The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    If true I'm not to fussed because on PC it's being totally re done, better graphics and texture more animals desner traffic all that sort of thing.
    That's what they tell you now. I remember all the promises Rockstar made before the game came out. We're still waiting on a lot of them.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    That's what they tell you now. I remember all the promises Rockstar made before the game came out. We're still waiting on a lot of them.

Lets just hope so eh :)

I am hearing a lot that they are working on it as single game and not a port, which is a good thing.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    There appears to be silly rumours going around lately that Grand Theft Auto V has been canceled on PC and delayed to 2015 for PS4/Xbox One.

These are false, merely articles taking advantage of Rockstars silence on the subject in an attempt to drive views to their websites and drive up attention. Grand Theft Auto V on PC, PS4 and Xbox One is still on track for a Fall 2014 release.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    There appears to be silly rumours going around lately that Grand Theft Auto V has been canceled on PC and delayed to 2015 for PS4/Xbox One.

These are false, merely articles taking advantage of Rockstars silence on the subject in an attempt to drive views to their websites and drive up attention. Grand Theft Auto V on PC, PS4 and Xbox One is still on track for a Fall 2014 release.

What along with that vapourware - Heists?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA V next gen getting more radio tracks:

"Back with @rockstargames to update my GTAV radio station Non Stop Pop FM for new versions coming this fall"

http://instagram.com/p/sTFD8MjKB6/
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    GTA V next gen getting more radio tracks:

"Back with @rockstargames to update my GTAV radio station Non Stop Pop FM for new versions coming this fall"

http://instagram.com/p/sTFD8MjKB6/

I hope it not just a few new tracks on the radio stations for the next gen version. I was hoping that it would come with some new SP DLC to be honest.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the ****?! I just went to play and it lost all my saves!!!! Took me back to as early as July. Piece of crap, I'm done!
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Im surprised this hasn't been dated for PS4/XboxOne/PC yet.

Surely must hear something in the next few weeks.

Still looking forward to playing it again though :)
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Im surprised this hasn't been dated for PS4/XboxOne/PC yet.

Surely must hear something in the next few weeks.

Still looking forward to playing it again though :)

Hiya mate I've seen it listed as being released 28 nov

But also seen this :(
    The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of
    Grand Theft Auto V have been delayed until
    spring 2015, according to Australian
    retailer, Big W (via GamePur ).
    In an open letter sent to its customers, the
    company stated that the hotly anticipated
    next-generation version of Rockstar’s
    crime romp won’t hit shelves in November
    2014 as originally thought.

[url] https://www.psu.com/news/24565/GTA-V-PS4-delayed-until-spring-2015-says-retailer[/url]

I hope it's just the Australian version that is delayed, well it's going to take a lot of editing to get past the overly strict censors.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Surely if an Australian retailer was told that by Rockstar then why hasn't others from other countries said anything?

Nov 28 would kinda make sense i guess. Still think December :)
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Anything you read is clickbait, sourced from YouTube videos of people wanting to get hits, retailers are just guessing dates, which leads back to YouTube "celebrities" to post this "exclusive" information, which then gives gaming websites an excuse to churn out another article mentioning Grand Theft Auto V which is a guarantee interest point.

It's been like this for weeks, because Rockstar refuse to comment on a date outside of "Fall 2014" these people take that as an excuse to write what they want and get people pissed off or angry in the same of getting hits to their websites or YouTube videos.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Surely if an Australian retailer was told that by Rockstar then why hasn't others from other countries said anything?

Nov 28 would kinda make sense i guess. Still think December :)

Like I said if and a big if it's true maybe its just Australia.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles getting priority over PC, damn you cockstar! :mad:
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh, new trailer this afternoon. :)

My Xbox Live expires this week, which puts an end to any further GTA V shenanigans. Looking forward to experiencing it again on PS4.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

Consoles use set parameters,PC's have many specs from minimum to recommended using different CPU and GPU combinations,so stands to reason it takes longer to make sure its polished across the board
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah the PC version has to be in 5496P / 465FPS otherwise its classed as a 'lazy port'
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »

Awesome ! Another game to add to the list to buy before Christmas.

Life is tough.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope some of the DLC vehicles make it into the standard city traffic. Also glad to hear the Dukes will be making a return.

I hope the user created races carry over to the next gen and that Rockstar add proper leaderboards for time trials and split times during the races.

Its kind of sad that this is the game which makes me want a next gen system :blush:
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

November is a busy month, Rockstar have to maximize revenue so that means focusing on console retail and delaying PC until new year.

Waiting a couple of months doesn't matter too much at this point, shit will however hit the fan if after all this time the game does not have steamworks.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 days after the The Master Chief Collection is released, better book some time off work :D
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Poor PC gamers...

"Grand Theft Auto V Release Dates and Exclusive Content Details for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC

Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, 2014 with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities
    - Additional wildlife
    - Denser traffic
    - New foliage system
    - Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game's 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. For more info about gaining access to exclusive content for returning players, please visit rockstargames.com/V/bonuscontent.

Stay tuned for a brand new trailer coming at 9am Eastern today - and for now, enjoy these sixteen new screenshots taken from the PlayStation 4 version of the game."

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52308/grand-theft-auto-v-release-dates-and-exclusive-content?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=gtavps4xbox1pc&utm_campaign=gtavreleasedetails09122014
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw some dude in the petrol station that looks just like my GTA V Online character. I would have taken a pic to do a comparison, but I was frightened he might beat me to death with his Ginsters pasty.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I really ought to know better, but Damn!!! I'm looking forward to new and improved Los Santos.