Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done on winning the drift challenge Yuffie. Annoyingly I could reasonably regularly beat you on all of the drifts except the third one. I have no idea how you managed to get 1600 or thereabouts on that one, I think my maximum there was just over 1000 but was mostly in the 600 range :(
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done yuffie.

It now feels quite weird when thinking of folk initially saying that after they completed the tour there was a massive grind to get to lvl 50. I'm now on lvl 48 and only about half way through the original tour lol.

They really should expand on that lvl though.

Yikes lisa. Only briefly looked at it. That first Ferrari one says lead the race for over a minute. I can't even get to the front. Guess you know your driving games.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Yuffie.

I gave it a good go, but couldn't get into it, I got annoyed by how inconsistent it seemed. (to me anyway) (i.e. one run score 1400 at the first corner, next run score 500 without seeming to do anything differently).

Or maybe I'm just cr@p at drifting!

Looking forward to the next one - night time and stormy, good combo!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Cheers guys. I had to completely change the parameters of the challenge to get my first win. But hey, I'll take it.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, well done, Yuffie. Good score.
    Could monster the first corner and regularly got over 2000 just ballsed up the rest of the run. That 3rd drift zone was my ultimate undoing. People were getting 2000+ and I could never muster more than 600.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, well done, Yuffie. Good score.
    Could monster the first corner and regularly got over 2000 just ballsed up the rest of the run. That 3rd drift zone was my ultimate undoing. People were getting 2000+ and I could never muster more than 600.

Yeah, I have no idea how that was even possible. It was just too tight!
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,284
    Forum Member
    Must be doing more maintenance, servers are completely dead.

Apparently they're going to dial back the AI in a future update -

https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/545286356986232832
    https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB/status/545302817431617536
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Drat. I am literally just on to do the challenge.

I'll be back about 7ish. Hopefully the servers are back up then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking fwd to getting on challenge later
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a kunt of a challenge. It's pitch black. That last corner is gettin on my tits.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    What a kunt of a challenge. It's pitch black. That last corner is gettin on my tits.

I especially like it when the lightning flashes at that last chicane just as you go though so you clip the tyres!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a tough challenge
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'll be skipping this challenge. Need to be lvl 25 to unlock the car. I'm 24 at the moment. But with the Halo 5 beta for the fortunate few this weekend my gaming time has been reallocated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »

That little kink? I've clipped that so many times when I've otherwise been doing quite well. Makes me want to smash everything in impotent rage. Lisa seems to manage to come out of it about 10mph faster than me - no idea how!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried some laps of the challenge last night.

On the first few laps I kept losing track of where I was because I was too busy looking at the lightning. I actually just stopped and watched it at one point to try and get it out of my system. It is absolutely superb.

And as usual, I'm nowhere near the top spot. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I'll be skipping this challenge. Need to be lvl 25 to unlock the car. I'm 24 at the moment.

Ahhh. Was it not offering you a loan car ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Ahhh. Was it not offering you a loan car ?

No. Screen goes dim and message overlays Unlocked at Level 25.

I may get a couple of runs. Need to grind quickly. Only just into lvl 24, about 10% of the progress bar. Plus, depends on how the servers are for the Halo beta. If it turns out anything like the Evolve beta then I'll be on DC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd ditch my last lap ghost and gimmie my best. Thought I was on a great lap only to discover I wasnt at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Screen goes dim and message overlays Unlocked at Level 25.

I may get a couple of runs. Need to grind quickly. Only just into lvl 24, about 10% of the progress bar. Plus, depends on how the servers are for the Halo beta. If it turns out anything like the Evolve beta then I'll be on DC.

Ha I never got a single game of Evolve from the beta.
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I really wish they'd ditch my last lap ghost and gimmie my best. Thought I was on a great lap only to discover I wasnt at the end.

Turn the ghosts off. Seriously, I've found I generally drive better without them, they're too distracting. Instead of watching Lisa bugger off into the distance or be overly concerned with how I'm doing against my own ghost I just concentrate on the road and what I need to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a lot still to do this challenge it seems.
  • Options
    jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I'm on lvl 23 at mo. Tried to do challenge and you need to be lvl 25 so that you can get access to the car. So unfortunately can't access it yet. Tired levelling up today via tour mode but still long way off :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a 1.09 update released. Minor bug fixes and stability.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this challenge, but also getting really frustrated by it.

I just know I can knock about a second off my current time, but every time I get close to it I either stuff the last corner or do something totally stupid and stuff the whole section.

Grr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice you went in front of me. :(

If whenever it comes back to my turn I have my track picked out. Not sure on car yet though have an idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm at my limit. Managed to beat my time but was only fractions of a sec and didn't alter my position. Who's up next ?