Beyonce's not very intelligent is she?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've always thought she was inarticulate in interviews and when I came across this recentely it confirmed that:

http://dimewars.com/Video/Beyonce-Fumbles-Through-Discussion-On-Racism-With-Larry-King.aspx?bcmediaid=192b831f-1809-45dd-a2be-c47efb1e7847

Is she really that ignorant? Racism will be gone in "two years"??

I remember I saw another video of her too when she was asked about her opinions on fur, and she just fumbled through that too. How is it that a woman of her stature can be so.... embarassed and almost 'childish' when discussing such serious matters?

Comments

• jokerfacejokerface Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    It's just an opinion. It doesn't mean that she's a dunce. Now compare her to say someone like Katie Price or Lindsay Lohan, Beyonce is a genius.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's just not comfortable with controversial topics?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the fur issue, she doesn't want to anger PETA but I think she does like fur and was struggling for a diplomatic response but came out fumbling and bumbling.

That was taped after Obama's presidency win. Many people hopefully thought that with a black president, racism would decrease and eventually disappear. Foolish thinking, of course.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no she isn't but yet some would have us believe she wrotes her songs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for me beyonce can come across as unlikable.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she might have been uncomfortable in that interview. It's like she was desperately trying to think of words to use that wouldn't be taken out of context.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think she might have been uncomfortable in that interview. It's like she was desperately trying to think of words to use that wouldn't be taken out of context.

You can still be 'PC' but articulate at the same time. I've just always thought that Beyonce comes across as being somewhat.... dumb... even in straight-forward interviews where she is being asked simple interviews. I don't know who the real 'her' is, I don't know if she is always that cardboard-like but she just seems to have no personality or anything interesting to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    You can still be 'PC' but articulate at the same time. I've just always thought that Beyonce comes across as being somewhat.... dumb... even in straight-forward interviews where she is being asked simple interviews. I don't know who the real 'her' is, I don't know if she is always that cardboard-like but she just seems to have no personality or anything interesting to say.

So what if shes dumb. Shes a singer/dancer in the entertainment industry. Why should she be a great mind as well? This is just how things are in life. On the one hand you have the nerds who are usually bad at sports and not very attractive/social and then on the other side you have the attractive popular people who are usually as thick as pig shite! Both extremes end up making tons of dosh and the rest of us who are in the middle just live average unfulfilled lives. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    She's got a voice and legs. Why are people so greedy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    To be fair to her, being interviewed isn't as simple as just answering questions. She has to tread carefully, knowing that her words could get her into trouble or be taken out of context. Having to think about your response and then self-edit it in the process, can't be the easiest thing in the world and if you aren't the brightest spark it's probably worse.

I doubt she has much PR practise in answering questions about fur or racism. I would say, her comments about the latter were of course naive but if it was right after Obama's election then I could understand the hype. I mean, I highly doubt Beyonce deals with racism the way the average non-white person does, she's on another spectrum of reality.

The catch 22 being that if a celebrity candidly voices their opinions, however intelligently, they're told to shut up. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    lynxmale wrote: »

legend lol
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member

Yes to this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

True like in this thread for example.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    no she isn't but yet some would have us believe she wrotes her songs

Meh she probably wrote some of her songs like Check on it.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha, exactly. She can't have it all!! Damn!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she sounds unintelligent, I agree with what some people are saying that she was just trying to choose her words carefully to sound PC.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she's thick, it's why she takes her mother around with her everywhere so she can speak for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well education comes secondary when you're on the road to superstardom!

Exactly!

Nobody is perfect at everything.
    She may not be the most articulate or knowledgeable, but she a damn good performer!
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

..and very bootylicious
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Of course she's thick, it's why she takes her mother around with her everywhere so she can speak for her.

I think her mother has been with her recently because they've been promoting their fashion line "House of Dereon".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerface wrote: »
    It's just an opinion. It doesn't mean that she's a dunce. Now compare her to say someone like Katie Price or Lindsay Lohan, Beyonce is a genius.

If she had an iq of 17 she would be brighter than those two.:yawn:
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »

that is strange because other celebrities get no end of criticism if their mother travels with them. not a single word here

i guess that proves that beyonce is a sacred cow
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    that is strange because other celebrities get no end of criticism if their mother travels with them. not a single word here

what? if i was a famous star and had to rely on people i know and trust my mother would be one of the first people on that list quit being ridiculous
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's called double standards.
  • dy85dy85 Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    i agree with some of the comments as i read certain music forums she is always being slated. Prime example the new video that she has out, when that went global everyone was saying how she stole clips, even though she didn't direct the video she was still the one to blame. What makes me laugh is that Kelly Rowland had the same problem 3 days later with her new video where over 2 minutes worth of it was the same as another video that the director produced. Oh and before i forget, have you guys forgotten the bump scandal. That has also gone global so i don't blame her for being very choosy on her words and her mother is her designer she has mentioned that countless times and i don't see why it's a problem seeing the two of them together. To me it's a good thing it shows that she respects her mum and takes what her mum say seriously, how many celebrities have we seen that have said that there parents are there role models, that have been married before having kids and actually been in a relationship for more than five minutes before going down the aisle i cant think of a lot especially the ones that kids look up to.