Kylie Minogue - 'Kiss Me Once' (Album Thread)

Comments

• elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #kylietour2014

http://www.kylie.com/live/

"Full dates announced soon"
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will she retire ?
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #kylietour2014

i have only seen her live once, in 2001 at the hammersmith apollo, shortly after my birthday and it was absolutely amazing. i'll never forget it, because i headed for the toilet when she announced she'd be doing a new song and thought it was a perfect time to make a sharp exit.:D the song was "cant get you out of my head" though and i missed it.:blush:

i was so pleased to have caught her live at the point though and to have had such a great view. only a year later and she was performing in arenas.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    When will she retire ?

Why do you care?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Why do you care?

a lot of fan base tensions have resurfaced lately, which unfortunately, i have been inadvertently been dragged into.:( some people just cant seem to get past the fact i am a bigger fan of another singer, so i guess they assume any criticism i make is born out of some sort of misplaced loyalty, despite the fact i rarely mention the m word in kylie related threads. if i am provoked, then naturally i react, but the truth is i have been purchasing kylie's music and following kylie's career before some of her younger fans were even born.;-)

however, this particular scenario is perhaps the most hilarious of all, because if i am correct in my thinking, the person you quoted is actually a big fan of kylie's sister dannii.:D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    because if i am correct in my thinking, the person you quoted is actually a big fan of kylie's sister dannii.:D

:D Well. Besides Neon Nights, there's no accounting for taste.
  • Marge SimpsonMarge Simpson Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    The album sounds really good, it's certainly not as Americanised or as Urban as many were seemingly fearing it would be. It has some of the funkiness of Body Language mixed in with the electro pop/dance vibe of Fever and X. Million Miles, Sexy Love, Fine, Feels So Good and Kiss Me Once would all make great singles, the sad thing is all of them would have been a shoo-in for the top 10 eight years ago or so, now I'm not sure how high any of the singles that are released after Into the Blue will chart. If Only is fast becoming my favourite track on the album, and Beautiful is, effects aside, a pretty nice song. I'll be happy as long as Into the Blue is a sizeable UK hit that gets people buying the album. Into the Blue has actually shot up from 96 to 25 on the UK Radio Airplay Chart :) The song is not even close to being the strongest on the album, Million Miles or Sexy Love should have been the first single.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Album samples of each track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8zErggrSjE
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I love Kylie and been to all her Tours after listening to the album sampler I'm really disappointed. I was expecting something a bit fresher and newer sounding instead it just sounds the same generic pop, in fact it might as well be a continuation from Aphrodite which although had a few good tracks it really only had one anthem song. I really hope after listening to the full album I will enjoy it more as Aphrodite hit the bin within a month, thankfully X remains in my iTunes top play list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The studio version of Les Sex is even better than that live clip! I think it's an early favourite for me

Really liking what i'm hearing from the album sampler
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I've pre ordered the Japanese version with 4 extra songs and a DVD. The sampler sounds great though
  • Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    iTunes 90sec samples now available too.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I have heard In to the blue a few times i love it . Wish they would bring the release date forward .
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kylie is too old now to be playing the *hot babe* on The Voice. She is old enough to be my mum and should act accordingly imho.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Oh my gosh...the album sounds amazing. Les sex, i was gonna cancel and if only are my faves at the moment. Its a very kylie sounding album which im very happy about :) the only track i dislike is beautiful.. very dull and un-kylie. I cannot wait to buy it and hear it in full..very happy:) A number 1 album i think..
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    #kylietour2014

Oh my god I'm now starting to panic I'm on holiday from 20 March to 7 April and iv a sneaky suspicion the tickets are going to go on sale within this time I've been to her last 5 shows including the anti tour
  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I think Kylie is too old now to be playing the *hot babe* on The Voice. She is old enough to be my mum and should act accordingly imho.

