Is Esther McVey Maggie Thatcher Reborn?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
Forum Member
✭✭
Every time I hear her speck she just comes out with the same party line and never answers a straight question with straight answer, she comes across as a very nasty spiteful person, Thatcher reincarnated?

Comments

• RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    will_bun wrote: »
    Every time I hear her speck she just comes out with the same party line and never answers a straight question with straight answer, she comes across as a very nasty spiteful person, Thatcher reincarnated?

As much as I disliked much of what Thatcher stood for I respected her intellect and her personal achievements. McVey will never come close to what Thatcher achieved as she does not have the ability to think on her feet (her performance in front of the Work & Pensions Committee re PIP was the worst that I have ever seen), always trotting out the same memorised spiel, which has been shown on several occasions to be very economical with the truth. I don't know her well enough to confirm that she is a "very nasty spiteful person" but some of the policies that she supports certainly are.
  • zackai48zackai48 Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We can live in hope. This country is crying out for another leader as strong and focussed as Margaret Thatcher. The present bunch of politicians in Parliament is, with few exceptions, weak- and they fail to comprehend the wishes of the electorate on vital issues such as Europe and immigration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zackai48 wrote: »
    We can live in hope. This country is crying out for another leader as strong and focussed as Margaret Thatcher. The present bunch of politicians in Parliament is, with few exceptions, weak- and they fail to comprehend the wishes of the electorate on vital issues such as Europe and immigration.

we don't need another spiteful evil witch thank you, she brought this country to its knees and a war saved her skin.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Esther McVey is a long way from Margaret Thatcher, however, she does represent what she stood for, which is self-reliance.

She is a great asset to the Conservatives. She's erudite, blonde, a Liverpudlian and has a regional accent. She's also the kind of politician who reflects a hard-working constituent in the C2 category whose vote is essential for a party to gain a majority.

I think she'll be used a lot more in the run up to the general election.
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we don't need another spiteful evil witch thank you, she brought this country to its knees and a war saved her skin.

You mustn't allow this bitterness to eat you up from within, nor detract from the facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mustn't allow this bitterness to eat you up from within, nor detract from the facts.

I chilled when she died but the hate remains.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Christ, they go on about the Daily Mail and it's readership living in the past, but you lot really do take the biscuit - move on.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatcher never lost her seat- unlike McVey who will lose hers in 2015.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

don't insult maggie, she is nothing like that nasty Esther McVey
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    No, because a) there's no such thing as reincarnation and b) even if there is she was born before Thatcher died.

Next :yawn:
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd say she comes across more like Cameron in that respect rather than Thatcher, unlike Cameron Mrs T could debate without losing her cool or the use of insults.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McVey overpromoted piece of TV fluff, IDS's nasty spokeswomen who will be out on her ear in 2015
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IDS in a skirt, she's just another hatchetcritter without wit or wisdom of her own
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's despicable.
  • RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're despicable.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes one of our local MPs. Her relentless self-publicising in the local papers reached such a pitch that people wrote in in droves to complain about being told every time she picked her nose or scratched her bum.
    They stopped reporting her.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McVey doesn't have one tenth of Thatcher's personal qualities.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    McVey doesn't have one tenth of Thatcher's personal qualities.

She hasn't a tenth of any decent persons personal qualities
  • ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatcher never lost her seat- unlike McVey who will lose hers in 2015.

Every marginal Tory will lose their seat according to you, you need to realise the polls now are irrelevant in terms of the election in 2015.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianmatt wrote: »
    Every marginal Tory will lose their seat according to you, you need to realise the polls now are irrelevant in terms of the election in 2015.

No. Depends on the area. This is Merseyside- ok posh Merseyside, but Merseyside nonetheless.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope she is not. As much as I dislike McCommon as muck she is nowhere near as vicious as the Maggon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Nope she is not. As much as I dislike McCommon as muck she is nowhere near as vicious as the Maggon.

Give her time.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    I've never really heard of this woman. Quite tidy though; what's it called when you fancy a pump with someone you wouldn't really like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really heard of this woman. Quite tidy though; what's it called when you fancy a pump with someone you wouldn't really like?

Sick.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She used to be on tv shows such as Watchdog, and other consumer complaint type programmes as a roving reporter way back when.