of people that do that sort of thing.

Definitely report it to the police as others have said. I dare say they won't catch the little scrotes but it's good to have such things on record.

That sort of behaviour is exactly why I'm at the back of my house right now - no lights on at the front at all so no little shites will bother to ring my doorbell.