Options

getting new ps4 tomorrow, any advice on whats good to get from the online store

jed88jed88 Posts: 23
Forum Member
as title really, colelcting my ps4 finally tomorrow , ps3 all boxed up as cant see me playing that now

ive got the second son and call of duty bundle coming and will get fifa later in the year

is kill zone any good

and also could someone confirm what type of powerlead does the ps4 take as at the moment ive left my ps3 slim power lead in the wall and hoping they are the same

Comments

• Options
    D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there Jed88, power supply is the same as the PS3 (figure 8). Killzone visually is superb, gameplay is good but have not finished it yet. Loving Infamous second son at the moment. Enjoy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D3XT3R wrote: »
    Hi there Jed88, power supply is the same as the PS3 (figure 8). Killzone visually is superb, gameplay is good but have not finished it yet. Loving Infamous second son at the moment. Enjoy :)

Thanks mate, cant wait to get stuck in
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hey,

Well Killzone can be picked up for £20 used / £30 New (on Amazon) so I'd say it's worth it. It also has a multiplayer mode if that's ur thing.

Tomb Raider is a great game too and definitely worth picking up if you didn't play it on ps3.

PS+ is a must. You'll need it for playing online and if you don't already know, you get a free ps4 game every month as long as you're subscribed (along with 2 ps3 and 2 vita games).

I really enjoyed Lego Marvel Superheroes. Probably just as enjoyable on previou. Gen consoles tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Hey,

Well Killzone can be picked up for £20 used / £30 New (on Amazon) so I'd say it's worth it. It also has a multiplayer mode if that's ur thing.

Tomb Raider is a great game too and definitely worth picking up if you didn't play it on ps3.

PS+ is a must. You'll need it for playing online and if you don't already know, you get a free ps4 game every month as long as you're subscribed (along with 2 ps3 and 2 vita games).

I really enjoyed Lego Marvel Superheroes. Probably just as enjoyable on previou. Gen consoles tho.

hi , thanks for reply, the ps4 game you get every month is that just one of the smaller type games or full game like from the shop ? ive never bothered with ps+ but think i will this time from what your saying there

i went through a spell of online play but played last of us and then the 2 infamous and havent played much online since
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the minute they're small games (indie games) but they will pur big AAA games on it. Driveclub will go on it when it is released. And as ps+ is nearly mandatory, if they put CoD Ghosts up for free, the entire ps4 community would own it and then it would receive 0 sales thereafter. So when there's more games out they can afford to put some more bigger games up on it.

So Sony have said that they will put the big games on it but just not yet. Also we've. Got some excellent little indie games free. Don't knock em til you try em :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also why not try plus for like 3 months to see if you like it I think it's about 12 quid.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Youll get a trial period free when you sign up to store if you've never been a member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replys and i will give them all a go for sure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just got home to find its been deilvered , had a quick look , done some updates and wondered can you still claim 14 day free trial in ps store although i was a psn memeber with ps3 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No I don't think you can. The free trial is only if you were never a ps+ member. Sucks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you create a new ps id I guess
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That would get it for you but your trophies would be split across two accounts. You can buy a 1 month sub now. Must be about 5 pounds or something. Not going to break the bank if you didn't like it.
  • Options
    the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Don't Starve is a fun PS+ game for PS4.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Ghosts is barely an upgrade from the PS3 version at all tbh - Fifa, isn't a massive upgrade, but it's definitely an upgrade - crowd visuals in particular are a major step up.

KZ, as mentioned above is visually very impressive, and I haven't finished that yet either.

I had Resogun and Contrast as free games - and tbh, although they're not free anymore (I'm guessing) they're probably still worth paying for - Resogun is a massively addictive modern-age Space Invaders type of a game which showcases at least one of the DS controller's new capabilities very nicely. Contrast, is just a gorgeous game to look at, and again, I found this puzzler totally addictive.

Enjoy, it's a fantastic console that will only get better as more and more games are released for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check your local library. Ours rents ps4 and xbox1 games for 2 pounds per week. Ive just rented nfs rivals. Ours has more xbox1 games than ps4 though. Was hoping to see infamous in the today but sadly was either out our they haven't got yet. Good for single player games where you might complete in a week
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGS Ground Zeroes is a bit pricey for what you get..but its visually impressive. Havent played it yet, my lad has finished it though..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't forget to download the freebies like war thunder, dc online, warframe and blackgate retribution.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend subscribing to PS+.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend subscribing to PS+.

Definitely. Some months are duds but for 30 quid is well worth it if you as up all the game which I wouldn't have really chosen to buy but I end up enjoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks guys

been playing infamous 2nd son and so far really enjoying it, is there no connection between the last two or did i miss something ? as from what i make out its just a new story only 17% in though

is there a new uncharted coming does anyone no ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jed88 wrote: »
    thanks guys

been playing infamous 2nd son and so far really enjoying it, is there no connection between the last two or did i miss something ? as from what i make out its just a new story only 17% in though

is there a new uncharted coming does anyone no ?

Uncharted 4 will no doubt come to PS4 and there's rumour off an Uncharted collection being released on PS4. All we can do is wait and see :)
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When do we find out about this weeks eshop releases Guyz? ... Wanna see how much there gonna charge for **lego hobbit** :)

& does anyone know when firmware1.70 is gonna happen? :)
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    When do we find out about this weeks eshop releases Guyz? ... Wanna see how much there gonna charge for **lego hobbit** :)

im getting lego hobbit from amazon, £39.99 i think m8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

Yes Sony know lol and £39.99 for Lego Hobbit :o
    I went for the PC version for £19.99.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Don't forget to download the freebies like war thunder, dc online, warframe and blackgate retribution.

Loving War Thunder so far