Favourite ridiculous storylines

rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
Forum Member
Lets start off with Sunset Beach.

Ben and his evil twin.

Vanessa getting some kind of skin blister condition as a result of some voodoo gift Michael bought her.

Caitlin going up the stairs in one scene and when she came down the stairs was portrayed by a completely different actress.

The entire boat capsize storyline and the characters marooned on a desert island.

The fact it all turned out to be
Meg's dream
in the final episode,

God I miss that show. :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not favorite but most defiantly it goes to Jimmy's amnesia sotryline in Emmerdale!
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bouncers Dream!!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynasty - Krystle being held captive by a guy played by George Hamilton, and a fake Krystle taking her place:D

Adam trying to kill Jeff Colby with office paint:D
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Condom Caper (EE). :D

Den's murder storyline was a bit ridiculous in the sense that after going through all that effort and damage to bring him back they killed him...but it was a great storyline overall.

Also liked: Stacey/Becca's stuff just before the Vic fire and Stacey/Ryan. :o
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Stape's inadvertent killing spree in Corrie :D
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    Neighbours: Carmella becoming a nun. Or evil twin Robert impersonating his brother Cameron - OK, it was all terribly executed and plotted, but it had so much potential, and was so much fun.
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    The fact it all turned out to be
    Meg's dream
    in the final episode,
    I'll just correct you there...
    It wasn't Meg's dream, it was a dream within a dream. I.e: Meg waking up in Kansas was the dream, from which she then woke up from in Sunset Beach, which was real. I still get surprised how so many people misinterpreted that ending.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be the whole John Stape/Colin Fishwick saga! :D I love how ridiculous it all got and how bonkers Charlotte was!
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Sunset Beach, I really miss it, wish Channel 5 would show it again.

I loved Olivia, who literally cried in every scene, and Annie in the coffin when she was almost cremated alive.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Kevin the alien in Hollyoaks :D:D
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Alf having a brain tumour on H&A and thinking Ailsa was back from the dead. Highlights include "Ailsa" pushing Morag down the stairs and "Ailsa" getting into a coffin when Alf was planning his funeral
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    In Home and Away, years ago, there was a storyline where some mad woman was on the loose (it was years ago and I was very young; I don't remember the details :p ) and she shot and killed someone but you didn't find out who because they went on their break then. Anyway, the next episode to air had all the cast that were involved alive and well and going to a funeral, but they never said who. Then at the end you find out it was Noah, and all his scenes with Hailey were in her imagination.

Completely ridiculous, but really, really good! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laurels Dad's crabs!

I nearly hurt myself laughing
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Bobby's ghost on H&A was another fantastically ridiculous storyline!! I wasnt able to get a pint of milk for weeks afterwards!!!
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Not favorite but most defiantly it goes to Jimmy's amnesia sotryline in Emmerdale!

Lol THAT was just cringworthy:D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    John Stape the accidental murderer who then survived falling from a multi storey building.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The saga of the accidental murderer, Mr John Stape Fishwick Chips!

Joy: "Oh no, you've been in prison as well, How many people have you killed?"
    John: "Oh that's alright, that was just for kidnapping.."
    Joy: "Oh dear dear, Kidnapping!!???"
    John: (offended) "well yes you say that, but if you'd met Rosie Webster..."

Poor John - he only wanted to teach!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Warren Fox killing a homeless person and then faking his own death, i know the body would have been burnt beyond recognition but surely there would be something that could identify 'Warren' lol the ridiculousness of soaps.

Let's not forget Days of our lives with alot of people being murdered by a serial killer, only to turn up alive and well on a secret island... Hollyoaks take note, we want India, Bex, Rae, Heidi and Lynsey back lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan Kennedy sliping on some milk and thinking she was 16 is a highlight for me
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynasty - Krystle being held captive by a guy played by George Hamilton, and a fake Krystle taking her place:D

Adam trying to kill Jeff Colby with office paint:D

This has long been a fave of mine. Adam had Jeff's office repainted and arranged for psychosis-enducing chemicals to be mixed into the paint that Jeff would enhale. Always made me wonder why other soap storylines were mocked after this had played out.

The Krystle-Rita thing was silly but tedious. Dragged on too long.
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I laughed so hard at that, hilarious. Like Blake wouldn't notice the difference.
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The saga of the accidental murderer, Mr John Stape Fishwick Chips!

Joy: "Oh no, you've been in prison as well, How many people have you killed?"
    John: "Oh that's alright, that was just for kidnapping.."
    Joy: "Oh dear dear, Kidnapping!!???"
    John: (offended) "well yes you say that, but if you'd met Rosie Webster..."

Poor John - he only wanted to teach!!:D

:D that storyline was the best. From the moment of the mad 70s teachers' cocktail party, and "Juan", a hoot.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martha's stripper storyline in H&A.