Options

1.00.20 firmware OTA from tomorrow (Foxsat-HDR)

2»

Comments

• Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it matter that my loader version is still U7.53?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KesterK wrote: »
    Does it matter that my loader version is still U7.53?

Not in the slightest.
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused, I've just downloaded the new firmware and was expecting all Raydons software to disappear, it's all still there, so, a few questions, what have I downloaded? And if Raydons software was part of the Humax update, how the hell did he get my box to download it?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My STB has just upgraded, does anyone know what this does? E.g. Fix a bug or add something extra?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My STB has just upgraded, does anyone know what this does? E.g. Fix a bug or add something extra?

Bug fix to cope better with hard drive errors and loading the guide.

No new features.

Automan.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused, I've just downloaded the new firmware and was expecting all Raydons software to disappear, it's all still there, so, a few questions, what have I downloaded? And if Raydons software was part of the Humax update, how the hell did he get my box to download it?

You must of downloaded release 4.0.7 which includes Humax's 1.00.20.
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »

No new features.

Automan.

Glad to see the bug fix. But would love to see something new though, like the ability to add a Wifi dongle as I think the Humax Freeview box can...
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Automan wrote: »

No new features.

Automan.

Thanks for the info.

I would have liked to have had record from buffer or the wireless dongle features added.
  • Options
    LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    You must of downloaded release 4.0.7 which includes Humax's 1.00.20.

Just to clarify I used the over the satellite download via my humax box? How did Raydon get his software onto Astra 2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify I used the over the satellite download via my humax box? How did Raydon get his software onto Astra 2?

Odd - I think I would check what version the Foxsat thinks it was. When you boot is "boot" replaced with something else or not?
    What version does the WebIf settings page show you are on?
  • Options
    lewiscolinlewiscolin Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Glad to see the bug fix. But would love to see something new though, like the ability to add a Wifi dongle as I think the Humax Freeview box can...

The ability to connect to wifi is already present....

I use one of these....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11G-WIFI-Bridge/dp/B0050AI804/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326893215&sr=8-2

Which works brilliantly.

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Graham & REPASSAC. I suppose that changing the beta update would have invalidated the beta testing. :o
    My Update Date is 10 MAR 2012, via the beta, has everyone got the same date even if they waited for OTA or even took it within Raydon's package?

David
  • Options
    BurfordBurford Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    lewiscolin wrote: »
    The ability to connect to wifi is already present....

I use one of these....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11G-WIFI-Bridge/dp/B0050AI804/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1326893215&sr=8-2

Which works brilliantly.

:D

Forgive me if I sound a bit thick, but what would I be able to do with one of these. Could I stream films on my laptop directly to my Tv, via my Humax pvr with the bridge attached. (I don't have a usb port on my telly)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burford wrote: »
    Forgive me if I sound a bit thick, but what would I be able to do with one of these. Could I stream films on my laptop directly to my Tv, via my Humax pvr with the bridge attached. (I don't have a usb port on my telly)?

Sadly not, the Foxsat-hdr can't be used as a media player. You could do it the other way round. ie Stream SD recordings to your laptop using vlcplayer. You would need to install the modified firmware, without this the connection will only give you VOD services. BBCiplayer, ITV Player and Box Office 365. A pair of homeplugs will do the same job.
  • Options
    BurfordBurford Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Sadly not, the Foxsat-hdr can't be used as a media player. You could do it the other way round. ie Stream SD recordings to your laptop using vlcplayer. You would need to install the modified firmware, without this the connection will only give you VOD services. BBCiplayer, ITV Player and Box Office 365. A pair of homeplugs will do the same job.

Thanks Graham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWIZZ? wrote: »
    Is it related to French time being UK time + 1 hour?

David

No. The Foxsat pays no attention to where it is - and it's time is always set based upon freesat data.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burford wrote: »
    Thanks Graham

You can transfer suitable video to the Foxsat (AV2HDR) and them stream it onto your network.
  • Options
    mchadwickmchadwick Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    You can transfer suitable video to the Foxsat (AV2HDR) and them stream it onto your network.

is it possible to rmount a NAS drive onto the Humax? I've got a load of music/movies on a NAS and if I could mount it on the Humax I'd be able to serve all that media to the rest of the house...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mchadwick wrote: »
    is it possible to rmount a NAS drive onto the Humax? I've got a load of music/movies on a NAS and if I could mount it on the Humax I'd be able to serve all that media to the rest of the house...

It is possible to mount a shared network folder onto a USB drive but not the hard drive. The Foxsat lacks the driver to do this - I have a copy if you want to play with it.
  • Options
    mchadwickmchadwick Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    It is possible to mount a shared network folder onto a USB drive but not the hard drive. The Foxsat lacks the driver to do this - I have a copy if you want to play with it.

cheers Repassac... so I could shove a usb stick into the back usb port and mount onto that? Sounds like that could work nicely for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mchadwick wrote: »
    cheers Repassac... so I could shove a usb stick into the back usb port and mount onto that? Sounds like that could work nicely for me

Here is the module - load it with lnsmod then mount it, If using other than the root folder on the stick then it must pre-exist. Remember to set permissions on the host..

While the mount will work to the hard drive - the Foxsat will not play video from there.