Options

The Voice viewing figures....

MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wonder what viewing figures are for The Voice... and presumably the BBC must be happy if they're having another series!

Comments

• Options
    ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm.. have you not bothered too look at the Ratings Thread? The semi final last night scraped just 4.5 million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shellman wrote: »
    Erm.. have you not bothered too look at the Ratings Thread? The semi final last night scraped just 4.5 million.
    Obviously not... otherwise I wouldn't have been asking! ;)
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    It's been in freefall, from 10m to 4.5 in weeks. It was the same in the US this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, InMyArms! :)
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a two year deal anyway, so it would have been something of a surprise if it had not taken place.

Clearly the live shows need a complete re-think. If they return the same then we wont see a third series.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show has become really bad I watched it last night from behind the sofa the singing was that bad. Tonight never watched it preferred the company of friends and having a BBQ. won't watch it again. Hope the BBC scrap it
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beeb would win the respect of viewers if they 'rested' this format for 12 months. It clearly has failed to capture the British viewing public - no amount of good weather would keep viewers from a semi final if the show was popular!

A relaunch - maybe with the main show on a weekday and the results REALLY live on Saturday nights, might gain the audience that the BBC expected but, as things stand - and despite Danny Cohen saying "the ratings are up and down", when they are, in fact, only DOWN - the show will flop like So You Think You Can Dance, The One & Only, Dance X, Strictly Dance Fever etc.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shellman wrote: »

The figures for the finals will be even worse.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    The figures for the finals will be even worse.

HMM i think it will be better but not that much, maybe 5m
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    no amount of good weather would keep viewers from a semi final if the show was popular!

I seriously hope you don't speak for all of Great Britain. I'd hate to think I live in a country that prizes a TV show more than a day out in wonderful weather.

Even if its popular, who wouldn't record it and watch it later, when they've got the rare opportunity to go out in clear blue skies and a roaring sun?

You can timeshift TV. You can't timeshift the sun.
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the final will have about 6.5 million. It is in a later timeslot and usually people want to see who wins. The ratings have been a disaster for the show though. It just lost its spark when it went to live shows.
  • Options
    barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    I think the final will have about 6.5 million. It is in a later timeslot and usually people want to see who wins. The ratings have been a disaster for the show though. It just lost its spark when it went to live shows.

I won't say a disaster but very disappointing.

The problem is that it peaked so high at the start, the only way was down.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    As said before there is a ratings thread...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659966&page=11
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I seriously hope you don't speak for all of Great Britain. I'd hate to think I live in a country that prizes a TV show more than a day out in wonderful weather.

Even if its popular, who wouldn't record it and watch it later, when they've got the rare opportunity to go out in clear blue skies and a roaring sun?

You can timeshift TV. You can't timeshift the sun.

Hi Helbore! :)

Ok, I am a peely-wally Scot (pale and uninteresting:rolleyes:) so the sun does little for me - and the hayfever is through the roof up here. But on a Saturday millions would have had the best part of the day to enjoy the lovely weather. If a semi final of a show really mattered I think many WOULD come indoors to watch, maybe to have a break from the rays for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    This show has become really bad I watched it last night from behind the sofa the singing was that bad. Tonight never watched it preferred the company of friends and having a BBQ. won't watch it again. Hope the BBC scrap it

Are your initials SC by any chance? :D
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Are your initials SC by any chance? :D

It could be LW.:D
  • Options
    SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice had 4.49million viewers on Saturday :eek: ....... its sinking faster than the Titanic.

I wouldn't want to be Danny Cohen when the bigwigs drag him in for a grilling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The results show yesterday got 4.67 million. Only slightly up on Saturday in a time better slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone stick a fork into this turkey ......... cause it is done!!!
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    The results show yesterday got 4.67 million. Only slightly up on Saturday in a time better slot.

The core audience has definitely been dropping week on week, ignoring scheduling and clashes. Mirroring other countries. The flaws in the format and the way contestants perform and are eliminated works against people sticking with the show. Or getting invested in any of the contestants. The majority barely seemed to even be there.

I'll be interested in what the final gets. Obviously more interest and a better time-slot, but again the format problems. As this is actually the first time the teams have competed against each other, how much does anyone care?

No rivalry has been established, no ongoing ups or downs, so as far as the viewer is concerned it might as well be a lottery for the final. They haven't been tested against each other, there is no story in that sense for any of them.

The format really is quite bonkers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't even watched the show for weeks ......
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Bananafish wrote: »
    The core audience has definitely been dropping week on week, ignoring scheduling and clashes. Mirroring other countries. The flaws in the format and the way contestants perform and are eliminated works against people sticking with the show. Or getting invested in any of the contestants. The majority barely seemed to even be there.

I'll be interested in what the final gets. Obviously more interest and a better time-slot, but again the format problems. As this is actually the first time the teams have competed against each other, how much does anyone care?

No rivalry has been established, no ongoing ups or downs, so as far as the viewer is concerned it might as well be a lottery for the final. They haven't been tested against each other, there is no story in that sense for any of them.

The format really is quite bonkers.

But the format is so obviously flawed, why on earth was the BBC gagging to get hold of it? e.g. getting rid of eight contestants in two weeks risible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the format is so obviously flawed, why on earth was the BBC gagging to get hold of it? e.g. getting rid of eight contestants in two weeks risible.

Because Endemol were involved, so the assumption is they know what they are doing. But the attrition rate of contestants is ridiculous ....... 10 acts per coach ........... thats a ridiculous number.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't even watched the show for weeks ......

Yet you found in your heart to give in-depth analysis of Ruth Brown, Jaz Ellington and created and participated in threads about racism Ruth being vile and nasty etc..?

I really don't get you at all...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet you found in your heart to give in-depth analysis of Ruth Brown, Jaz Ellington and created and participated in threads about racism Ruth being vile and nasty etc..?

I really don't get you at all...:eek:

I might not have seen the show, but I do read about it ......... its enough information to help me glean whats going on ......