Options

EE: Paternity Question

MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,216
Forum Member
✭✭
How can they determine the paternity of the newly born Carter given Mick and Dean are full blood brothers?

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morgsie wrote: »
    How can they determine the paternity of the newly born Carter given Mick and Dean are full blood brothers?

exactly what I thought cos they should have the same blood group.

think they would need a dna test
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not solid proof they need a proper test and with their mother being such a liar with her kids paternity it could be even more confusing.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Morgsie wrote: »
    soap-lea wrote: »
    exactly what I thought

Me too :confused:
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    very good observation..... I did wonder
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We thought that too. Our only solution was that perhaps the paper proof would be enough to make them believe that he is Mick's (if he is) and ignore the fact that they don't know Dean's blood type. (unless that nurse helps them by naughtily finding it out or they find out by another means and Dean just so happens to have a different one)
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blood brothers do not always have the same blood group
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way they would have the same blood group is if both Shirley & Buster are blood group O with the same Rh group. This isn't the norm. For instance I'm O but my husband is AB therefore if we had kids our kids could be A or B. If we were both AB our kids could be A, B or AB. If I was A & my husband was B our kids could be A, B, O or AB.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried that the letter will say that it's Micks; Mick will tell Dean and Shirley and one of them will say "that proves nothing; you're brothers", thus stringing the storyline out for a lot longer. :( >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    This technique is full of holes. First they would need to know that the Mick and Dean both have different blood groups. Which is possible I am one of 4 siblings (same mother and father) 2 A+ and 2 A- so of Mick and Dean are different and the baby is the same as one of them they are likely the father unless Linda also had the same blood group then the baby could have inherited said blood group from Linda.

The only way this method would be 100% is if Mick, Dean and Linda all have different blood groups and Baby Boy Carter is the same as only Mick it Dean.

If that makes sense.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    memellymoo wrote: »
    This technique is full of holes. First they would need to know that the Mick and Dean both have different blood groups. Which is possible I am one of 4 siblings (same mother and father) 2 A+ and 2 A- so of Mick and Dean are different and the baby is the same as one of them they are likely the father unless Linda also had the same blood group then the baby could have inherited said blood group from Linda.

Plus, O is the most common blood group; it's not impossible that all 4 (Linda, Mick, baby and Dean) could be of that group.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I don't really get it. Would have thought they would also need to know Dean's blood group to tell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeh very stupid, the only thing it could possibly determine is if Mick is not a match...i.e it could confirm Mick was not the dad, but could never confirm he was since Dean could be the same blood group as Mick anyway.

Defo going to drag out for a bit longer, maybe even with tampered results somehow...yawn!
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It's nonsensical. First off if Shirley and Buster share the same blood group then Dean and Mick would also. If Shirley and Buster have different blood groups then it is possible for there to be a variation between Mick and Dean. However Mick doesn't know Dean, Buster or Shirley's blood type offhand (I would imagine he doesn't) and therefore can't be 100% from just that test.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nurse wouldn't know Dean is Mick's brother so her suggestion is perfectly valid.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    The nurse wouldn't know Dean is Mick's brother so her suggestion is perfectly valid.

well you would think he would mention it.

that family is prime candidate for Jeremy Kyle

Isn't blood group o the most common?

EE could be putting Jezza out of business if you only need a blood test 🙊🙊🙈
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Blood brothers do not always have the same blood group

Yes, this is what I thought. Just because you're full blood siblings, doesn't mean you have the same blood group.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Noush wrote: »
    Yes, this is what I thought. Just because you're full blood siblings, doesn't mean you have the same blood group.

But without Mick knowing Dean's blood group, how can they eliminate Dean as the father? Also we have to take into account Shirley and Buster's blood groups - if they have the same then Mick and Dean will be the same - but if they are different, then Mick and Dean could have a variation. I don't think this 'blood DNA' will be the end of the matter.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    But without Mick knowing Dean's blood group, how can they eliminate Dean as the father? Also we have to take into account Shirley and Buster's blood groups - if they have the same then Mick and Dean will be the same - but if they are different, then Mick and Dean could have a variation. I don't think this 'blood DNA' will be the end of the matter.

Exactly.

I agree 100% with your last couple of posts. :)
  • Options
    rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,707
    Forum Member
    Didn't the nurse say they could check blood groups from the hospital records if they had ever been a patient there.

I took it to mean they could get Mick and Deans blood groups from the records without him knowing.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosiedevon wrote: »
    Didn't the nurse say they could check blood groups from the hospital records if they had ever been a patient there.

I took it to mean they could get Mick and Deans blood groups from the records without him knowing.

They can't access Deans without his permission. The nurse would get fired.