iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat, so much easier lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a cat but dogs are probably more fun . My cat can be right anti social little git ,I frequently have to remind him " me human you cat get off my bed" .He does not listen.Thinks HE owns the place.
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats are so much lower maintenance but they do have a tendency to get run over and the whole 'house cat' thing is just cruel.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Dogs, definitely.

I don't have either, now, but used to have cats and dogs all the time and the dogs were always great fun.

My sister has two cats and two dogs. The cats constantly bring poor small dead birds and mice in - horrible, at least dogs don't do that.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a cat but dogs are probably more fun . My cat can be right anti social little git ,I frequently have to remind him " me human you cat get off my bed" .He does not listen.Thinks HE owns the place.

You mean, you think you own the place. If you were as intelligent as a cat, you would know the cat is a god and therefore owns everything.

Cats look down on us humans for not being as smart as they are and not realising that we are the pets and the cats are the owners.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The various species of Tyrannosaurids make wonderful pets.

Lovely colours, feathered and very fluffy.

Rather difficult to control though. :D
  • Options
    starpress12starpress12 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    You mean, you think you own the place. If you were as intelligent as a cat, you would know the cat is a god and therefore owns everything.

Cats look down on us humans for not being as smart as they are and not realising that we are the pets and the cats are the owners.

I am convinced cats actually do think like this :D
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It's a matter of opinion but for me it's dogs. Cats are lower maintenance but I think dogs have more "personality" and you can bond with them more. I have three myself and they are very much part of the family.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am convinced cats actually do think like this :D

Of course they do. Its true. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »

Your right. He is always giving me scathing looks " Remove yourself from my vicinity or feed me minion ". If we don't open the door to let him out ,he just pulls the hand and does it himself :o
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

I love this dog vs cat diary
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Humans die out Cats will take over the World.
    Dogs will be the first to die out as they are to stupid to feed themselves
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats x 1000000
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats r evil, dogs 4 ever!
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats also smell better and make pleasing noises.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats also smell better and make pleasing noises.

I love all animals dearly and I think all pets have their downsides. But I can't disagree that cats both smell and sound better.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floog wrote: »
    Cats are so much lower maintenance but they do have a tendency to get run over and the whole 'house cat' thing is just cruel.

Having a house cat is not cruel at all, in fact my vets said in a busy city where you are near main roads it can be kinder to have an indoor cat but that you should decide when they are a kitten, you cannot chop and change as most cats will not adjust to that , If a cat has a lot of space and plenty of toys and preferably another cat as a companion they are happy as larry .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

I love this dog vs cat diary

I've seen that before, it's funny.

I'm a dog man. Who couldn't love this dog.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/duffystev/media/zinda/DSCF2306.jpg.html
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can bond better with dogs and do a lot more with them but I like that cats are independent and low maintenance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had to choose it would be a dog but I don't think humans have a need to keep either as pets. We have evolved past the need except in a working capacity. And most breeds have now become hideous abominations suffering the ill effects of inbreeding to satisfy humans selfish desires. They may be "mans best friend" but "man" doesn't deserve them.

/rant
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just depends on you or whoever is going to be caring for them. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone get the pet they want least, or can't understand.

Personally I like having cats that also have the opportunity to spend a lot of time outside (e.g. somewhere rural). It's easier caring for them with them having an outdoor bathroom, and they seem to have plenty of energy they need to burn hunting and exploring. If I had a dog, I'd still want to be not walking it in town and having to pick up its poop.
    If I had to choose it would be a dog but I don't think humans have a need to keep either as pets. We have evolved past the need except in a working capacity. And most breeds have now become hideous abominations suffering the ill effects of inbreeding to satisfy humans selfish desires. They may be "mans best friend" but "man" doesn't deserve them.

/rant

Yeah, I'm uncomfortable seeing things like short-legged creatures bred to have short legs for looks alone, or having flat faces and having problems eating and breathing. And to hear about how some breeds have become physically unable to breed and live without human intervention. I don't know that that's most breeds, though.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely cats.

It's not true at all that they're antisocial or unaffectionate. My cat can be found every evening curled up on the arm of my chair with her head resting on my shoulder, purring.
    She follows me round the house all day, just like a dog would.
    Very intelligent, affectionate and often very funny.