OK, I'll take the bait - that is ridiculous.
    What do you want to see her doing instead? "Act old", wear cardigans??
    My son is 15, he was born the month Britney's "Baby One More Time" was released, so she is old enough to technically be his mother. By your logic of "mother = act accordingly" should Britney leave the *hot babe* look behind?
    I ask only out of curiousity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are people managing to hear the full album? Can I get a PM if link shouldn't be posted in public?
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Previewed the album on itunes, it's sounding quite good!
    Forum Member
    It's great that song previews are now up on iTunes for people to listen to, not everyone is probably aware of them being on YouTube. I'm certainly not surprised to see that a few Madonna fans have already submitted their automatic one star reviews on iTunes. What's funny is that one reviewer asked why Kylie can't do something edgy and different like Madonna's MDNA and Lady Gaga's Artpop. PMSL. The last time I checked, both of them are generic pop/dance albums that are in no way profound or deep or any different to most of the other top 40 music out there, they certainly didn't offer anything new or cutting edge to the market, so why criticise Kylie for making a current pop/dance album? What's sad is that some of the people who are slating Kiss Me Once would probably be all over it and loving it had Madonna recorded it, especially songs like Million Miles and Sexercize, it's only because it's Kylie that they feel the need to criticise it. It reminds me of a guy on here who raved about Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up the Radio while calling Timebomb generic in the same sentence. Oh dear...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great that song previews are now up on iTunes for people to listen to, not everyone is probably aware of them being on YouTube. I'm certainly not surprised to see that a few Madonna fans have already submitted their automatic one star reviews on iTunes. What's funny is that one reviewer asked why Kylie can't do something edgy and different like Madonna's MDNA and Lady Gaga's Artpop. PMSL. The last time I checked, both of them are generic pop/dance albums that are in no way profound or deep or any different to most of the other top 40 music out there, they certainly didn't offer anything new or cutting edge to the market, so why criticise Kylie for making a current pop/dance album? What's sad is that some of the people who are slating Kiss Me Once would probably be all over it and loving it had Madonna recorded it, especially songs like Million Miles and Sexercize, it's only because it's Kylie that they feel the need to criticise it. It reminds me of a guy on here who raved about Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up the Radio while calling Timebomb generic in the same sentence. Oh dear...

thank you pointing this out, i had a look on itunes and found the "review".:blush:

Boring

by LiamB85
    First song 'into the blue' not the best sign....was waiting for something new from Kylie. The last 'different' album from her was the album X. I'm sure Kylie's biggest fans will love it, but i'm aching to hear her do somthing more radical and less in-line with what she has done before. Into the blue sounds like it has come from the Aphrodite album, which I was was more white-wash and did not have alot of substance. KYLIE - DONT BE AFRAID TO BE DIFFERENT!! GaGa and Madonna with MDNA and ARTPOP have done it - yes, some have slated these albums, but both are notable in their careers. I fear this will just sit on the shelves as just another Kylie album. Even the alub artwork is quite tame really. Come on Kylie, give us some edge, some depth. I do love you Kylie, I really do, but you are at risk of falling into the background just ONLY to be credited as a gay icon. They are NOT your only audience; hence Madonna's sucess.

that is indeed rather embarrassing on so many levels and just downright petty considering the songs aren't even fully available yet.:( lets try to adult about it though and put things into prospective. will this "review" make any difference, i highly doubt it. it certainly wont motivate me into cancelling my pre-order.:D also, if you have an issue with whoever over whatever comments they made in previous threads, why not send them a private message and see if you can work things out privately? its obviously on your mind, because you mentioned that post once before already in your short time with us. just a little suggestion.:)
    Forum Member

It's even sadder when one realises that the Madonna fans (and they've admitted they're Madonna fans in their reviews) actually gave the album one star reviews weeks BEFORE the previews for all the songs had even been released. Yet more proof that iTunes should take a page out of Amazon's book and only let people review an album once it's been released or some people need to be a bit more patient before disregarding an entire album after only hearing one track. Pathetic. Into the Blue isn't even a true representation of many of the other songs on the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's even sadder when one realises that the Madonna fans (and they've admitted they're Madonna fans in their reviews) actually gave the album one star reviews weeks BEFORE the previews for all the songs had even been released. Yet more proof that iTunes should take a page out of Amazon's book and only let people review an album once it's been released or some people need to be a bit more patient before disregarding an entire album after only hearing one track. Pathetic. Into the Blue isn't even a true representation of many of the other songs on the album.

i completely agree with you on this, it is indeed absolutely pathetic.:( however, i do think that both amazon and itunes should only accept reviews from verified purchasers of the record they're reviewing. how else are we supposed to honestly believe that the reviewer has actually listened to record?:confused: this is why i have started to ignore the "personal reviews" on these platforms and take these "reviews" with a pinch of salt. these "user reviews" are quickly becoming as nonsensical and as provocative as the comments on youtube videos in recent years.>:(
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruthven wrote: »
    OK, I'll take the bait - that is ridiculous.
    What do you want to see her doing instead? "Act old", wear cardigans??
    My son is 15, he was born the month Britney's "Baby One More Time" was released, so she is old enough to technically be his mother. By your logic of "mother = act accordingly" should Britney leave the *hot babe* look behind?
    I ask only out of curiousity.

Britney is 32 not 45 like Kylie. :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does any even take notice of amazon reviews? I don't need someone telling me if something is good or not. I'm more than capable of making up my own mind. I don't need anyone else telling me how to think.

Look at that weirdo who has posted negative reviews on every Madonna item on Amazon. So much effort and for what? everyone can see he is just a troll so no one takes the blind bit of notice at his delusions. I would post the link so everyone could have a good laugh at him but as its his personal page I might be invading his privacy. The reviews are easy to find ;)